• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
México
I purchased my Nintendo Switch on release date, almost two years ago. I purchased the gray version because it looked plain and simple, without distractions.

Now, since release date, I didn't see a Neon Switch (cyan/red) until last week. A friend of my little nephew brought his Neon Switch, and wow. The colors look absolutely gorgeous in person.

Do not make the same mistake I did. The gray color is the commoner peasant one. Get the superior neon one.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
You have it backwards OP, grey is for superior specimens. Blue/Red is for peasants who can't afford to match.

If you really want to be cool get blue/blue or red/red.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The grey ones are the best though??? It's sleek as hell while the neon colours make the Switch look like a fisher price toy.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I'm good with my game system not looking like a toy. I wanna look manly with that switch in my hands.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I agree but the Odyssey red Switch is still the best so far. But I guess you can't buy those anymore?

Oct 26, 2017
When I bought mine on Black Friday, I was in line with a bunch of people. I ended up talking with the woman behind me and learned that she was buying one for her kids for Christmas. When the time came and I could choose a colour, there was only one neon Switch left. I asked if that's the one her kids would want, and she said yeah. Being the stereotypical Canadian I am, I left it for her.

Remember my sacrifice, Era. :'(

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
You foolish, simple minded mortals. Custom joy-cons is next to godliness.

il_fullxfull.1426149105_suaq.jpg

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread thinking you were gonna say something like "an upgrade is coming soon, so wait", so I'd have a reason not to buy one in a couple of days

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
OP is 💯 percent correct, do not be a fool as he was.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Grey is wack as fuck

The Switch itself isn't even grey so it still mismatches
The neon colors are sick

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting on Ice Blue joycons to return ala Ice Blue GameBoy Pocket, AKA the greatest color Nintendo had ever released

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I have like 6 of the colors lol I need help. Walmart having green and pink combo for like 20 bucks def was amazing

May 18, 2018
I like having my Switch match my life: black and boring with waaaay too much going on inside that I want no one to see.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Mismatched joycon colours...

giphy.gif

When I bought mine on Black Friday, I was in line with a bunch of people. I ended up talking with the woman behind me and learned that she was buying one for her kids for Christmas. When the time came and I could choose a colour, there was only one neon Switch left. I asked if that's the one her kids would want, and she said yeah. Being the stereotypical Canadian I am, I left it for her.

Remember my sacrifice, Era. :'(
tenor.gif

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, my Switch dock on my living room mantle, I can't have some wacky ass neon colors there when its docked. I got neon because it was the only one available but traded with a friend to get gray instead.