• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
TIL I am a better Lifeline the I am Bangalore.
d65ae35b-1ed1-4eea-8749-630f4d00a13f.PNG

57709c31-15be-4c37-977d-0ff5fa68c07d.PNG

Last edited:

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One good thing about Apex is you can definitely tell if one of your teammates is completely hopeless from the initial jump. In those cases I've just started leaving the game, shit isn't worth it at that point.

You leave during the initial drop?

You're only harming yourself at that point. If you're convinced your teammate is useless that early on there's nothing stopping you from at least dropping in a hotzone and getting some target practice in before you die...

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Just had the most intense game. The last 7 squads were all in the same area and it was a non stop fight until the end. Got downed twice. Had a self revive for the first and got picked up the second time. We took the win with 25 kills. Random squad. Love this game!

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Long-range battles are almost impossible I feel like. Up close and personal is where almost all your kills will come from unless you run into someone with no armor.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't watched any Twitch for this game and I'm doing quite fine. Seeing a bunch of dudes running through random players is not really educational.
Ok...then that works for you then...no clue why you felt the need to quote me with that. I did not say that every person MUST watch Twitch before they play this game or else they'll be left behind! Everyone that hasn't watched someone play this game on Twitch must be terrible at this game!

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think I can properly express my absolute disdain for the burst fire prowler. Absolutely garbage without select fire.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Good suggestions here. I'm a total unashamed stat tryhard, so I would definitely love to see major changes to the way stats are tracked in this game.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I can properly express my absolute disdain for the burst fire prowler. Absolutely garbage without select fire.

I'm always surprised when I fire it and it isn't in full auto. I'll sometimes grab it if I'm finding crap guns with the hope of finding the Select Fire hop, and if I get into a fight I'll sometimes switch over to it - and then stand there like an idiot doing nothing for a second or two while I wonder why the Prowler isn't firing in full auto.

And then I die.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really starting to like the R-99! Just gotta use a "bad" scope that doesn't zoom in too much. Or the gold one.

I realized I'd been sleeping on this gun. After going into the training mode I found out a lot of the guns I liked I really didn't, and ones I hated I should have liked. R-99 went to the top of my favorites and Flatline went to the bottom.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Long-range fights usually mean even if you get a knock, that person is just going to get revived immediately. It's a waste of time.
Not if you are working with your teammates. A good team will have a sniper down somebody while the other two work angles on the enemy. Personally, I always have a shotgun handy so I tend to rush the enemy while my long-range partner does their thing. Usually my 3rd teammate comes with. That's how you do it, son.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any hard data on the hitboxes of the different legends? I keep seeing people complain about them on the larger characters, but has anyone actually put out a chart or something? Is each character slightly different, or are there uniform "big legend / small legend" hitboxes?

Just seems weird to me to see so much discussion with no actual data.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Do we have any hard data on the hitboxes of the different legends? I keep seeing people complain about them on the larger characters, but has anyone actually put out a chart or something? Is each character slightly different, or are there uniform "big legend / small legend" hitboxes?

Just seems weird to me to see so much discussion with no actual data.

It seems to all be anecdotal. I've yet to come across any actual testing.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched any Twitch for this game and I'm doing quite fine. Seeing a bunch of dudes running through random players is not really educational.
You definitely learn about how different weapons handle. I never quite understood how to use the Triple Take in close quarters until I saw shroud mowing dudes down with it. You also gain insight on how to be more effective with your pushing since all the streamers play extremely aggressively. I've picked up some angles that I would never have found otherwise.

I wouldn't say its required viewing, but it definitely helps.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
This video is great - I recognise so many of the voices now.

The best one? Caustic is
Dr Barry Goodman from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I wish this game had a more Scout version of Bloodhound that did not rely on voice communication to give info. I think I will always be bad at shooting in the game, but I would love to give out quick info in some way to be helpful. Something like a big AOE ping ult that displays tracking info for all teammates - as the current version of the the ult then ping is not defintiative enough when playing with randoms

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I have a serious problem in this game where I can get to 2-3 squads left and somehow be in the worst position fucking imaginable for that last fight and die to the squad that become champions. Consistently.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Good suggestions here. I'm a total unashamed stat tryhard, so I would definitely love to see major changes to the way stats are tracked in this game.

I could have swore there's something that shows your furthest kill. It might be a badge but it shows something like 32/1000 for your range. Not the same, but it's there.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
shroud just had 3 games in a row with no teammates, so I don't feel as bad that the same thing happened to me last night.

Cozmo

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I love when I get into a solo game. All the loot for myself! The two times I've got put in an empty squad I got second and third place.

Just found that, thanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/athw8d/bloodhound_vs_pathfinder_hitbox/

Pathfinder = trash confirmed?

I wish I could see comparisons between, say, Bloodhound and Bangalore.
Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I'm maining Pathfinder but had to play as Wraith recently. Wiped out two squads by myself and felt like I should have died multiple times; whereas when I play as Pathfinder I feel like I always get hit and go down much easier compared to when I played as Wraith and Lifeline.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
So people are nowadays just straight up quitting the game as soon as you chose their "favorite", no matter if you spent 200hrs playing with him/her and random is like 8th level or whatever.

Or they just go to the most populated drop point and go straight on the bullet, without even grabbing a gun, just to die as fast as they can.

Unfortunately, out of 10 rounds, 7 are like this. As time passes, its starting getting harder and harder to swallow.

As much as I like the game, the state of the population is awful in every possible way

Oct 26, 2017
California
Long-range fights usually mean even if you get a knock, that person is just going to get revived immediately. It's a waste of time.
Nope. If I knock someone from range, we're pushing and tossing nades and/or Ult strikes and cleaning up. Playing aggro in this sort of scenario is a wipe 8 times out of 10.

The goal should be to get that knock to give a your squad a numbers advantage on the push.
Yep.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Four games in a row:

Game 1: I dump 10 rounds of Devotion into someone who runs off, then I get instakilled by a Peacekeeper when I have Level 3 armor and helmet. I try to point out the person who downed me to our teammate, who thinks I'm an enemy and shotguns me fruitlessly as the enemy I'm frantically pinging walks right up behind them in the open

Game 2: Teammate wants to instahotdrop at Water Treatment, loots in the middle of a gunfight while me and the other teammate are downed and the enemy is busy reviving the person I downed. They wait a good 30 seconds looting more as the rez goes off, then slowly walks into the room to die

Game 3: Drop at Bridges, and even though I get an R-99 I only manage to dump like half a magazine into three people before dying. Our teammate runs away from our banners and then stares at an enemy who walks right past them, then runs right at the enemy without pulling out their gun, and dies

Game 4: Starts without a third teammate, second teammate quits during drop, I survive looting a bunch and then a full team drops on me. I escape with a zip line but my clamber up the ledge doesn't register for no reason, I grapple away and it glitches on a corner and freezes me in the grappling animation on the wall

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
This is partly why I want a Solo mode. I want to be able to actually snipe people and get kills on them instead of just knocking them down so their buddy behind the rock can heal them.

Oct 28, 2017
you will not snipe kill anyone anycase. there is no weapon one shot one kill beside the kraber

solo mode, as soon as taking damage, your target will get instant cover and heal.

you get knocks long range now because people dare being open and trading shots long range because they can be easily revived

this game is not for sniping. absolutely.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. If I knock someone from range, we're pushing and tossing nades and/or Ult strikes and cleaning up. Playing aggro in this sort of scenario is a wipe 8 times out of 10.

Yep.
Long range isn't the same as mid range. There's no way you're closing the gap at sniping distance before the player gets revived and healed.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
you will not snipe kill anyone anycase. there is no weapon one shot one kill beside the kraber

solo mode, as soon as taking damage, your target will get instant cover and heal.

you get knocks long range now because people dare being open and trading shots long range because they can be easily revived

this game is not for sniping. absolutely.
longbow headshot can one-shot people with no armor

anyway, it's not that the sniping doesn't work in the game, it's that sniping alone doesn't work in the game. sniping is absolutely great for putting an enemy team on the back foot or creating a window of opportunity to push

Status
Not open for further replies.