• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying @ launch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,570 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 1,830 53.8%

• Total voters

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
No fucking way. I always played MGS for the great stealth gameplay.

This seems like a game made for people who want to be able to watch a TV show on their second screen while playing.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I may pick it up this weekend, maaaaybe. This type of game seems like it will be best experienced when everyone else is also playing.

We'll see how much the internet blows up over it once it is finally in the wild.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Changed my mind. I will buy it at launch on PC. As much as I'd like it on PS4, seeing the engine run (hopefully) good on the computer will be amazing. Plus I got shit like gsync. Futureproofing and whatnot.

I will be following it though, through its launch Friday.

May 24, 2019
my brother-in-law isn't going to play it straight away, so i'm going to pick up his preorder tomorrow. looking forward!

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely sold on it. The package delivery and balancing gameplay seems too stressful. Maybe early next year when I have finished more of my backlog.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Prpbably never getting it. Kojima's writing is terrible, and not in the good cheesy way that RE4 is. He usually has solid gameplay with some unique features/boss fights but from what I have heard from even the positive reviews the combat/boss fights are a low point of the game. I would have to really gel with the gameplay loop of delivering packages to enjoy this, but given it's a 40+ hour game it likely out stays it's welcome.

If it comes to GamePass I might try it.

TheLoCoRaven

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
I'm not 100% sold on it, but I preordered it anyway. I'm up for a weird experience and the $60 isn't a big deal to me atm.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I will be. I don't think I'm going to play it right away, but everything about it has sold me.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I was going to skip it for now but after looking at some of the more positive reviews and how long it's been since I played a new game form Kojima I am getting it.

Hoping I'll fall on the side that enjoys playing it. I like weird stuff.

strotee

Aug 9, 2018
This was a year that was light on new games (just Days Gone, and now Death Stranding), so I figured 'why not?' and pre-ordered earlier tonight.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I don't think it's really my thing, and I have about 5 other games in the queue, so I will wait for a sale.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I'm so torn. I'm sold on it despite all the weird/negative stuff, but we recently had a baby, so I obviously can't dedicate as much time to games.

Pros:
- Relatively quiet, slow-paced game that lets me listen out for crying in the night.
- Engaging single-player experience that lets me pause any time (no flaking on friends playing Apex, etc.)
- Might be nice and relaxing to play in bed with Vita remote play and sleeping baby next to me.

Cons:
- Less time and attention to commit to a big game like this in general.
- Portrayal of BBs/still mothers may negatively affect the experience.
- Might be strange and uncomfortable to play in bed with Vita remote play and sleeping baby next to me. (Also L2/R2 on Vita is not fun)

Last edited:

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
I pre-ordered the steelbook version long ago and made it till now pretty spoiler-free, watched maybe 5 min of gameplay. I probably won't have a lot of time to play now but still, I'm sure the game is great.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not planning to, but hope to play it one of these days. I've listed to a bunch of reviews and impressions of the game over the past few days, and honestly still can't tell if this will be a game that I get truly engrossed in, or bounce off of in a few hours. So it seems like something I'm probably better off waiting to buy on sale at some point. I'm also currently in the middle of a few games in my backlog, so I don't really have time to give this game a fair shake right now regardless. Perhaps in a few months.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
This is one of those "it will sell so well that I can get it for $20 in a handful of months" games for me. Also it releasing so close to Pokemon makes it a pass sadly.

Honestly though... Kojima's games are kinda too decisive even for me. I love MGS 1-3 and Zone of the Enders 1 and 2, but man MGS 4 & 5 left such a bad taste in my mouth for various reasons, I just can't trust the guy. DS in particular has not sold me on anything in its promo material and I feel like they were leaning too hard on "common! Kojima is back baby!!!" and not "hey we made an awesome game, look at how cool it will be!"

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I've been pretty negative of this game from what I've seen so far, but watching this guy stream has only made my opinion lower. This is prequel levels of 'put a fucking leash on your creator'. I might get it on PC for screenshots because the game looks phenomenal.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I want to see what the fuck DS is.

I don't want to know badly enough to spend $60, especially since copies will be easy to come by in a month.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot that I pre red red this and it shipped. I'll read feedback but since I'm out of town this weekend and next weekend is Jedi and Pokemon, I most likely will return it.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Nah. I just got back from Disneyland. I had a terrible migraine yesterday which led to a rough night. Oh how I wanted to skip today's trip, but plans were set. I'm dead tired now, I might have the flu or a cold (too early to tell), and I've got a long one tomorrow. There will be no games this weekend, just pain.

As much as I'd like to try out DS, looks like the timing didn't work out for me. Maybe Black Friday or maybe full on pass. Well... zzzzz.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I wasn't planning to, but the extremely high and low reviews of the game has got me intrigued. I just got a new C9 too because of that thread and I might just pick this up to put that TV through its paces.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I have no time now, but otherwise yes.
Looks very interesting as a concept to me, and I like in general Kojima games (only MGSV was a bit of a letdown for me...)

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not after reading the reviews. I'm not playing a game to get bored just so when something else happens it feels extra special. Plus, the stealth/combat/boss battles all sound very subpar. I'll eventually try it when it comes out on Steam in 2020 (I assume it will be an EGS exclusive next summer).

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
It's a Hideo Kojima's brand new game, it's a Kojima game, it's an exclusive game(console), so yeah day one.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Took the day off and I'm going to pick it up early in the morning. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I'm up for a weird thing to tide me over until Pokemon releases next week.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
Pre-ordered last week. To hell with the reviews. It will be an interesting experience one way or the other.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ended up canceling my 3 year old pre-order after watching the Tim Rogers review.

Maybe I'll get it on a sale or something but I'm not really in a mood to play something like this right now.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, this will flood second hand market instantly and gonna grab it for cheap in two weeks or so.
Sounds weird and interesting but also like a chore to play.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I was constantly bouncing between yes and no, but I've decided no after some more impressions came in. It's an interesting game for sure, just not 70 euro interesting. I'll get it when it's on sale or worst case, when it comes on PC.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cancelling my pre order tomorrow, I saw 2-3 hours of twitch streams today morning and it really turned me off, a lot of cut scenes and none of the actual game play looked like something I wanna do right now. Its the collectors edition too and I'm having massive buyers remorse about owning a baby in a container collectible, its the kind of thing edgy 20 year old me would have laughed hysterically about but older me values desk real estate more.

I'm sure i'll play sometime in 2020 but no real interest in it now, deep in The Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3 and I am really looking forward to the new Star Wars game next week and I really want to get to Disco Elysium before the year ends

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Not at launch but I will likely pick it up after the quarter finishes up so I actually have the time for a lengthy game.

Impressions have me a tad concerned if this is for me or not though. I'm down for weird and different stuff however so I'll give it a shot.

DJtal

Oct 30, 2017
Capetown / South Africa
For 5 hrs straight I have watched my friend play it... Glad I was cooking and working at the same time. I stand corrected, this game will hit the second hand bin more than you expect.

He liked the social aspect of the game thought, create stuff for other. Till he said people can be assholes, they might mislead you or steal metals and stuff. Told him knowing the unpredictable nature of internet the game was primarily built to function without it.

Basically the novelty wear off very quick.

Niaboc

Nov 2, 2017
Maybe if it launched to game pass i'd try it but fuck man... 50 hours of fetch quests while manually balancing and being force-fed monster energy drink adverts? not a chance

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Canadian here: ordered mine on June 10, 2017 for CAD $50 + tax. Suffice it to say I dont see the price dropping from the now standard cad $80 + tax to what I'm paying in the few months.