• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I beat AA4 and am moving onto AA5. I'm remembering how much the visuals feel like New Super Mario Bros to me but I'll power through it. : (

Oct 31, 2017
lol at the meltdown in 5-3

Also
it looks like the next case is all in the courtroom. I do enjoy those, especially to change things up. I quite enjoyed 3–4 as an example, especially the ending to that one. And I also like the only courtroom part of 4–4.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I just learned that Trucy and Apollo are half-siblings, It only took me over a decade.

That's what I get for skipping entries I guess 🤷‍♂️.

Spagward

Apr 24, 2024
Just finished a replay of 6 and it remains the most mixed I feel about an AA game. Out of the three in this package I feel it is the closest to achieving greatness, but it fumbles too much towards the end to get there.

SpiritDusk

May 5, 2024
Just finished a replay of 6 and it remains the most mixed I feel about an AA game. Out of the three in this package I feel it is the closest to grasping greatness, but it fumbles too much towards the end to get there.

The second case of Spirit of Justice in particular feels like peak Ace Attorney. One of my favourites. But you're right, an overall mixed bag.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I'd see the day but I'm kind of coming around on Dual Destinies. It's amazing what several years (and replaying the Investigations games immediately prior) can do for my opinion of a game

Oct 31, 2017
I never thought I'd see the day but I'm kind of coming around on Dual Destinies. It's amazing what several years (and replaying the Investigations games immediately prior) can do for my opinion of a game

It's my first time going through the game. We started 5-4 yesterday and already did the bonus case, but I've enjoyed it! I think it'll be easier for me to assess it once I go through SoJ, though.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any web site I can visit to read a summary of just the story in a case? IE killer rationales, motivations, explanations, etc.?

The reason I ask is because I just finished 5-2, Monstrous Turnabout, and one thing confused me:

Who was being blackmailed by L'Belle, and whose wife was in the hospital? The alderman or Mayor Tenma?

But also, in general I want to read about the potential Nine-Tails Vale and Tenma Town merger to make sure I didn't misunderstand any details.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any web site I can visit to read a summary of just the story in a case? IE killer rationales, motivations, explanations, etc.?

The reason I ask is because I just finished 5-2, Monstrous Turnabout, and one thing confused me:

Who was being blackmailed by L'Belle, and whose wife was in the hospital? The alderman or Mayor Tenma?

But also, in general I want to read about the potential Nine-Tails Vale and Tenma Town merger to make sure I didn't misunderstand any details.
The Strategy Wiki has a "what really happened" section at the end of every trial.

Florent L'Belle worked as Mayor Damian Tenma's aide, and also had his own line of beauty products. Due to his extreme narcissism, he advertised his products, but refused to actually sell them to the public. This left him in huge debt with no means of repaying. After threatening Alderman Rex Kyubi through his hospitalized wife, he found out about the true nature of the yokai "Tenma Taro". It was actually a golden ingot inside the Forbidden Chamber that could very easily free him of his debts. L'Belle started anonymously blackmailing Mayor Tenma, coercing him into pushing a municipal merger between Tenma Town and Nine-Tails Vale. His daughter Jinxie Tenma's life would be in danger if he refused, so he pushed for the merger. Eventually, Mayor Tenma created a secret identity: The Amazing Nine-Tails in order to battle L'Belle's merger without risking Jinxie's life.

L'Belle started formulating a plan to speed up the merger and get to the gold faster: Alderman Kyubi and Mayor Tenma would have a meeting in the Fox Chamber, and there, he would kill the alderman and pin it on Tenma. Following the guilty sentence, he would expose the Amazing Nine-Tails's identity and crush any opposition against the merger.

On the day of that meeting, L'Belle brought coffee laced with sleeping pills to the Fox Chamber. The two men let him in as L'Belle gave them their coffee. Shortly afterwards, both men fell asleep from drinking it. L'Belle then proceeded lock the room from the inside and stab Kyubi on the chest with a spear, killing him. After that, he moved Tenma inside the Forbidden Chamber.

Meanwhile, the mansion caretaker Phineas Filch was watching a wrestling match on TV, but got bored. He then disguised himself as Tenma Taro and entered the Forbidden Chamber through an air vent, attempting to steal the gold. (Which was actually stolen by his grandfather long before.) He dropped a L'Belle brand hand cream in the process.

L'Belle disguised himself as Tenma and put on the Amazing Nine-Tails's mask, letting out a scream to attract Jinxie to the scene. There, he "confessed" to killing the alderman, leading Jinxie to believe it was her father that confessed. After Jinxie left, L'Belle opened the Forbidden Chamber, startling Filch, who ran away into the corridor. (Leaving bloody prints and feathers, and scaring Jinxie in the process.) He later disposed of the costume through an open window, which was mistaken for a real flying Tenma Taro.

L'Belle then took Tenma out of the Forbidden Chamber and planted his fingerprints on the spear. As Tenma was regaining his consciousness, he swallowed the forbidden chamber key from L'Belle, but was then knocked out from a blow to the head from a statue that was meant to represent the merger. Finally, he removed the disguise and threw the Amazing Nine-Tails Mask out a window, not noticing one of his hair getting stuck on the mask, which would later turn out to be his downfall.

Hope that answers your questions.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
The Strategy Wiki has a "what really happened" section at the end of every trial.

Florent L'Belle worked as Mayor Damian Tenma's aide, and also had his own line of beauty products. Due to his extreme narcissism, he advertised his products, but refused to actually sell them to the public. This left him in huge debt with no means of repaying. After threatening Alderman Rex Kyubi through his hospitalized wife, he found out about the true nature of the yokai "Tenma Taro". It was actually a golden ingot inside the Forbidden Chamber that could very easily free him of his debts. L'Belle started anonymously blackmailing Mayor Tenma, coercing him into pushing a municipal merger between Tenma Town and Nine-Tails Vale. His daughter Jinxie Tenma's life would be in danger if he refused, so he pushed for the merger. Eventually, Mayor Tenma created a secret identity: The Amazing Nine-Tails in order to battle L'Belle's merger without risking Jinxie's life.

L'Belle started formulating a plan to speed up the merger and get to the gold faster: Alderman Kyubi and Mayor Tenma would have a meeting in the Fox Chamber, and there, he would kill the alderman and pin it on Tenma. Following the guilty sentence, he would expose the Amazing Nine-Tails's identity and crush any opposition against the merger.

On the day of that meeting, L'Belle brought coffee laced with sleeping pills to the Fox Chamber. The two men let him in as L'Belle gave them their coffee. Shortly afterwards, both men fell asleep from drinking it. L'Belle then proceeded lock the room from the inside and stab Kyubi on the chest with a spear, killing him. After that, he moved Tenma inside the Forbidden Chamber.

Meanwhile, the mansion caretaker Phineas Filch was watching a wrestling match on TV, but got bored. He then disguised himself as Tenma Taro and entered the Forbidden Chamber through an air vent, attempting to steal the gold. (Which was actually stolen by his grandfather long before.) He dropped a L'Belle brand hand cream in the process.

L'Belle disguised himself as Tenma and put on the Amazing Nine-Tails's mask, letting out a scream to attract Jinxie to the scene. There, he "confessed" to killing the alderman, leading Jinxie to believe it was her father that confessed. After Jinxie left, L'Belle opened the Forbidden Chamber, startling Filch, who ran away into the corridor. (Leaving bloody prints and feathers, and scaring Jinxie in the process.) He later disposed of the costume through an open window, which was mistaken for a real flying Tenma Taro.

L'Belle then took Tenma out of the Forbidden Chamber and planted his fingerprints on the spear. As Tenma was regaining his consciousness, he swallowed the forbidden chamber key from L'Belle, but was then knocked out from a blow to the head from a statue that was meant to represent the merger. Finally, he removed the disguise and threw the Amazing Nine-Tails Mask out a window, not noticing one of his hair getting stuck on the mask, which would later turn out to be his downfall.

Hope that answers your questions.

Yes that answers my questions. Thanks for the resource! I'll use that for further cases if needed.