Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
jr72bg8w.jpg

Release Date: Jan. 25th, 2023
Platforms: PC, Switch, Xbox (With Play Anywhere Support), PS4
Price: $49.99 (Digital All Platforms) (Physical for Switch) (Import Physical for PS4)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwULOH1QyAE&pp=ygUgQXBvbGxvIEp1c3RpY2UgcHJlLU9yZGVyIFRyYWlsZXI%3D

Summary
Apollo Justice's Legal Journey Begins Anew!

Join rookie attorney Apollo Justice and his mentor, the legendary Phoenix Wright, in this collection of 3 games! This title features the 14 episodes of "Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney", "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies", and "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice", and the 2 previously DLC-only Special Episodes for a total of 16 episodes!

Also included is a mountain of extra goodies that's sure to satisfy any Ace Attorney fan!
  • Orchestra Hall - Listen to the in-game background music and select orchestral arrangements!
  • Art Library - View illustrations, design specs, commissioned pieces, and even the special Spirit of Justice Prologue anime!
  • Animation Studio - Play around with character animations and recreate your favorite scenes!

This collection supports Japanese, English, French, German, Korean, and Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Mix and match to play in whichever languages you'd like!

Immerse yourself in this beautiful collection as you shout "Objection!" in these newly renovated halls of justice!

Some of the contents of the games in this collection are presented as initially released to preserve the games as originally created

lgvtsjja.jpg

Screenshots

NOTICE FOR NEWCOMERS
The Apollo Justice Trilogy is a collection of the 4th, 5th, and 6th Ace Attorney Games.

It's highly recommended that you play the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy first (Available on PC, PS4, Xbox, Game Pass, & Switch).
The Great Ace Attorney (Available on PS4, Switch, and PC) can be played at any moment as it's a prequel set very far in the past.

GDGdHELaAAEqYVT.jpg

The original OT's for both games can be found here
www.resetera.com

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy |OT| Turnabout Multiplatform

Genre: Craction (Courtroom Battle Action) Platforms: PS4, Switch, XB1, Steam Download Size: 2GB Developer: Capcom Release Date: Now, 2019 Price: $30 ABOUT The Ace Attorney Trilogy brings the original three games to the big screen. Or the palm of your hand...again. But in HD! Featuring redone...
www.resetera.com

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles |OT| Ace Ancestor Capcom - OT

Developer: Capcom Publisher: Capcom Genre: Adventure Platform: PC, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch Release Date: July 27, 2021 Price: $39.99 / €39.99 / £32.99 Languages: English (Subtitles) / English, Japanese (Dual Audio) 'Chronicles' is the North American and European debut of the 'Great Ace...

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I have the game preloaded on Xbox now. So excited to play this. Got a 13gig update for the game today.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Now a whole new generation can be exposed to how mind-bogglingly weird Phoenix's post-OG trilogy character arc is!

and athena cykes, I guess

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I had a lot of fun with these games. They didn't really measure up to the originals but I had a good time.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Great last minute OT, talk about a turnabout...

and athena cykes, I guess
Such an odd choice to throw a 3rd attorney into the mix, had she debuted on her own she might have been pretty decent(even if Mood Matrix is the worst). Very overstuffed as a result. And the worst sin of all is that Trucy didn't get to play courtroom assistant more.

Rexskel

Aug 27, 2021
Big advice: For Dual Destinies, play the DLC case right after the second case, it works way better that way.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The Dark Age of the Law subplot will never make any sense.

Nor will trying to make sense of Apollo's backstory.

All three of the post-Phoenix trilogy games have their moments, but the overarching storyline and ESPECIALLY the Dark Age of the Law are just so baffling that it still hurts my head to think about them.

Apollo's backstory literally feeling like an improv comedy show that got away from the actors and they have no idea how to wrap it up so they just keep flailing until someone calls lights out still makes me laugh, though.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Super excited for this to come out, and finally have a chance to play Spirit of Justice.

I liked Apollo Justice and dual destines just fine but man I'm sad Phoenix didn't stay in the 4-D chess hobo mentor mode.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ace Attorney 5 has been my most wanted physical game of all time. I've wanted years and years for this moment. Wow.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I also wonder if there will be something similar to DGS Hack Fix for this game, given the details from the Digital Foundry video.

Also found this (https://github.com/niltwill/capcom-mods) which I might use if/when I plan to replay Ghost Trick or Ace Attorney trilogy. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before that page gets updated for this trilogy too.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017

Turom

Apr 14, 2021
France
My Japanese Switch copy has shipped, will post when I have a pic of the 3 games together! Can't wait..

noffles

Nov 10, 2017
not buying the trilogy, but i'm v excited for anyone that's jumping into AA4-6 for the first time

Nov 14, 2017
I also wonder if there will be something similar to DGS Hack Fix for this game, given the details from the Digital Foundry video.

Also found this (https://github.com/niltwill/capcom-mods) which I might use if/when I plan to replay Ghost Trick or Ace Attorney trilogy. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before that page gets updated for this trilogy too.
I'm crossing my fingers that this trilogy is more moddable than the first. It'd be nice to make some changes to the BGM in AJ so that Cornered actually plays more often than the default.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't really like the Mood Matrix but I was a big fan of Athena.
Under different circumstances I might have liked her a lot more, she's not outright bad, but with what we got she was the weaker of two unnecessary lead characters. Apollo getting sidelined for Phoenix's return was bad enough but then they bizarrely threw in a whole new third attorney.

Very much hoping AA7 is a clean slate for the series with a female lead, but personally I've no interest that person being Athena, or seeing more of her. Feels like it would be way better to start fresh with a new lead and all new supporting cast developed together as a part of a larger narrative rather than try and salvage her character and cobble something together again like they did with Apollo.

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-ordered even though I never finished playing through the original trilogy on Steam. Haven't completed any of these games since the DS days.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this will be successful and Capcom lets us know AA7 is alive.
Can't say I'm a big fan of DD and SoJ, they are definitely the lows of the AA franchise but I hope everyone new to them enjoys (well a low for AA is still good)

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Do you think if THIS collection does well we can finally get AA7 Capcom? 😭

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Look, I'll give AA5 one thing. It does a good job copping off of Danganronpa's case summary mechanic and gave us this bop
I do kind of hope AA7 cribs from Danganronpa's debate mechanics more. Most of DR's more interesting ideas (like being able to lie) don't fit in Ace Attorney, but even simple things like being able to use evidence to support a person's statement rather than contradict it would help a lot. It always feels weird in AA when you cross-examine your own client and have to prove them wrong.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I do kind of hope AA7 cribs from Danganronpa's debate mechanics more. Most of DR's more interesting ideas (like being able to lie) don't fit in Ace Attorney, but even simple things like being able to use evidence to support a person's statement rather than contradict it would help a lot. It always feels weird in AA when you cross-examine your own client and have to prove them wrong.
It comes down to the core tenant and gameplay imperative of AA being uncovering the truth through revealing contradictions. That's the driving principle behind all of its gameplay and core messaging. That even innocent people have a biased view of events and can be wrong and only by exposing those contradictions can we arrive at the real truth of what happened. You're defending and supporting your client's innocence by uncovering that truth.

They could certainly evolve things to include that, but the series generally has been laser focused on exposing the contradictions in others through evidence and then supporting your own assertions through evidence and not really mixing the two. Keeping in line with that they could kind of go about it in a roundabout way by having the Prosecutor play more of an adversarial role in cross examinations by presenting their own evidence or assertions more often to the witness's testimony that we then have to use evidence to reveal the contradiction in their statement, not just the witness's, thereby supporting the witness's original statement.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
All three of the post-Phoenix trilogy games have their moments, but the overarching storyline and ESPECIALLY the Dark Age of the Law are just so baffling that it still hurts my head to think about them.

Apollo's backstory literally feeling like an improv comedy show that got away from the actors and they have no idea how to wrap it up so they just keep flailing until someone calls lights out still makes me laugh, though.

My man got 3 goddamn backstories and somehow we never tied up the loose ends of the one he started with

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Look, I'll give AA5 one thing. It does a good job copping off of Danganronpa's case summary mechanic and gave us this bop

View: https://youtu.be/-jiBeQctWa8

It also has a banging Pursuit theme! The best of the three, for me (though AA4's is close).

youtu.be

Dual Destinies OST: 1-11 Pursuit ~ Keep Pressing On

Music from the official soundtrack to Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies. Support the game when it releases on the Nintendo eShop on October 24th...

Edit: I see people dunking on The Dark Age of the Law.

YES. THANK YOU. It means NOTHING in 5.

AA4 IS the "dark age of the law" without everyone walking around and proclaiming it. All your clients are criminals to some extent (just not murderers), Phoenix is disbarred and using actual fake evidence, a prominent defence attorney is accused of multiple murders. And to solve it, Phoenix has worked towards giving justice to the people and creating a jury, and the first jury trial is successful. It's GREAT.

A follow up to this would be fostering the fledgling jury system, dealing with people trying to fuck with it, etc. and coming out the other side with a solid jury system at the end.

Whew.

Honestly though, I love Polly, despite his backstory bonanza. He's a cool dude.

Last edited:

Ssyem

Banned
Mar 15, 2022
AA4 looks gorgeous in this. I'd like them to go back to sprites in the future, the models lose something.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
IN JUSTICE WE TRUST

AA4 looks gorgeous in this. I'd like them to go back to sprites in the future, the models lose something.
I love Great Ace's models since the vast majority of them were motion capture by a stage actor, so it was very natural and organic

5/6 always felt that they were trying to capture the energy of the sprites with their exaggerated animations, which made them very cartoony. I enjoyed them a lot but it doesn't do the games any favors regarding critiques of having a generally "goofier" tone. I'll always prefer the more subdued energy of GAA's. Naruhodo's pacing animation while deep in thought sent me into orbit

Last edited:

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The biggest crime perpetrated in all of AA5/6 is the fact that we didn't get more Trucy. Her and Apollo's dynamic, and her and Phoenix is just the best. Top tier assistant and magician.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Apollo Justice is secretly the best of all AA.
The biggest crime perpetrated in all of AA5/6 is the fact that we didn't get more Trucy. Her and Apollo's dynamic, and her and Phoenix is just the best. Top tier assistant and magician.
Probably because people hated Trucy in AJ. I'm with you, I actually enjoyed them more than Phoenix/Maya.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017

YES. I honestly love Truce, she's so sweet. And her and Phoenix's relationship is great.

A new generation shall meet the biggest jerk in history!

Nahyuta? Lol.

I like Nahyuta, I don't even care that he's a huge jerk lol. He's PRETTY and his animations are fun.