Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically no, that is a senien series, it does have a lot of shonen bullshit though.

Uh, why it is a seinen series when there's nothing to classify it? Because of maturity? Nudity? Blood? That's not how demography works. Putting it like that is just inventing a demography based on the content when in the reality that's not how it works.

I don't even know why this is something so needed for this community.

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, why it is a seinen series when there's nothing to classify it? Because of maturity? Nudity? Blood? That's not how demography works. Putting it like that is just inventing a demography based on the content when in the reality that's not how it works.

I don't even know why this is something so needed for this community.
I'm assuming he's referring to it as Seinen because it's manga adaption of the anime was published in a Seinen magazine. Though I would wish everyone would drop the terminology of Shounen/Seinen/Shoujo (Josei is okay, since there are so little Josei adaptions that they tend to actually always fall into the mental image of Josei) when it comes to talking about anime.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Nu Card Captor zzzzzzzzz
GLhvlGk.jpg

I thought the rabbit was going to wake up but nope! Another zzzz episode.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather not label anime as shonen or seinen unless they're referring to the magazine they appear in. It gets kind of muddled when we use the terms outside of that context.

Oct 25, 2017
At least 2 eps for all shows, my overall feelings towards each show I'm watching this season. (3=Moderately to Strongly Flawed, 4= Below Average, 5= Average, 6 =Above Average, 7=Good. My current average is 4.70 with 900 animes to keep in mind with the scores )

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season: I've given up any hope that Bones or the director would see the error of their ways and change this series's beyond horrendous background art, seriously who the hell approved it! Ignoring that...MHA S3 like the previous two seasons before it is an adequate adaption that tends to have boring storybording when the director is in control. On another note man that OP is really shitty from a directorial standpoint; as someone else has mentioned it feels like at the 11th hour the production committee changed the song for the OP, and they were forced to attempt to piece together what they had to try to make it work with the new song. (4.5/10, Not Dropped)

Megalo Box: Good on the director convincing the committee to make it a spiritual successor to Joe and not a sequel; shame on him for thinking that making it 480pesq would give it that "older" feel and ruining the background art. Putting that aside, I'm quite enjoying my time with Megalo Box between both the action and the downtime. (6.5/10, Not Dropped)

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory: I don't think any of us really expected this production to be one of standouts of the season but Xebec and the director pulled it off. Outside the car scene (cars are forever doomed in CG in anime), I have nothing but praise for the storybording and subtle touches shown when creating this show. While I don't expect it to hold its current level of storybording quality, if it can at least stay somewhat near this level of quality throughout its run I will be thrilled. (7.5/10, Not Dropped)

Hinamatsuri: The manga adaption I feared for the most this season should of been the least feared for. Both feel. and the director are doing the manga right in capturing the odd spirit that is Hinamatsuri; while a few jokes are botched due to comedic timing, as a whole it has been more hit then miss in this adaption. (6.5/10, Not Dropped)

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: Where's my animation in my anime? Where's my backgrounds in my anime? Seriously why is there more animation in the 1.5 minutes that is the opening then there is in the two episodes combined? Yes, a rom-com can get away with less animation then say an action series, but this is some 3 minute short level of animation. Stick with the manga which is charming and funny with the same amount as animation as this adaption. (4/10, Dropped)

Amanchu! Advance: Whoop, Whoop, Whoop! (5.5/10, Not Dropped)

Hisone to Maso-tan: In Okada we trust to give us an actual good Bones anime this season....with dragon vore. (7/10, Not Dropped)

Golden Kamuy: I've already said enough about GK's adaptation prior that I don't feel like retreading said points. Adaption falls straight on its face whenever it comes to action scenes, the only consultation prize is it not fucking up the comedy scenes alongside the action ones. Just read the manga, I'm only sticking on this ride to see how long until the wheels completely fall off said production. (3.75/10, Not Dropped)

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby: The surprise of the season? Maybe....just maybe. (6/10, Not dropped)

Mahou Shoujo Ore: Comedy generally falls flat, animation almost always falls flat and the OP is horrible. I have better things to do then waste more time on this show, like wasting it on slightly worse or better shows. (3/10, Dropped)

Gegege no Kitarou (2018): Another decade has passed so Toei has revived Gegege once again! 2018's version of the classic youkai manga is a nice re imaging of the series for today's high tech focused world. The anime is generally fun and can be quite horrifying in a child acceptable way; though the animation can be lacking sometimes the background art tends to stay on point to make up for the sometimes-weaker animation. Also, Cat-Neesan. (5/10, Not Dropped)

Nobunaga no Shinobi: Anegawa Ishiyama-hen: 2 episodes in and Chidori is back to her old ways of decapitating enough faceless grunts to feel at home in a Musou game. (5/10, Not Dropped)

Fumikiri Jikan: An inoffensive 3-minute short that may get a chuckle out of you once. (3/10, Not Dropped)

Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù: A mecha space parody that's quite hit or miss with its comedy, space dog was a hit though. (3.5/10, Not Dropped)

Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari: Possibly the other biggest surprise of the season for a show I assumed was going to be utter trash. How well it is able to evolve from its current gacha focused comedy will make it or break it. (4.5/10, Not Dropped)

Gurazeni: Interesting premise that while not particularly great sounding, seems like an interesting change of pace compared to most sports anime. Sadly, the show has been very hit and miss as a whole and is plagued by some hideous CG that is included in the OP for reasons I can't understand. (3.5/10, Not Dropped)

Tachibanakan Triangle: Irredeemable Shit (1/10, Not Dropped because I hate myself)

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least 2 eps for all shows, my overall feelings towards each show I'm watching this season. (3=Moderately to Strongly Flawed, 4= Below Average, 5= Average, 6 =Above Average, 7=Good. My current average is 4.70 with 900 animes to keep in mind with the scores )

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season: I've given up any hope that Bones or the director would see the error of their ways and change this series's beyond horrendous background art, seriously who the hell approved it! Ignoring that...MHA S3 like the previous two seasons before it is an adequate adaption that tends to have boring storybording when the director is in control. On another note man that OP is really shitty from a directorial standpoint; as someone else has mentioned it feels like at the 11th hour the production committee changed the song for the OP, and they were forced to attempt to piece together what they had to try to make it work with the new song. (4.5/10, Not Dropped)

Megalo Box: Good on the director convincing the committee to make it a spiritual successor to Joe and not a sequel; shame on him for thinking that making it 480pesq would give it that "older" feel and ruining the background art. Putting that aside, I'm quite enjoying my time with Megalo Box between both the action and the downtime. (6.5/10, Not Dropped)

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory: I don't think any of us really expected this production to be one of standouts of the season but Xebec and the director pulled it off. Outside the car scene (cars are forever doomed in CG in anime), I have nothing but praise for the storybording and subtle touches shown when creating this show. While I don't expect it to hold its current level of storybording quality, if it can at least stay somewhat near this level of quality throughout its run I will be thrilled. (7.5/10, Not Dropped)

Hinamatsuri: The manga adaption I feared for the most this season should of been the least feared for. Both feel. and the director are doing the manga right in capturing the odd spirit that is Hinamatsuri; while a few jokes are botched due to comedic timing, as a whole it has been more hit then miss in this adaption. (6.5/10, Not Dropped)

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: Where's my animation in my anime? Where's my backgrounds in my anime? Seriously why is there more animation in the 1.5 minutes that is the opening then there is in the two episodes combined? Yes, a rom-com can get away with less animation then say an action series, but this is some 3 minute short level of animation. Stick with the manga which is charming and funny with the same amount as animation as this adaption. (4/10, Dropped)

Amanchu! Advance: Whoop, Whoop, Whoop! (5.5/10, Not Dropped)

Hisone to Maso-tan: In Okada we trust to give us an actual good Bones anime this season....with dragon vore. (7/10, Not Dropped)

Golden Kamuy: I've already said enough about GK's adaptation prior that I don't feel like retreading said points. Adaption falls straight on its face whenever it comes to action scenes, the only consultation prize is it not fucking up the comedy scenes alongside the action ones. Just read the manga, I'm only sticking on this ride to see how long until the wheels completely fall off said production. (3.75/10, Not Dropped)

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby: The surprise of the season? Maybe....just maybe. (6/10, Not dropped)

Mahou Shoujo Ore: Comedy generally falls flat, animation almost always falls flat and the OP is horrible. I have better things to do then waste more time on this show, like wasting it on slightly worse or better shows. (3/10, Dropped)

Gegege no Kitarou (2018): Another decade has passed so Toei has revived Gegege once again! 2018's version of the classic youkai manga is a nice re imaging of the series for today's high tech focused world. The anime is generally fun and can be quite horrifying in a child acceptable way; though the animation can be lacking sometimes the background art tends to stay on point to make up for the sometimes-weaker animation. Also, Cat-Neesan. (5/10, Not Dropped)

Nobunaga no Shinobi: Anegawa Ishiyama-hen: 2 episodes in and Chidori is back to her old ways of decapitating enough faceless grunts to feel at home in a Musou game. (5/10, Not Dropped)

Fumikiri Jikan: An inoffensive 3-minute short that may get a chuckle out of you once. (3/10, Not Dropped)

Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù: A mecha space parody that's quite hit or miss with its comedy, space dog was a hit though. (3.5/10, Not Dropped)

Last Period: Owarinaki Rasen no Monogatari: Possibly the other biggest surprise of the season for a show I assumed was going to be utter trash. How well it is able to evolve from its current gacha focused comedy will make it or break it. (4.5/10, Not Dropped)

Gurazeni: Interesting premise that while not particularly great sounding, seems like an interesting change of pace compared to most sports anime. Sadly, the show has been very hit and miss as a whole and is plagued by some hideous CG that is included in the OP for reasons I can't understand. (3.5/10, Not Dropped)

Tachibanakan Triangle: Irredeemable Shit (1/10, Not Dropped because I hate myself)

You're really harsh with those scores hahaha You have a myanimelist? I would be curious to see your scores of other series

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
You're really harsh with those scores hahaha You have a myanimelist? I would be curious to see your scores of other series
He's only using the score range as it should be used, rather than compressing it to the usual MAL average scores (similar to game review scores) where 8 is pretty good, 7 is okay to good and 6 is trash for diehard fans.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
March comes in like a lion 28
Man, I liked it better when this series was about Rei and his struggles and shogi and stuff. This middle school drama is really not doing it for me.
First of all I feel like I've seen it in a thousand anime, so it's uninteresting. Second of all, I realise bullying is a serious issue but they can't just have some kids in her class call her "Bitch" one time and throw away her shoe and have us accept all this trauma and suffering she's going through because of it. It's ridiculous and I can't take it seriously.
Damn episodes feel like they're 90% crying now. Only redeeming factors are Rei's teacher and the baseball guy.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Two mangas I would've loved to see animated (black clover / Tokyo Ghoul) don't exist, so I wouldn't want a third anime getting announced and then mysteriously cease to exist.
Lol same.

You know a work is successful when it attracts posts like this.
For real

I'd rather not label anime as shonen or seinen unless they're referring to the magazine they appear in. It gets kind of muddled when we use the terms outside of that context.
Yeah I feel you.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
CloverWorks feels more fitting for the material; I personally think Noriko Takao, who directed episode 5 of Franxx and storyboarded episode 13, would be a perfect choice. Tomohiko Ito, former director of SAO, is also a possibility.
Oh, 7Th, please tell me... what are the possibilities of the Shōko Nakamura & Akemi Hayashi combo finally at the helm of a series? With Sarazanmai on the horizon maybe they'll return to aid Mr. Ikuhara instead, but I can hope.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When's Jojo and Beserk coming back, that's all I care for right now (after Academia and Overlord)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Old news but I'm probably dropping Takagi-san... the animation just really isn't adding enough for me to sit through 20 minute episodes. Like, it doesn't have the sense of place or time of a Non Non Biyori or a Yuru Camp and it's not as rapid-fire funny as a Gekkan Shoujo.

It's not bad, but it's just not adding enough for me.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Old news but I'm probably dropping Takagi-san... the animation just really isn't adding enough for me to sit through 20 minute episodes. Like, it doesn't have the sense of place or time of a Non Non Biyori or a Yuru Camp and it's not as rapid-fire funny as a Gekkan Shoujo.

I was not sure if I should get back to this but I thought I'd give it another shot just yesterday lol

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Golden Kamuy 3

Worth it for Ainu lore. Poor cubs, but I guess releasing them out into the wild isn't a thing during this time period.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

I was not sure if I should get back to this but I thought I'd give it another shot just yesterday lol

I had a lot of fun with it. We'll probably never see it, but I'd enjoy a season 2 and/or movie, just to see Takagi own that poor boy constantly...

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait, doesn't that have a bunch of loli and rapey shit (combination of the two maybe) with the Goblins? I think the manga screens that were posted after that was announced was enough to nope me the fu(k outta even testing that one out....
The manga has basically taken stuff from the LN that was just small sidenotes like "Goblins rape and pillage" and turned it (at least this is what I read) into actually showing detailed nude scenes and rape scenes to attract readers with edginess I guess.
Those parts of the manga are total shit and shouldn't be there. The actual story from the LNs is not like that and I'm pretty sure the anime won't focus on it at all.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One question, do you read the manga? Because I feel the background complaint is unfair when they don't have much to work with. Also I don't understand that rain of storyboard complaints lately, but I gess I am not a expert.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
The manga has basically taken stuff from the LN that was just small sidenotes like "Goblins rape and pillage" and turned it (at least this is what I read) into actually showing detailed nude scenes and rape scenes to attract readers with edginess I guess.
Those parts of the manga are total shit and shouldn't be there. The actual story from the LNs is not like that and I'm pretty sure the anime won't focus on it at all.

You have a LOT of faith in the anime industry.......

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Gundam Build Divers Episode 4:

Okay, I don't think I ever expected to see Tequila Gundam in a modern setting for obvious reasons but here we are.

Oct 25, 2017
BLack Clover Episode 29 (glorified recap)

It actually had its moments and wasnt something worth skipping like other recap episodes (looking at you YGO VRAINS)

Best Asta moment.
DbisAbbWkAAjyAx.jpg:small

Best overall moment, give Gordon screentime Tabata.
DbiuWMoWsAI1szh.jpg:small
DbiuXn1WAAAoFsB.jpg:small

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
Pop Team Epic E7

Hellshake! Hellshake!

That hellshake Yano segment was so cool. I really enjoyed watching voice actors having just pure fun while they also told story in pretty unusual way.

Oct 25, 2017
Yowamushi Pedal Glory Line Episode 16

Naruko all by himself but hopefully something happens on that front.
Dbi2m5hVMAAoZl8.jpg:small

More importantly out favorite duo have finally linked up again, hyped to see whats next. I think Junta is a good captain even if he perhaps isnt the most outstanding person on their team, I guess hes just the working hard normal guy that people can trust and believe in but does nothing of note sadly. In any case, the montage with how many times Aoyagi has save him and believed in him was touching and sweet. Best.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Caligula 3

This was... bleah-ish. The cheap animation and look don't help. At least the main character is going to make a stand and actively take part in the story now, instead of just brooding around, so maybe things will get better.

Binan S3 E3

It's more of the same, but it's not quite working for me. It's nice that the "villains" and the "heroes" know each other this time around, but it's not enough to completely shake off the repetitiveness of the formula. The characters themselves don't have the same charm as the old ones, particularly the new Red Ranger who just can't carry the show like Yumoto did.

Oct 25, 2017

So the LN has no redeeming features?

SieteBlanco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, 7Th, please tell me... what are the possibilities of the Shōko Nakamura & Akemi Hayashi combo finally at the helm of a series? With Sarazanmai on the horizon maybe they'll return to aid Mr. Ikuhara instead, but I can hope.

I'm not sure. Akemi Hayashi should be part of the core staff for 3.0+1.0, but I'm not sure if that's already in production. Shoko Nakamura would be a good choice and most of her recent work has been at A1/CloverWorks. That said, I think that the odds favor Tomohiko Ito.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Yikes. My local library is acquiring the first two volumes. They better not put that shit in the teens section.

Jerks still haven't acquired any of my requests. :(

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I know I've watched more than the 400+ on my MAL but I don't think I have the patience like you to REALLY rate them all.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Build Divers 04

The heavy focus on the VR setting and the world over the actual Gunpla and Gundam is kind of ehhhhh. The progression and pacing just seems pretty vague too, without the strict goal of a tournament or anything to build towards. This is on top of the "assimilation" and super moves this episode brought up, which worries me that this might head in the direction of Try eventually. I do at least like how Yukki is equally being built up and trained alongside though, so this might not end up as much of a one-man show for Riku.

Woofei was pretty cool though.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
It's more that you rate them after finishing one
I suppose that is the trick, course the issue in my case is that I've watched a ton of anime before I actually got around to making a MAL account like 3-4 years ago but I've been watching anime in earnest since around 2009. So while I do rate stuff I've been watching now, the huge block of older stuff I've watched still waits for times I feel inspired or someone tells me to update my list.

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
A Place Farther than the Universe 11

Although this boasts a story about four friends, the last couple of episodes tends to focus more on two sets of them than all of them together and this has been the case even in another episode prior to this between the same pair of friends - Tamaki and Yuzuki in episode 10 where as Shirase and Hinata in this episode. While it would be nice if it mixed and matched here or tried to tackle something more complex I am not sure it is within the scope of the show but it's not unusual to see slightly lopsided bonds of this sort in this situation or a social circle of this scale. Their respective relationship expectations and attitudes pair well with each other enough to build and result in something compelling and cathartic. This works within the scale and doesn't needlessly push a third character to get involved in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.