• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Was just looking at the new content for AC: Odyssey. If BW can come anywhere close to outputting the quality and quantity that Ubi has for their GaaS, then Anthem should have a long and great life.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Excited to see what you cooked up.

Have fun modding all the "bomba" "Fu(k EA" "Fu(k bioware" "DOA" troll posts....

UrkSA61.gif

(I don't envy that job on era)

Mutley <3

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I have EA Access, but I kind of agree that those that pre-ordered the Legion Edition should be given early access as a bonus for pre-ordering it regardless of platform. People that bought the Legion Edition are the core/enthusiast that will be the lifeblood of the game, giving them early access for spending a bit more would of been the way to go. But I also understand reward those that pay for their subscription service though as well. If anything, like some other games, perhaps early access 4 days before official launch would been a good compromise.

On the other hand, those that are waiting/forced to wait till the 22nd will have an additional patch from my understanding. From what I have read the 15th version will still have the "walking like mud" through the main hub and that fix wont be out till the 22nd. Who knows what else is part of the 22nd patch that we wont have on the 15th.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
On the other hand, those that are waiting/forced to wait till the 22nd will have an additional patch from my understanding. From what I have read the 15th version will still have the "walking like mud" through the main hub and that fix wont be out till the 22nd. Who knows what else is part of the 22nd patch that we wont have on the 15th.
That's not very smart, won't most reviews be based on that unpatched version ?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
That's not very smart, won't most reviews be based on that unpatched version ?

From what I have read/understand, the 15th version is patched up, but there are certain things they could not have ready for the 15th like the slow walking in the hub area that they said is part of the 22nd patch. My concern is the same as yours. I think 1st impressions, demo aside since we know it was an old build, is going to be crucial. It just comes down to how much they got crammed into the 15th patch versus the 22nd patch. If the majority of the "big" issues are in the 15th, then it should be fine. For me however, that walking through mud was really bad and distracting, so not to have that and who knows what else is a concern.

That is the price for them doing this early thing. For a game like this a week worth of more work to make things better can be pretty huge, we will just need to see what state the game is in on the 15th. At the end of the day, many will judge this game based on the early access so I hope EA/BIoWare have it in a good state since there will a ton of people playing on the 15th and if things are fucked up, it is going to be a blood bath.

I hope that live stream thing they are doing later today will shed some light on what to expect come Friday.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
For us Origin Premier members, we can now pre-load the game, ready for launch tomorrow at 10:30pm UTC. Almost only 24 hours until we can dive in! Now get to pre-loading Freelancers!

86dGWrB.png

Xbox players can pre-load now too (and have been able to for a few days now). PS4 players we're still waiting on a confirmed date when pre-loading begins for you, all signs point to Tuesday (19th).

PC Pre-load is: 51.04 GB.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
For us Origin Premier members, we can now pre-load the game, ready for launch tomorrow at 10:30pm UTC. Almost only 24 hours until we can dive in! Now get to pre-loading Freelancers!

86dGWrB.png

Xbox players can pre-load now too (and have been able to for a few days now). PS4 players we're still waiting on a confirmed date when pre-loading begins for you, all signs point to Tuesday (19th).

PC Pre-load is: 51.04 GB.

i just can't believe launch is at 4:30CST.....like literally right as i get out of work. I'm so happy that i don't have to wait till 11pm or so to get maybe 30 minutes in and go to bed.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Are you able to preload the trial on Xbox if you have EA Access?
So no preload for Origin access basic so far?
How do I preload it on Origin? ( I just have Access Basic)
Premier members are able to add the game to their library, like other games in the Vault. I'm guessing that this will be available to Basic members too before or at launch tomorrow, so they can download the game - I'd hope for you all that it gets added soon.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Premier members are able to add the game to their library, like other games in the Vault. I'm guessing that this will be available to Basic members too before or at launch tomorrow, so they can download the game - I'd hope for you all that it gets added soon.
Preload is also up for standard preorders, or should be.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm prob going to be getting in on the premier access... which is just supporting this shitty practice.

Deleted member 34618

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Does that significantly damage the experience for you? Is there some way they could have made the mismatch seem less artificial?

Genuinely curious, as I write stories set in games.
Hard to say until the game is out and we know the full story, the marketing with it has made me cringe though. It's not a make or break feature but I guess that yes, it does damage the experience since every time I hear it my brain goes "that's so DUMB!"

If the game provides an interesting, compelling reason for this seemingly incongruous name then of course it will be fine. It should to be a well thought out and narratively significant reason though, not something like Dragon Age: Inquisition where it was fairly obvious some doofus dev though "Inquisitor" sounded badass and they shoehorned it into the lore to make it work.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I've got my premiere one-month sub turned on as of now.

I'm rooting for you Bioware, I really really am.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Thanks to everyone who voted in the OT Title Poll.
OT TITLE POLL NOW CLOSED
nyHV7fU.jpg

OT WILL GO LIVE AT 10:30pm UTC TODAY (13th)
See you all in the OT later today.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have the link and time that BioWare will be live streaming today? Can't seem to find it. It was posted on one of the pages in this thread, just can't locate it. Thanks!

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
That makes things a lot easier to pick from if a bit disappointing. Then again I guess we don't really see our character outside of the Javelins a lot anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
Will preload when I get home today. Hopefully no server issues tomorrow when trying to play / login. I get off work at 2:00 PM PST and I'm looking to play once 2:30 PM hits! Going to be running some RTSS statistics on my rig to see if performance is any better this time around.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I read that review embargo will be lifted this Friday, can anyone in the biz confirm or deny that?

Status
Not open for further replies.