Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
yup, my bookdepository order shipped as well. probably three weeks to get here though, sigh.

now i've just a doublefine artbook on backorder and a devil may cry book amazon.au is desperately trying to get me to cancel

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Glad The Art of Street Fighter is getting reprinted. And in hardcover this time, no less. Definitely grabbing that.

I'm also curious about the Pac-Man book, will check it out.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
I can confirm the Control book shipping from Amazon as well.

I also finally got confirmation that the Star Wars Archives 2 is finally shipping this week. That's been a hell of a wait but worth it as it saved me a good 50 bucks by sticking with Amazon.

FYI, I also got the Immortals Fenyx Rising art book this week. I haven't had a chance to crack it open just yet but I'll post some impressions soon.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an antique/specialty bookshop in your area? Those are the only places I would imagine to be willing to pay in that range.

I think a FF box set would sell reasonably quickly in the B/S/T thread.
there's bookshops in my area that buy stuff i think but it's more novels and stuff rather than expensive books, BST thread is probably a waste of time since it's pretty much flooded by americans

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks. I went with the buy 5 get 5 deal.

Does Taschen not have a order page? I literally cant find anywhere on their site to check my order. Nuts if true.

Yup, there doesn't seem to be one. Was surprised as well. First time buying from them, though a friend did a few times before and didn't have any problems.

Me and two friends went in on the buy 5 get 5 deal for a total of 40 books, I got 17, plus I added the Star Wars Archives monster which comes in at a really solid price as well. Though the Bibliotheca series is quite a small format, but for the price it's not something to complain about. Cannot wait.

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time artbook a couple of days ago, and imo it further confirms that the artist over at Toys for Bob are a world-class bunch. The thought, effort, skill, and talent that these guys contributed to that game is nothing short of awesome and inspiring .
Like, one of the artist was out here doing some straight up speculative evolution work within his N. Oxide concept art, talk about going above and beyond lol.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking for the name of an artbook I saw at a bookstore in the late '90s. It had Sonic on the cover and I think it had a white background. Inside had pictures of Sega box art including Japanese Mega Drive games. The book was in English. Anyone know?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for the name of an artbook I saw at a bookstore in the late '90s. It had Sonic on the cover and I think it had a white background. Inside had pictures of Sega box art including Japanese Mega Drive games. The book was in English. Anyone know?
Was it this?

DSCF7282.jpg

Edit: holy crap, this thing is going for like $100+ for the Japanese version alone, English is like $150 or even $200+

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Control book today. It's fucking amazing. :O

It's also way bigger than I realized. Lots of cool info in there.

Plus got that new book smell to it.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently yea my Amazon pre-order of Control book is arriving tmrw. I completely forgot I even ordered it's been so long.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
To my surprise amazon also dropped my control art book off today and I can confirm from briefly flipping through, it is pretty amazing, it's even got some behind the scenes shots of the live action stuff!

Can't wait to dig into it cus it's there's tons of commentary in there too.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any Deus Ex Human Revolution/Mankind Divided artbooks and can comment on their quality?

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any Deus Ex Human Revolution/Mankind Divided artbooks and can comment on their quality?

Its a good very book. Everything is heavily commented. Its a joy to read about everything and anything, from main characters designs to gadgets or simple world objects. It's cool and slick, detailed, generous and heavily readable. It's pretty much how every artbook should be, imho.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Its a good very book. Everything is heavily commented. Its a joy to read about everything and anything, from main characters designs to gadgets or simple world objects. It's cool and slick, detailed, generous and heavily readable. It's pretty much how every artbook should be, imho.

sick as. is there anything about OG deus ex in there? Not that it was a huge looker but really interested to see how they got from DX to the intensely visionary style on DXHR

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Was that the one from Titan Books? I never got around to grabbing it.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
a bloo bloo bloo skelly by the time it gets here theyll have released control 2: back to the controlosphere

Schlafroq

Jul 6, 2020
Hey guys! I've been lurking this thread for quite some time now... and I finally decided that it's time for me to post something. I started buying gaming (art)books in early 2020 and this entire thread (and all of your collections) have been a huge inspiration. :) This is what I've gathered so far:

00vaPhV.jpg

I know it isn't that much, but hopefully 2021 is going to bring some more interesting titles. And I have a small question (since you guys probably have a better idea about it than I do): is there actually a chance for Dark Horse's "Uncharted Trilogy" artbook to ever get officially reprinted? I saw that it recently happened with TLOU I... so maybe there's a chance for this one to follow suit? :) I'm just not sure if I should be searching Ebay for a deal (the current prices are atrocious) or just patiently wait until it's back in stores.

OP
OP
UnluckyKate

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys! I've been lurking this thread for quite some time now... and I finally decided that it's time for me to post something. I started buying gaming (art)books in early 2020 and this entire thread (and all of your collections) have been a huge inspiration. :) This is what I've gathered so far:

00vaPhV.jpg

I know it isn't that much, but hopefully 2021 is going to bring some more interesting titles. And I have a small question (since you guys probably have a better idea about it than I do): is there actually a chance for Dark Horse's "Uncharted Trilogy" artbook to ever get officially reprinted? I saw that it recently happened with TLOU I... so maybe there's a chance for this one to follow suit? :) I'm just not sure if I should be searching Ebay for a deal (the current prices are atrocious) or just patiently wait until it's back in stores.

Superb collection, good to see dead cells here.

Hard to say about uncharted trilogy, best you can do is tweet them or mail them. Cost you nothing but a few seconds to ask.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017

00vaPhV.jpg

That's a nice selection. And the Alice book goes for a bit now.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019

00vaPhV.jpg

Awesome collection so far. Which one is your favourite? I'm a big fan of the Mario Odyssey one personally. Welcome to the thread!

Where/When did you get that Bioshock inifnite one? I've been watching it on ebay but its so damn expensive. Would you say its worth it to pay the extra on ebay?

Schlafroq

Jul 6, 2020
Awesome collection so far. Which one is your favourite? I'm a big fan of the Mario Odyssey one personally. Welcome to the thread!

Where/When did you get that Bioshock inifnite one? I've been watching it on ebay but its so damn expensive. Would you say its worth it to pay the extra on ebay?

My favourite is probably the BioShock Infinite one. I just love that game (and the entire franchise)... so I guess I'd say that it's worth paying a little bit extra to get it. The art itself is just gorgeous. :) And as to where & when I got mine - Ebay.de, around Februrary 2020, I found someone who was selling tons of various books (among other things). Bought Alice: Madness Returns and BioShock from them, I ended up paying around 80 EUR (~45 EUR for Alice, ~35 EUR for BioShock) including shipping - both of the books were brand new, so I suppose I got kind of lucky with that.

Hard to say about uncharted trilogy, best you can do is tweet them or mail them. Cost you nothing but a few seconds to ask.

Okay, thanks for the advice - I'm probably going to do just that. :)

Last edited:

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I used to buy strategy guides like crazy when I was younger.

I went to a local game store and saw a Vandal Hearts 2 guide. That would have been an insta buy for me a few years back, but the 15 dollars turned me off. It was a little worn, but still...my bookshelf is loaded with these things. Good times.

Moksha

Jan 29, 2019
Hi all! I wanted to know if anyone has ordered the Apex Legends: Pathfinders Quest book, it's releasing tomorrow I believe?? I'm very keen on picking it up and am curious to hear some impressions!

Also, for those that don't live in a European country with a dedicated amazon, is amazon.de the best to order from? The prices seem all over the place for this book. Book depository have it for 47 euros, amazon UK £25 and amazon de, 35 euros.