Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I have owned both and I prefer the grey ones.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Both. I don't buy neon blue or wacky smartphone or tablet colors either. If the Switch had a model with black joy-cons I would've bought that one.

black-nintendo-switch-1600x811.png

You clean looking motherfucker you... Black needs to be the default.

Feb 13, 2019
Neon Switch looks like shit. I would disinherit my son and kick him out of my house if he would have chosen the neon one.

How can you even consider getting the neon Switch?

Also OP should be banned, because we all know this is frist class trolling, right?

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I kind of think I should have gone neon too. But I feel like being out in public like at an airport, the grey is better. Oh well, I have 2 extra sets now so I can do whatever.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I have launch day gray, neon red and blue, and Splatoon 2 green and pink Joy-Con sets. It's nice to have a formal Switch and a party Switch, but I like the pink-green combo best so far:

GAMNTD2119__3.jpg

That said, these are in the mail (along with a clear backplate), and I am pretty stoked:

DS-Zkv2WsAAtIfU.jpg

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I got the gray one :^S

I do think the neon look pretty vool but i didn't want to risk myself like when i bought the ugly aqua blue 3ds (i imagined a navy blue like the FE one)

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I did the same as you op. Still regret not buying the neon. Oh well, when the revision comes, and it if it comes with different colors. Ill pick up that one.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
The day after launch, I decided I wanted to buy a Switch. Took me till the end of March to finally find one in stock, and it was grey. While I had wanted a neon set, I couldn't wait any longer and decided to just buy the grey one that was available (it sold out just minutes after I placed my order, btw).

I ended up really liking the grey Joy-Cons because they make the system look more discrete when out in public (however little that matters now that the Switch is successful/well-known to the public).

That being said, I bought a pair of Mario Odyssey Red Joy-Cons from Amazon Japan back at Super Mario Odyssey's launch, and they look so gorgeous. They really pop under bright lighting.

Neon red/blue is still really fun, and I wouldn't mind owning a set (honestly, I'd love to own every set), but bottom line is that I wouldn't worry too much about the color that comes in the Switch's box. You can get new colors down the road.

Oct 26, 2017
I got the last neon Switch in stock when I visited the Nintendo store in NY. Don't know how I'd have been able to live with myself otherwise.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
Neons look nice at first, but eventually start to look like toys. Very Fisher Price.

Grey looks like a sleek piece of tech and is much better.

Source: bought neon at launch

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I have a red mario oddysey switch but my left thumbstick broke. I love the red but I may be getting the neon green and pink to match my skull & co. grip.

I want to get the pikachu and eevee ones if they were sold separately.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
My daughter has neon, my wife's is Grey, and mine is the Smash edition.

I prefer mine, but my wife's is second choice. The neon's a bit garish for my tastes. Great for kids though.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
If ever I see someone with the grey ones I just assume the store had run out of the proper neon ones.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Is there any controller with a good d-pad? I want to get a Switch for mainly games I would play with the d-pad but even the pro controller one looks horrible

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I originally wanted grey, but seeing the neon ones in person makes me see the appeal.

I got the Smash bundle though, so yeah.
And now I have the Hori D-pad (Zelda-style) on one site, so my Switch looks all kinds of wack at the moment.

Shin Kojima

Oct 27, 2017
I love the neons and got a yellow pair but I still prefer the grey for handheld mode for some games because the screen pops more.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Grey every time as mine spends most of it's time docked.

Personally I don't get the desire for these weird custom coloured consoles that people get. I like my home entertainment stuff to be of a similar look/colour if they're all going to be sat together.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Agreed!

There is too much black and grey in life anyway - so get some color!

I bought the neon one and it is absolutely awesome! The colors are really classy.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
If they Gray version didn't exist I would probably not even own the thing. Ugly as fuck neon....I also don't ever take it out of the dock so I prefer the flush colors with the dock next to all of my other systems.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, my Switch dock on my living room mantle, I can't have some wacky ass neon colors there when its docked. I got neon because it was the only one available but traded with a friend to get gray instead.

QUOTE="giraffereyn, post: 18385063, member: 52217"]This is so fucked up[/QUOTE]

How is it fucked up? Haha.
I must concur with my fellow Magnus. The bright colours look attractive in marketing but can't have that kind of colourful noise in my living room. I prefer my home to not look like an exploded playpen with random bright colours everywhere.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Aesthetically, the gray set will look good just about anywhere. It's nice.

However, the true choice is the Splatoon Neon Set (Green/Pink).

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
The grey ones look cheap, should've went with black. I have the red and blue ones which are a little childish but look okay.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Thought this thread would be about joy con issues lol

Either way keep your joy cons stored in an area without dust. X.x

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
You should, eventually, buy a second set of joycons anyways for 4-player-couch-coop capabilities

So just get whatever Switch you feel like and, as soon as you're tired of the way it looks, change it up with a new set of Joycons. Happy with my grey launch joycons, also happy with the red/blue set i purchased half a year later.

This is so fucked up

How is it fucked up? Haha.
I must concur with my fellow Magnus. The bright colours look attractive in marketing but can't have that kind of colourful noise in my living room. I prefer my home to not look like an exploded playpen with random bright colours everywhere.

my reason for getting the grey launch model as well. Neon stands out too much, especially since the Switch is a console that needs to be always accessible and thereby needs to be put at a relatively 'prominent' position on your TV furniture.

Last edited:

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
I got the Splatoon ones for MP but they're too similar to the red and blue .. wish I'd got the Arms ones instead ( even though nature abhors symmetry)

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Not looking for buying one but I did saw both life and I kinda liked the gray better.

When I bought mine on Black Friday, I was in line with a bunch of people. I ended up talking with the woman behind me and learned that she was buying one for her kids for Christmas. When the time came and I could choose a colour, there was only one neon Switch left. I asked if that's the one her kids would want, and she said yeah. Being the stereotypical Canadian I am, I left it for her.

Remember my sacrifice, Era. :'(

That was such a good move. I had a similar experience when I was a kid and another parent gave me the last copy of Sonic 2 when he was about to buy it and I still remember it to this day!

Last edited: