kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
I'm a huge Apex/Titanfall fan but I have no idea what the contents of this "lore book" is supposed to be. I can't find any preview pages anywhere.

Respawn's other two games I own artbooks for (TF2, Jedi Fallen Order) are pretty good though.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
I'm a huge Apex/Titanfall fan but I have no idea what the contents of this "lore book" is supposed to be. I can't find any preview pages anywhere.

Respawn's other two games I own artbooks for (TF2, Jedi Fallen Order) are pretty good though.
yep same, but i'm taking a punt as they're describing it as an art book.

i think i'll be nier automata world guide-esque disappointed but ah well.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
I used to buy strategy guides like crazy when I was younger.

I went to a local game store and saw a Vandal Hearts 2 guide. That would have been an insta buy for me a few years back, but the 15 dollars turned me off. It was a little worn, but still...my bookshelf is loaded with these things. Good times.

This thread definitely needs more strategy guide love! I don't want to steal the hype from everyone receiving their Control books, but we should post the strategy guide collections as well. I've recently been building out my office and thus empty bookshelf with these. Lots of gems to share.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
I've got both the deluxe and standard and honestly now that you can get the standard edition for $15, I don't think that a slipcase, a different cover and a print is worth the extra $50.
Yeah, I saw an unboxing and was kind of "that's it ?".

The thing is, that Amazon charges me u$s 22 for the shipment, making it almost u$s 40 in total. The DE is currently at u$s 50 (shipment included). So, maybe I buy that one.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
This thread definitely needs more strategy guide love! I don't want to steal the hype from everyone receiving their Control books, but we should post the strategy guide collections as well. I've recently been building out my office and thus empty bookshelf with these. Lots of gems to share.

20210201_160111.jpg

That's just the front of the shelf. Behind these are more. I need a second book shelf. lol

Nov 2, 2017
I used to collect these but I found that I was doing just that, collecting. I had hundreds and had many that I never looked at more than a few pages.
I got rid of 99% of them and everything else I "collected".

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Despite ordering as soon as it was announced, my Control art book has an estimated delivery date of early March, nearly a month after its supposed release date. Not very impressed with Amazon there, especially if people are already getting the book so stock is clearly available.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Despite ordering as soon as it was announced, my Control art book has an estimated delivery date of early March, nearly a month after its supposed release date. Not very impressed with Amazon there, especially if people are already getting the book so stock is clearly available.
whereabouts are you? i'm guessing the uk's stock has been impacted by brexit tbh.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
20210201_160111.jpg

That's just the front of the shelf. Behind these are more. I need a second book shelf. lol

You are a man of culture! They look to be in great shape too. Some are worth $100+ based on recent ebay checks.

How's the Radian Dawn guide? I want one to round out my collection but heard it was written pretty poorly.

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
My copy of the Control artbook just arrived and... woah. It's delightfully hefty, sturdy, brilliant at continuing the aesthetics of the game, and that's not even getting into the content! $40 for 400 pages, Jesus. I feel like I mugged Future Press.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
My copy of the Control artbook just arrived and... woah. It's delightfully hefty, sturdy, brilliant at continuing the aesthetics of the game, and that's not even getting into the content! $40 for 400 pages, Jesus. I feel like I mugged Future Press.
To be fair MSRP is like $60. What Amazon chooses to list at is their business.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
still waiting it to arrive at the bookdepo warehouse from which it will then get on a boat or plane or whatever to come to me, so... i'll say i'm gonna get it in april probably

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the activity in this thread. I don't think there's ever been a widely awaited release like Control in here before. Lots of new faces.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
its funny cos i didnt even really like the game that much. but it had such good vibes. (and by good i mean scary, terrifying, kept me up at night with gnawing existentialism/anxiety)

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
No movement on Control for me but I have been reading my copy of the Luna book that arrived this week. Perhaps the overall page size could be a smidge bigger, but the content within the book is fantastic. Goes step-by-step through the game offering explanation and sketches for the design process of developing the levels.
m1qYUge.jpg

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
+1 for the Deus Ex artbook being well worth a purchase if you liked those games at all. Amazon have moved the shipping date for my Control pre-order forward to the 10th, really looking forward to digging into it.

I managed to get the Cyberpunk 2077 artbook that was exclusive to the collector's edition as well (click images to enlarge, please excuse the poor quality).

20210202-130711.jpg

20210202-130946.jpg

20210202-131018.jpg

20210202-131148.jpg

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
You are a man of culture! They look to be in great shape too. Some are worth $100+ based on recent ebay checks.

How's the Radian Dawn guide? I want one to round out my collection but heard it was written pretty poorly.

It's not the best guide, but it does have lovely pictures within. It does have lil snippets for each character you can recruit which is nice. I do love me some RPG guides.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, Wordery has finally shipped my Control pre-order, wonder when it'll ge--

Your items should be with you within 103 to 117 working days.

And there's no tracking, apparently. God, I hope it actually makes it to Canada, I've never bought from these people before. Why the hell can't Future Press just... ship to Canada directly?

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
is it worth picking up? i have so far been banking on them doing a "complete edition" art book but don't want to miss out.

If you can manage to find it at a decent price, it's worth picking up. It doesn't greatly exceed what many other artbooks offer but it's solid enough and covers various parts of the game from the mood, districts, factions, as well as weapons and vehicles. I think some of the art can also be seen in the World of Cyberpunk 2077 book, but the difference here is the annotations being written from a design perspective rather than a lore one. It also has a characters section (where the Panam and Rogue photos above are from) that I really liked.

I don't believe the Witcher 2 and 3 art books that came with their respective CE's ended up seeing separate releases, so I wouldn't recommend holding off if you do see it for a reasonable price.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
+1 for the Deus Ex artbook being well worth a purchase if you liked those games at all. Amazon have moved the shipping date for my Control pre-order forward to the 10th, really looking forward to digging into it.

I managed to get the Cyberpunk 2077 artbook that was exclusive to the collector's edition as well (click images to enlarge, please excuse the poor quality).

20210202-130711.jpg

20210202-130946.jpg

20210202-131018.jpg

20210202-131148.jpg
I've seen some other snippets posted on twitter, looks like a solid book.

I really love the different early concept designs for characters. Some of them are quite different from what ended up in the final game.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I'm on the hunt for some older Art Books that have not been reprinted. These ones I am eyeing are of course fairly pricey on ebay, but which ones would everyone say here is worth it and a must have?

Okami: Complete Works
The Art of God of War 3
The Art of God of War Ascension
The Art of Gravity Daze
The Art of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I'm on the hunt for some older Art Books that have not been reprinted. These ones I am eyeing are of course fairly pricey on ebay, but which ones would everyone say here is worth it and a must have?

The Art of God of War 3
The Art of Gravity Daze

Okami was one of my first books when I started buying artbooks over 10 years ago and it's an absolute masterpiece. It's paperback/softcover, but it's filled to the brim with gorgeous artwork from a gorgeous game.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the DX opinions, i'm throwing it on the wishlist for after I deal with some money stuff

sidenote WTF did the $aus take a massive hit or something? Art of Fire Emblem on my wishlist is listed at $80 buckaroonies! I swear to god it was like $50 or so when I wishlisted it.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim

The Art of God of War 3
The Art of Gravity Daze
Uhhh, I want the Art of God of War 3 so bad! One of my few remaining wish list books. I should have pulled the trigger a couple of years ago when I saw a decent-ish looking copy for ~$100 (US) on ebay. I just couldn't stomach it at the time.

The Gravity Rush artbook is so lovely and the price isn't too crazy, yet. That'll change quickly if it truly is out of print. Since it's scrictly an import book, I'd say get that sooner rather than later.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh, I want the Art of God of War 3 so bad! One of my few remaining wish list books. I should have pulled the trigger a couple of years ago when I saw a decent-ish looking copy for ~$100 (US) on ebay. I just couldn't stomach it at the time.

The Gravity Rush artbook is so lovely and the price isn't too crazy, yet. That'll change quickly if it truly is out of print. Since it's scrictly an import book, I'd say get that sooner rather than later.
I've got a copy of the Art of God of War III that I've been thinking of getting rid of. It's a nice book, but God of War was never one of the franchises I was super-into.

Was the Gravity Daze book ever localized? Or is it a Japan-only book?

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I've got a copy of the Art of God of War III that I've been thinking of getting rid of. It's a nice book, but God of War was never one of the franchises I was super-into.

Was the Gravity Daze book ever localized? Or is it a Japan-only book?
Oh you'll find plenty of buyers if you ever decide to part with it. I did a quick ebay search and you really have to scroll now to find a listing that isn't for the short CE book.

The Gravity Daze artbook is indeed yet another artbook that's JP only. A translated hardcover copy would have been a dream; now it's more pipe dream, lol. *cries*

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Woo control artbook shipped... should be here in 2-3 weeks with any luck

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019

Good advice. Thank you!

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I have ordered the Banner Saga art book from the Stoic store, it's coming from the US so I just have to bide my patience for it.

Not many reviews for it but I absolutely adore the art style for the game and it was also really enjoyable game to play too.

stoic.store

The Art of The Banner Saga

The full trilogy physical art book, a beautiful hard-bound tome that will look fantastic on display in your longhouse. Your glorious descendants, and their descendants, and the further descendants thereof, will treasure this book for eons. Pages: 172Dimensions: 12.25" x 8.75" x 1"

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Long time lurker here. Here are my strategy guides/artbooks.
I'm tempted to pick up the Octopath Traveler guide. Anybody here owns it?
sv2Z5VT.jpg

uqhfRbF.jpg

kwzI2yn.jpg

L9Xsb14.jpg

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Long time lurker here. Here are my strategy guides/artbooks.
I'm tempted to pick up the Octopath Traveler guide. Anybody here owns it?
sv2Z5VT.jpg

uqhfRbF.jpg

kwzI2yn.jpg

L9Xsb14.jpg

Did you come round my house and take those last two photos here?
jk but I pretty much have the exact same layout for my Soulsborne guides and Third Edition books.

If you haven't got it, I highly recommend the Sekiro Third Edition book - made me go back and appreciate the game even more

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
I've only just seen the Control Art book pop up in my bubble. Fucking hell, it looks gorgeous and a must have for my collection!