• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Injustice45

Oct 29, 2017
When I worked at a daycare, the kids really liked the neon Joy-Cons, with some having a preference for the red Joy-Con, for example. I love the neon colors! They make the Switch pop out. Gotta put the "joy" in "Joy-Con" somewhere, guys. I mean, just look at 'em!

44288117_1641256319507179_3335819566042799274_n.jpg

They're beautiful! Although the grey does look pretty sleek, I think it's kind of boring. But, to each their own.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I have a PSA too.

Test that all of the buttons work the day you get it.

It wasn't until I tried to play Dark Souls, that I found out that my left analog stick doesn't click in. So, I can't play with lock-on unless I use a pro-controller.

Unfortunately I didn't recognise this until 6 months after I bought the Switch. Most games don't use the L3/R3 style buttons and I was just playing Mario Kart and Smash before Dark Souls.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I have a PSA too.

It wasn't until I tried to play Dark Souls, that I found out that my left analog stick doesn't click in. So, I can't play with lock-on unless I use a pro-controller.

Unfortunately I didn't recognise this until 6 months after I bought the Switch. Most games don't use the L3/R3 style buttons and I was just playing Mario Kart and Smash before Dark Souls.

The Switch comes with a 1-year warranty. Call up Nintendo and they'll replace it for you.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a PSA too.

If your warranty is out:

I used this video to replace my sticks and it's honestly not hard nor expensive, and it's a bit fun. I think it's like $5-$10 for a new stick.

evilromero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even sure what color Switch I got. It's been in my entertainment cabinet in docked mode since I brought it home.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Went neon, thought they were gdlk

Grabbed the JP import Splatoon colors and those were even better. Have some color in your life you primer gray-ass yorha bunker 40's cartoon-looking motherfuckers

Kovacs

Oct 27, 2017
You know how you always had that 3rd party controller that you gave to your friends to use? Well that's the exact role my original grey joycons have. I wanted to be sensible in choosing grey, but the Switch is such a cheerful console that the second I saw the neons in person I knew I screwed up.

But I didn't feel too bad as I'm not a big fan of asymmetry. Or the colour red. Or spending the best part of £70 on a controller. ... and then they announced the yellow ones.

I still love the colour and you'll have to pry them out my my cold dead hands before I let someone else use them.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I rock a neon blue and gray, so I get both! I honestly love the combination. Not too flashy, but not boring either.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted a neon one but they were sold out. I ended up getting translucent purple shells for my Joycons after a few months though so I'm happy.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Neon looks childish but the grey of the switch joycons is the most boring colour on the face of the earth - so much so that it's offensive to my eyes. I'd rather take my chances with the childish option. After all, I plan on playing SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY on it. I couldn't take myself seriously if I was concerned with "looking adult enough" while playing my silly cartoon dinosaur game.

Jyester

Oct 27, 2017
Neon is nice if you're in middle school I guess.

To be honest, I don't get why Nintendo can't release some less epilepsy-inducing combinations. Only the red Joy Cons feel acceptable to play outside.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went with grey because I'm a grown adult.

Would make the same choice again if I needed to.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I thought this would be about something serious. I get wanting a specific colour and buyer's remorse, because I've had it for similar things, but it's not a huge deal.

I plan to get a Switch someday, but I'm in no rush because there aren't many games I want to play and I don't play games much anymore or like the portable aspect of it. It'd be docked all the time. But I have a gift card to GameStop and don't know how long they'll be around, so if they announce even an inkling of an intention to close I will be getting a Switch with my credit.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't matter what color you get since you'll have to use a custom shell for a decent dpad. I do have an extra pair of blue joycons. Love the color

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a PSA too.

You mean right analog?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
If you buy a neon one, hunt around and get the $35 shop credit.

Also my family has two of the neons, they are just so slick

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Now, I was only talking about consoles you can actually buy at stores right now. But if you want to mod your Joy-Cons, this is the correct answer:

IYHCTrN.jpg

Oh god, my eyes... Do people actually use the white theme (not talking about the joy cons, talking about on the screen)? It is awful and blinding. I often forget it exists until shots like this pop up. Why would anyone subject their eyes to this?

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Neon ones are boring. Grab the, as much as I hate to recommend it, Pokémon let's go ones. The game is average but the joy cons are the best ones visually for the switch imo.

I wish they sold it seperately.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
When I worked at a daycare, the kids really liked the neon Joy-Cons, with some having a preference for the red Joy-Con, for example. I love the neon colors! They make the Switch pop out. Gotta put the "joy" in "Joy-Con" somewhere, guys. I mean, just look at 'em!

44288117_1641256319507179_3335819566042799274_n.jpg

They're beautiful! Although the grey does look pretty sleek, I think it's kind of boring. But, to each their own.
i want the pink one so bad!

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
jUTdVQN.jpg

Wish I could make the right joycon match the hori more, but I ain't bout to butcher it and pay $50.