vixlar

Dec 5, 2017
Originally, I wanted the gray version. The neon is to kiddy for me, but... I realized the system can detect what color is each joycon, and in case of the gray version, both controllers have the same color, and I think is better to have easily distinct colors on the games for each controller. So I would grab a neon joycon switch (if I had de money u_u)

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got the gray one originally because I didn't like the red and blue mix. I'm still not a fan of the neon colors.

I am definitely thinking of getting a custom set of transparent joy-cons or something similar though.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Neon here.

And my other joycons are from the Mario Party bundle (neon green/yellow)
maxresdefault.jpg

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know anything of a possible new colorway btw? My neon ones are all kinds of wonky and i can't seem to fix them, and i might just get the Splatoon colored ones.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Or, just hope your joy cons work well without drift. So you don't have to buy new ones. Like I did. I've even had it serviced.

Then realized the new left neon red one and my old right grey one are the only ones that work well without drift. So that's what I rock.

In other news, I have a right neon blue and left grey joy con to sell, if anyone is interested. A low price of $20.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
When I got the system at launch I went with gray, then I saw someone with neon, got remorse and got a second neon set to go with it.

Ultimately, I think I like gray just a tad bit more, simply because it makes the screen pop more (especially if you play something like Splatoon).

However, I would absolutely advice people to buy neon, because the gray paint job gets undone by finger grease. Not as bad as the backside of the Switch (I really need to get a custom backplate because the normal backplate is just hideous now), but still.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Got the neon on launch day, always satisfied with my decision. The red and blue look wonderful.

When I bought mine on Black Friday, I was in line with a bunch of people. I ended up talking with the woman behind me and learned that she was buying one for her kids for Christmas. When the time came and I could choose a colour, there was only one neon Switch left. I asked if that's the one her kids would want, and she said yeah. Being the stereotypical Canadian I am, I left it for her.

Remember my sacrifice, Era. :'(

Should of heeled out and german suplexed her for the neon. Thats how we Americans do business.

Nov 1, 2017
The neon colors are the best but I swear the banana yellow ones (I think) that were out alongside Tropical Freeze are the ones I'd pick otherwise. The grey ones are fine I guess if you enjoy a medium amount of fun from playing electronic video games and don't want to look like you are interested in such simple pleasures.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Now, I was only talking about consoles you can actually buy at stores right now. But if you want to mod your Joy-Cons, this is the correct answer:

IYHCTrN.jpg

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I got the gray one when i got mine...and kinda regretted it after a few months. I bought some joycons with a purple clear case though, so now mine look even better than the neon ones.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
The guy in front of my in line on launch day got the last neon set....

I badly want some colorful joycons, but I can't justify it given the asking price and the fact that I don't play a lot of local multiplayer.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got the grey set, but I actually have a blue/red silicon over the joycons, mostly to make them bigger for my large hands and I prefer the colour.

I'm not interested in any colours until Nintendo make a set in the GameCube/GBA indigo colour. Come on, Nintendo.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Went with Neon on launch but both joycons have died. Rocking Pink and Green now.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I recently bit the bullet and picked up a Switch because they are putting $35 eShop cards in the boxes. I thought I would have the neon but it's kind of grown on me.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
#GreyGang
I don't know what to say, neon looks a bit silly to me. I'd take pure white Joycon but those don't exist yet.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm waiting for golden Joy-Cons before getting another pair. It will go great with the Hori Zelda D-pad left Joy-Con.

With Link's Awakening releasing this year here's hoping they release matching Joy-Cons alongside it.

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted Neon and couldn't find one on sale. So I bought the gray switch on sale, and bought two red joycons which were on sale (which i wanted anyways instead of the blue) and now I have my perfect Switch.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
a friend got the neon color console too and wow.. the images i saw online look nothing like the real thing. it looks so much better

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I much prefer the understated grey joycons, the neon joycons would look silly in my gaming/entertainment set up.

But I do agree that the Neon joycons look nicer in person.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the grey Switch at launch. Didn't think I'd like the Red/Blue ones.

Last year, I got the watermelon joycons and they're perfection.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I was determined to get grey, then I realized that I wasn't a joyless little shit and decided to live a little. I'm very pleased by my decision.

Anyway, my go-to set is Neon Blue and Green. Slick as hell.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I got...both! I mean, you gotta have extra controllers for a second person (or 2 more people depending on the controls). Gray *and* neon.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I regretted my grey Switch the moment I saw my friend's Neon one in person. Regardless now I have dual green joycons so all's well in the world.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I both got our Switches at launch. Her's Neon, mine grey. I think I had regrets within two days lol.

Snagged the ARMS yellow ones on release and have been rocking those very since. Much better to add some color.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was convinced I was going to get the grey one for the longest time until there was a fantastic Cyber Monday deal on a neon Switch with Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids. I'm glad I was forced into it in the end. The neon one looks great in person.