• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lol I don't play Overwatch. I bought it. But quit after a couple matches because of the same thing.
3fD44Gv.jpg

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is the best BR game on console. 60fps, amazing shooting and communication shortcuts. I just wish for the wall running and the fluidity of TF2 in some separate mode.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
This was predictable from the moment I booted it up. It's a free battle royale AAA shooter from the people behind modern COD.

It'll keep growing.

Also I have to give a shoutout to the MTX not being in your face or in the way at all. Just good stuff all around. Respawn is one smart studio.

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Ever since they left Call of duty behind they've never gotten the commercial success they deserved.

I have to assume this game is why EA went all in and payed 500 million for respawn, they're probably gonna keep expanding respawn to DICE levels.

zzzyz36

Oct 23, 2018
Crazy stuff, played 4 games and have zero kills but good fun.

Last game came second, my entire team dead me 1 vs 3, thought I had them in the last circle with an air strike thing, but it fell a bit short and I couldn't get into last circle without being in the open, got blasted .

I am sure some friends who PUBG and BF will jump on this.

Last edited:

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Hello ResetEra!

It's been a surreal few days for us. We love Apex and a big motivation for shipping it was just so we could finally go home and play it outside of playtests but wow. The response has been so overwhelming. I'm doing a million things right now and won't be able to answer many questions or talk with you all as much as I would like right now but, I just wanted to say thank you to this community.

I know everyone was super skeptical when the leak happened and I totally get that. I would have been too! Thanks so much for still giving us and Apex and chance. I've read many of the threads and OT and so have lots of folks on the team. We put so much of ourselves into the game and it was so hard to be so secretive about it, so it's really validating to see players enjoying it as much as we do.

So thanks for giving Apex a shot, thank you for all the kind words, the feedback, and the support. We're listening to it all.

Now we got a lot of work to do! Can't wait till you see all the stuff the team is jamming for this year.
How were you guys able to keep this a secret? I didn't think it was possible in this day/age, well done!

Jay Frechette

Community Manager at Respawn
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
How were you guys able to keep this a secret? I didn't think it was possible in this day/age, well done!

Honestly I have no idea how we pulled that off either. Especially in the last few months when we had to start bringing in folks from outside Respawn to help execute the launch.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I have no idea how we pulled that off either. Especially in the last few months when we had to start bringing in folks from outside Respawn to help execute the launch.
let me applaud your marketing team. shadowdropping this game worked amazing to avoid all the "omg not another royale rip titanfall 1/10" driveby mob mentality it would've certainly gotten otherwise.
right now people are busy playing the game instead of shitposting, and since its an amazing game there is close to none negativity.
brilliant move

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy

You guys had really a perfect launch, thank you very much for the hours of my life that me and my friends will sink into this :D
Can't wait for the solo mode also.

Anyway, just had two wins in a row and I admit I feel like a better man.

Nuclearaddict

Oct 25, 2017
Hey buddy, just wanted to say you all gained a fan. I've always wanted to try the Titanfall games, but just never got around to it. When this released on Monday, I figured, why the hell not. I'm floored. I can't stop thinking about it. The gameplay, the heroes. It's all great. Great job.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Gave it a shot, but not for me. It's a well made game etc, but I just think BR is not for me at all, as that's the third I have tried and played 2-3 games and then wanted to delete it.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Respawn deserves this success, after playing it, its awesome, pinging is thinking out of the box all multiplayer games should adopt. Well done guys!

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Brilliant game and so damn fun. The fist fights I've had on top of the airship never fail to make me laugh! Now all they need is some Titanfall skins in their pass or marketplace to get more attention on the Titanfall series ;).

Kliemie

Oct 26, 2017
Hello ResetEra!

It's been a surreal few days for us. We love Apex and a big motivation for shipping it was just so we could finally go home and play it outside of playtests but wow. The response has been so overwhelming. I'm doing a million things right now and won't be able to answer many questions or talk with you all as much as I would like right now but, I just wanted to say thank you to this community.

I know everyone was super skeptical when the leak happened and I totally get that. I would have been too! Thanks so much for still giving us and Apex and chance. I've read many of the threads and OT and so have lots of folks on the team. We put so much of ourselves into the game and it was so hard to be so secretive about it, so it's really validating to see players enjoying it as much as we do.

So thanks for giving Apex a shot, thank you for all the kind words, the feedback, and the support. We're listening to it all.

Now we got a lot of work to do! Can't wait till you see all the stuff the team is jamming for this year.

Thank you as well for the best Battle Royale to date!
I like Apex Legends and will support Respawn by buying some coins

Can't wait for Twitch Rivals Challenge event next week!

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the camp of those that were skeptical from the start. I thought this could work, but at the same time we've seen far too many "been there, done that" BR attempts already to feel excited when a major dev drops their own version of the formula instead of sticking to something more unique - and Titanfall is definitely a very different kind of shooter, but in terms of multiplayer with the titans, and the Half Life 2-esque single player that is just not really being done nowadays.

The reality of things is that I woke up 4 days in a row at 5-5:30am just so I can play an hour or two before I go to work. I play on my lunch breaks when I have the time, and do the same in the evening. I barely played anything else since. The more I go on the more I think this is probably the best BR out there: the classes add a lot of extra depth and variety, the abilities and banners reward teamplay, and there's so many excellent design choices all around: the pinging, the low ammo amounts (no more spray and pray), the group drops, the champion statuses, and so on. And it all looks great while and runs very smooth, bar the expected hiccups that make sense when there's a million players pushing your servers hard.

A couple more things we need like killcams, a replay system, a vote to keep your team after the match, and so on. If they manage to keep the game updated at even a third of the speed that Fortnite does, without screwing up the balance or the meta, this will be my go-to BR for long. Been there for The Culling, for PUBG, for Fortnite, for Vigor, for Blackout, but while all of them had their strengths and most managed to addict me nicely, this feels like the best attempt at the genre yet. EA and Respawn have an incredible canvas in their hands here, hopefully they'll paint a bright future for the game. The numbers so far are insane and totally well deserved. It won't kill PUBG or Fortnite, but it doesn't need to.

Now Battlefield's Battle Royale is what could get kinda killed by this explosion, and I'll keep on being absolutely certain that Anthem and The Division 2 aren't too happy about the surprise drop of an addictive and polished multiplayer shooter days before they arrive after years of wait. I know, different games and all but there's an overlap in populations when it comes to shooters.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
There was a brief window of opportunity a few days before the superbowl for something to leak when the marketing texts hit, but it is never worth a few minutes of fame. But I was definitely anxious to see when it would be revealed :D

Clear_Strelok

Mar 22, 2018
And you should remember to never to sit around declairing things dead in your head before playing them for yourself.
Which is something that I... didn't do.
As I downloaded and played the game in order to form a final opinion (admittedly mostly because I trusted that Respawn could produce something at least mildly entertaining even in a genre that I dislike). Not sure what the tagging is for.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Is "git gud" a banned meme? Because these "I ran around for 15 minutes then got sniped"-posts are just a series of self owns by people not willing to learn the ropes.

Edit: as someone who has spent hundreds of hours in TF1 & 2 I am elated respawn is seeing this level of success. Apex rules.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Not a fan of the battle royale genre, but from what I've played, it seems to be the best one so far.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
will 20 million players bring in a Team Death Match mode ?

Pretty please <3

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Is "git gud" a banned meme? Because these "I ran around for 15 minutes then got sniped"-posts are just a series of self owns by people not willing to learn the ropes.
Yeh it'd be as bad as playing say DOTA, not understanding the basic mechanics, then blaming the game for your failure.

A lot of posters find it hard to admit they're not actually that good at games and don't want to put in the practice.

will 20 million players bring in a Team Death Match mode ?

Pretty please <3

TF2 is on sale right now!

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

Edit: as someone who has spent hundreds of hours in TF1 & 2 I am elated respawn is seeing this level of success. Apex rules.
It's the only correct response.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
This is the only Battle Royale that has stuck with me, thanks for making such an amazing game!

Roge_NES

Feb 18, 2018
Just hit 10 wins! This game is so addicting and overall pretty great, there's a couple of connection problems on PS4 here and there which will probably get patched fast.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean 10 million is great and well deserved!

I hope they can generate some revenue a la Fortnite though.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Well deserved success. This thing will get HUGE once they polish it a little more. But even at this stage it's already so damn good!

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would EA ever want to try a stab at a non GaaS game ever again? They just hit the jackpot. EA's dead to me.

People really are hungry for more battle royale games aren't they? Jesus

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Ive tried Fortnite, PUBG, H1Z1, and Realm Royale and Apex is by fat the most fun Ive had playing BR, kudos to respawn.

Pinging in this game is something BR needed

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
For as much out of the box this game is and while I really enjoy playing it I wish they went even further and just let us drop with a regular pistol this time, the looking for weapons part and getting destroyed because some people were more lucky than you always was a dumb idea.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Why would EA ever want to try a stab at a non GaaS game ever again? They just hit the jackpot. EA's dead to me.

People really are hungry for more battle royale games aren't they? Jesus
Where have you been for the last 2 years lol. Almost every game nowadays is GaaS by description:
n video gaming, games as a service (GaaS) represents providing video games or game content on a continuing revenue model, similar to software as a service. Games as a service are ways to monetize video games either after their initial sale, or to support a free-to-play model. Games released under the GaaS model typically receive a long or indefinite stream of monetized new content over time to encourage players to continue paying to support the game. This often leads to games that work under a GaaS model to be called "living games" or "live games", since they continually change with these updates.

I mean, every game that has a continuous stream of content is GaaS single player, or multiplayer. It doesn't matter how long that content will ship, but getting support after release makes it a service.

I would say Hitman, Spiderman, Forza etc etc. all are GaaS.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
For as much out of the box this game is and while I really enjoy playing it I wish they went even further and just let us drop with a regular pistol this time, the looking for weapons part and getting destroyed because some people were more lucky than you always was a dumb idea.

This is an absolute non issue if you have half a clue of what to do in Apex. The drops are very well balanced and also even if you had a pistol if you are bad enough to not find a gun I'm sure you'd get destroyed by someone who already has a shotty, so your "fix" makes no sense either.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Yes this is the only complaint I have with Apex. Also with those classes it would have being logical that each would have their own weapon at the start. Maybe they'll do it eventually !

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just had a non-gamer friend from across Europe ask me if I worked on Apex (which I didn't).

They somehow heard about this game, and I'm 100% sure they don't play games.
You will be like a celebrity in there eyes right now, I bet they tell their friends, oh I know a guy who works at EA on Apex ;)

Don't kill their dreams 😂

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

First of all, congratulations.

Second of all, i just wanted to make a note that Titanfall Battle Royale would actually sell.

i'm talking 50 huge class based mechs doing parkout in a giant map.

I really just wanna raise that ball while i have the shot to do so.

Thanks for listening.