• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying @ launch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,570 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1,830 53.8%

• Total voters

Aranath

Jan 15, 2018
I'm tempted to wait to play it on PC but I'm worried I'm going to have the story spoiled before then. Not to mention, I'll be pretty miffed if I end up waiting and it releases on the damn Epic Games Store.

So I'll probably just grab it and play it on the Pro, provided performance is decent. If it's anything like Horizon, I'm good to go.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, day one. I keep telling myself if I can make it through RDR2 I can make it through anything.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Probably not, but i will keep an eye glued on the OT.
The reason why i just bought the Switcher and LM3, plus i most likely will buy SW Falling Order on launch. Oh and Battlefield V being hot after the latest update.

My Name is John Marston

Alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want to buy it day one but I'm playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC and will sink hundreds of hours into Planet Zoo after that.

I'm so excited for Death Stranding though. Maybe I'll wait for the PC version instead.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
No. The review impressions of the boss encounters seemed to suggest they are mediocre, and I think I need those to be good to punctuate exploring the barren landscapes.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot i had this on pre-order, Amazon updated me last night and i quickly cancelled. The reviews whilst good, highlighted this is not a game i have time to play. I dont want to spend hours doing fetch quests, no matter how much i love Kojima, the game seems to celebrate tedium and thats not something i want to pay for. Find the whole thing unacceptable to be honest.

I think the gamers are going to turn on Kojima next week. Hold on to your butts.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
No. The review impressions of the boss encounters seemed to suggest they are mediocre, and I think I need those to be good to punctuate exploring the barren landscapes.

Apparently they can look spectacular though. At least for me, that has always been super important in boss battles. This was something sorely lacking for instance in some of the God of War boss battles. there was a couple of great ones, but tons of ogres.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Think I want to wait for the PC version and then on sale, though can't decide atm. Do want to see if some of the beyond chapter 3 stuff makes it more interesting first.

Likely will wait for Black Friday and hope for an okay sale in the UK.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
No. From everything I've read, the story doesn't make this. The gameplay doesn't compel me to pick it up at full price, either.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Not surprised by the poll split. I think people are starting to finally wisen up to Kojimas pretentious ego filled self on full display.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Kinda worthless poll without having options for clarifying if you ever had intentions of purchasing it. Every videogame in existence is not purchased by the majority of gamers.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to hold off, but now I feel like I could use some of that Kojima madness. Just pre-ordered last night.

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
After the divisive review thread and all the hub-bub about the game, I am definitely getting it Day one.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah. The game seems even MORE up my alley after the reviews dropped. I don't really expect to finish it or it to hold my attention more than 20-30 hours... but that's par for the course when gaming with adhd lmao.

Very much looking forward to launch day. I took next Monday off from work just to binge.

OP
OP

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
My update is I'm not getting it at all. Don't have 60 hours to walk around like a drunk idiot. Did it once in manual Samuel for 5 hours and by hour 1 it got old

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be at least a year before I buy it, probably even longer before I play it.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah. The game seems even MORE up my alley after the reviews dropped. I don't really expect to finish it or it to hold my attention more than 20-30 hours... but that's par for the course when gaming with adhd lmao.

Very much looking forward to launch day. I took next Monday off from work just to binge.
This is me. This was my most anticipated game since announcement but all the negative comments after reviews hit threw me off. But after reading some more I can't wait to see it for myself. I'll probably won't finish it (60h is too much for me) but I'll go as far as I can!

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Probably, yeah. I watch and listen to damn near everything Giantbomb does but it's not like I tend to agree with them on games 100% of the time. Or even 20% of the time. I mean several members of the staff have repeatedly said that they think the concept of encumbrance/equip load management has no place in games period. So I had no expectation that they'd like Death Stranding.

Meanwhile if someone like Rob Zacny is into it then my ears tend to perk up a bit more, even if I usually barely pay attention to Waypoint (or whatever they are now). Besides, I'd already seen enough from the gameplay they showed a while back, seems quite up my alley.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I go back and forth on my level of interest but I think now that it would be wasteful for me to buy it at launch when I don't expect it to enrich my life right now. I'll finish Luigi's Mansion 3 first and see if I still want it