• Total voters

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
What a waste of space to seed the open world with same boring and shitty activities. I played for 30 hours and i am burned out. If the next game doesnt improve on this aspect I am never buying AC again.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep reading this thread and man, can't wait to get it on sale later next month.

Keeping a tight budget because my wife and I are saving for an IVF, so gaming budget is a little tight. If RDR2 was out in November I would have gotten this already.

LOVED Origins, although I had real bad open world fatigue during it to the point where I get really annoyed at the subquest icons. Came to it later a week before Odyssey is out and enjoyed it immensely. Can't wait to see how the story goes in this one.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
Do people actually do forts or something ?

Well you search and look to see if question marks have anything interesting but 99 percent of the time its a cave, fort, undersea treasure or camp with same fucking copy and paste objectives. Previous AC were never anything close to this bloated and I was never burned out on them.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Well you search and look to see if question marks have anything interesting but 99 percent of the time its a cave, fort, undersea treasure or camp with same fucking copy and paste objectives. Previous AC were never anything close to this bloated and I was never burned out on them.
I'm really having fun with the game after 30 hours but you do have a point. I noticed it too, that many assets are copy-pasted.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I'd like to turn off mission icons and stuff but I feel like I cant play without the map.

The locations are too vast and confusing visually to play this without GPS help.

Or am I doing something wrong ?

Oct 25, 2017
100 hours in and the real ultimate villian finally got revealed.
It's people who post photos on top of fast travel points.

Aurelia Borel

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone find the Battle Cry of Ares ability to be pretty mediocre? Have it at max rank and it doesn't really feel like I'm doing +50% damage and the "enemy attacks are all non-lethal" seems misplaced since enemy attacks are still damn lethal. Unless it means you can't die with it active?

Yeah, it just means that nothing can kill you while the skill is active. You can still take damage.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I want the game + season pass, is the gold edition worthy? or should I aim for the deluxe one

Does the gold edition include everything from the deluxe?

Oct 25, 2017
Really thought I got the best ending for the Mykonos questline and then
that damn extremist shows up and poisons Thaletas. I blame all of this on Sokrates.

If I want the game + season pass, is the gold edition worthy? or should I aim for the deluxe one

Does the gold edition include everything from the deluxe?
Deluxe edition has some low level gear and temporary boosts and stuff, it doesn't include the season pass. Gold edition is just the game + season pass, I'd go for that one honestly.

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the herakles weapons are bugged, and theres some.. oddities with the perk you unlock..

the melee weapon shows the bow perk, the bow shows the melee weapon perk, when they're supposed to be swapped, the appropriate perk unlocks when you gather them though

also it's odd that a weapon perk is unlocked for the chest slot, which is.. strange, but I'm not complaining, bc I wouldn't put anything else there anyways (40% dmg when above your enemies is perfect for my build, once I finish gathering my armor as I want it I should be within range to get one shot kills without skills on most non-elite enemies)

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Was there this much swearing in Origins as well? Odessey is like watching Narco's but Puta replaced with Malaka. Or are ancient greek born with that much potty mouth?
They sure did swear a lot and with a lot harsher words than malakas.

One little side note.
The origin of the word malakas is not a modern one.Ancient Greeks too used it too but the meaning was not exactly the same.They used it to describe someone's weakness or stupidity.

Funny enough, Homer used the word in Odyssey a couple of times and I remember as a kid in middle school we used to joke about this
when we read the Odyssey in the classroom xD.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I just started this up after finally being at home long enough to play it. Chose easy mode and Kassandra of course. I only played 3 hours, and I'm enjoying it much more than Origins so far. The side quests seem a lot more varied, and I don't mind doing them as much this time around. I also went up 5 levels during that time. Kassandra is a hell of a lot more interesting than Bayek also.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question about the HDR in this game. The default is 800 nits, but im pretty sure my tv caps at 350.

I also usually play in a dark room with ambient lighting on. Is the HDR worth having on in this set up, or is it even worth having on at all?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
520k devastating head shot on a merc...

That's half a million bois.

I love how the Athenian War Hero Hunter set looks too.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished the main story yesterday, thoughts:

Well, I didn't end the whole game, I'm still missing like 5 dudes from the Cult and one Piece of Eden for Atlantis, I finished the Kassandra's family + Spartan roots storyline. It was okay, I felt it just kinda ended without a real climax though. Alexios gave up without barely complaining and now the whole family is on my boat as crew, it's cool. I'm really curious who the Cult Ghost or whatever he's called in English is and what will happen after I close Atlantis, although my guess is that Pythagoras will just die and the Isu AI will tell me something cryptic.

I'm really weirded out by Layla's story though. I had to read in the wiki what happened between Origins and this, because all the characters are new, and apparently it assumes you have read all the AC comics (lol). I've been out two times, just as a rest in London, and another one swimming into Atlantis. Not sure if it's going anywhere.

Great game. Really liked it (not sure if I liked Origins more or less, but at least this one didn't had me grinding secondary missions until I was barely able to do a main story one).

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. What about minor damage to structures, fire damage, smashed pots, etc.?

I know it doesn't matter but I'm just curious if destructible parts of the environment stay destroyed or not.

Not sure but I think pots and that stuff will reset, they don't want to keep in the memory data a hundreds or thousands of destroyed pots, lol

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough, I've found the bodies of people I killed even after I've restarted the game. I was even able to loot them.
They can last a really long time. They probably disappear if I change regions.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I haven't played this in a week or so. Think I'll just return to gamefly. Can't deal with this and Forza Horizon 2 at the same time. Every time I play one of these games it's like I'm playing the same thing.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's hilariously bad. It's like all their budget went into Kassandra and they added Alexios right at the end. The quality gap between the two is huge.

I'm trying to do a playthrough as him and I just can't get into it. If he existed in a vacuum, I'd say he's "ok", but he doesn't and Kassandra is, no contest, the better character.

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
ERA friends.

How come some times (most of the time?) I "kill" a mercenary, I don't get the "confirm kill" dialog? When I check my list of mercs I only see 2-3 are red (dead/dismissed/recruited/etc), but I know for sure I've taken down 10-12. So, you need to get a confirm kill to really make them go away, but it's just not popping up for me after I take them down. Thoughts?

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
ERA friends.

How come some times (most of the time?) I "kill" a mercenary, I don't get the "confirm kill" dialog? When I check my list of mercs I only see 2-3 are red (dead/dismissed/recruited/etc), but I know for sure I've taken down 10-12. So, you need to get a confirm kill to really make them go away, but it's just not popping up for me after I take them down. Thoughts?
Mercs are constantly being replace on the tier list. I have easily killed over 100 mercs and my list still shows many I haven't killed.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Yeah it's hilariously bad. It's like all their budget went into Kassandra and they added Alexios right at the end. The quality gap between the two is huge.

I'm trying to do a playthrough as him and I just can't get into it. If he existed in a vacuum, I'd say he's "ok", but he doesn't and Kassandra is, no contest, the better character.

Really? I love his voice. It's just the right amount of cocky yet playful.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So here's me taking on a fortress as a Hunter with no stealth, just in the front door, no care in the world. Just me and my bear pal (7 min video, fortress spoilers I guess?). Notice the Nation Leader had all his bodyguards, I havent really weakened the region yet. Oh and I totally let that first guy live just so the bear killed him :p

I fumble a bit looking for the chests, its not always clear >_> Its really an acomplishment how you can spec all 3 ways and be completely viable / OP. Hunter is fun.

InfiniteObviousAtlanticspadefish-size_restricted.gif

Briar36

Nov 27, 2017
Manhattan
Welp, cleared every region, hit lvl 50 and became the rank one mercenary... Time to start with the story. Haven't touched a mission since I got my ship xD

I see someone else knows the correct way to play games. I did play up to unlocking the cult menu, then did my walkabout

Yes, this is what I'm doing. I got to Megaris and have been clearing the map since. Haven't unlocked the spear or the cult stuff yet, still have Macedonia and the 3-4 northern islands to go before I get to the story.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Spoiler. How far have I come in the main story?
After leaving Athens ravaged by the plague with Aspasia.

This is to find out if I should accelerate or not on side quests/cultists.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is really fun to play but fuck the grind. I bought the XP booster. Ubisoft can fuck off next time.

I am level 28 and almost maxed out the Warrior tree (need level 5 spear) with warrior boost and flame gear.

I am unstoppable and can kill numerous enemies with one life. That seemed impossible early on.

Also loving the level scaling kinda. There's still some challenge but you get to be powerful as well with good gear.

ROLEPLAYING AS A SPARTAN WARRIOR GOD OH YES.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So I got to the
part in the story where you have to go get some guy that represent Sparta and take him to the Olympics. He does and you take his place. Man, that was such a throwaway mission. I expected more since it was the olympics and all that. It just felt really lacking

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I just started this up after finally being at home long enough to play it. Chose easy mode and Kassandra of course. I only played 3 hours, and I'm enjoying it much more than Origins so far. The side quests seem a lot more varied, and I don't mind doing them as much this time around. I also went up 5 levels during that time. Kassandra is a hell of a lot more interesting than Bayek also.

that's not saying a whole lot, imo :) ...

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
last Hunter video, Conquest Battle as a Hunter. Warning, there's also a cultist in this one so if you care about that, SPOILERS

Finished my amazon set also, so going to make a warrior build and fuck around as no stealth melee for awhile, might do some videos aswell if only to show all specs are viable.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

He sounds exactly like the big dumb meathead they made him out to be, really. It'd probably be perfect casting if the quality of the acting wasn't so spotty.