• Kassandra

Votes: 1,964 77.7%
  • Alexios

Votes: 565 22.3%

• Total voters

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Do you remember what that side quest was about? Now I'm wondering if I missed it as well.

Was seriously considering restarting my game after Phoibe died in my game.

It's the sidequest about burning plague infested bodies for Hippokrates before you go to the next plot objective. It's almost impossible to miss it.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
does running around/riding on a horse ever get good? Am I missing something or is there no manual way to sprint/gallop on a horse? Been enjoying most of my time with AC but the lack of sprint is infuriating.

It's the sidequest about burning plague infested bodies for Hippokrates before you go to the next plot objective. It's almost impossible to miss it.
I never got that quest... was it in the spot where you help 3 doctors?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Odyssey will be my first Platinum ever I believe. Not that I havent done pretty much everything in games before, just Im not a achievement guy so I never really go out of the way. For example, I did "everything" in Origins and I didnt get the Plat. Im sure I missed some silly thing like the trophy here in Odyssey to
get the cyclops eye back from a goat
. I just never really check guides, for whatever reason I did this time. From looking at it, and seeing as I'm only missing 4 trophies, I imagine those 4 are
finish chapter 8, finish chapter 9, kill all cultists and finish the game
I guess? Something like that I'm sure.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Whats up with the level jump in the Minotaur quest? Im level 32 and was looking forward to culmination of the quests only to find the next step jumps from 32 to 40...feel bad leaving that kid at the maze entrance while I go tackle the family related quests half way across the map.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
In regards to the Korinth storyline, I finally made my decision.

I know of the consequences, but I will deal with them when I get to that point in the story.

What matters to me at this point is that I was looking for Anthousa from the start and I agreed to help her. It feels wrong to go back on my word at the first opportunity. And honestly, Brasidas needs to come up with a better reason than "it's better for Sparta" to convince me to do things his way. My Kassandra doesn't particularly care for Sparta after they decided it was best to throw her off a cliff.

Not going to lie, I saw that coming a mile away, but it really pissed me off
I accidentally bumped into that scene on YouTube.

It was hard to watch. I'm geting closer to that moment in my own playthrough and I'm not looking forward to it one bit.

That said, having played through most of Korinth's storyline by now, I can definitely see the death flags. Girl just won't keep her nose out of dangerous situations, even when I repeatedly tell her she should for her own safety.

Still sad, though. I guess it's not a real AC game until someone close to the protagonist dies through forces outside their control.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i will say i appreciated it a lot that, right after phoibe died, kassandra had the exact same initial reaction i did which is basically "i am going to wring aspasia's neck for this," even though you dont get to follow through on it

Is there any way to change this? I will restart from my earlier save file if I can.
no, situations like that one are a tradition in these games iirc

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The low damage of DOT effects is kind of a bummer. It makes things like +50% burn rate and +elemental buildup almost useless. When I'm hitting for upwards of 20k per arrow, the speed at which my 2k dot is ticking isn't going to really do much for me.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Whats up with the level jump in the Minotaur quest? Im level 32 and was looking forward to culmination of the quests only to find the next step jumps from 32 to 40...feel bad leaving that kid at the maze entrance while I go tackle the family related quests half way across the map.

Just did that quest chain today. Yeah it it is pretty dumb

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
fuuuuuuuuuuuck
Brosidas got done in dirty
:(

If the head of the cult is
your mom
that makes no sense and I'll be angry. If its
Aspasia
, it still doesnt really make sense, but I guess Ill accept it /shrug

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
i will say i appreciated it a lot that, right after phoibe died, kassandra had the exact same initial reaction i did which is basically "i am going to wring aspasia's neck for this," even though you dont get to follow through on it

no, situations like that one are a tradition in these games iirc

Even if you let the priest kill the family with the plague? I figured her death was a result of me saving that family and the plague took over the island and Phoibe had to leave to avoid it.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They need to reduce the invisible town/fort/etc. borders where Phobos will refuse to gallop. The moment you cross the city gate, you should be allowed to sprint. End of story.

Encampments and forts shouldnt't have these borders at all. I know of this one camp near Korinth that consists of a torn down wall near the road, while the actual camp stands on the hill at the end of said wall. No problem sprinting past it, you'd think, except Phobos will grind to a halt if you follow the road and come too close to the completely deserted wall.

I guess it's because of 'balance' reasons, as you can't call Phobos in a restricted (red compass) area either (or save for that matter). Maybe the developers thought it would make the game too easy. I disagree. I think hit and run tactics should be a viable approach. Run into a fort, loot/kill/destroy what you intended to and then make a quick getaway on Phobos. Sounds like a blast. The bounty you get for getting noticed is penalty enough.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I assumed that they slowed down the horse near the cities to give time to the game to load the textures properly... I say this because sometimes the game would freeze while running full speed and you can move the camera around and see the textures getting more detail and then the game "un-freeze" and you continue as normal.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's been mentioned earlier, but what's the best order in which to complete the main three storylines for the best sense of closure and avoiding spoilers?

Kuldar

Oct 26, 2017
Keos main quest was underwhelming.
Get here, talk to Xenia, give her money and... you just learn your mother was a pirate but isn't here anymore... Thanks for the waste of money I guess?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I know the quest you're talking about. I thought it was kind of amusing since...

It's literally the only side quest you're allowed to do while Athens is in plague mode. If you check your quest list during that sequence, all of your sidequests are just gone until you finish the chapter.
Ah I didnt do any side quests cause it was 2 am and I just wanted to go to bed. Damnit I don't think have another save i could pull

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
I realized just now while marking and infiltrating a fort...this game is literally greek MGSV gameplay.....and thats great.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
And done. 113 hours, my first ever Platinum, every zone fully cleared of ?s, spear lvl 6, every item legendary including ship items, every side quest (proper ones of course) done except for those two that constantly need more Polemarch seals because fuck those even for my crazy ass, that's it I guess. I felt the burn around the 90 hour mark, but then Elis and some other zone brought me back and I wasnt burned out until the end, as I said, I even kept doing the ?s (for no reason really) I will happily buy the season pass when they announce the AC3 release date, as judging by this game and Origin's DLC, the DLC for this should be fantastic, especailly since with the engraving system new legendaries can bring new things for your specs, and of course we can even get new talents maybe? Certainly new sets at least.

I was sure Monster Hunter World would be my GOTY, it held strong against God of War and Spider-Man for me, but for my particular tastes, this one might beat it, I'll have to think about it.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And done. 113 hours, my first ever Platinum, every zone fully cleared of ?s, spear lvl 6, every item legendary including ship items, every side quest (proper ones of course) done except for those two that constantly need more Polemarch seals because fuck those even for my crazy ass, that's it I guess. I felt the burn around the 90 hour mark, but then Elis and some other zone brought me back and I wasnt burned out until the end, as I said, I even kept doing the ?s (for no reason really) I will happily buy the season pass when they announce the AC3 release date, as judging by this game and Origin's DLC, the DLC for this should be fantastic, especailly since with the engraving system new legendaries can bring new things for your specs, and of course we can even get new talents maybe? Certainly new sets at least.

I was sure Monster Hunter World would be my GOTY, it held strong against God of War and Spider-Man for me, but for my particular tastes, this one might beat it, I'll have to think about it.
enjoy your post-kassandra depression

:(

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Ubi forums have lots of posts on the stuttering and freezing. If you haven't, please go there and add to it. Anything to keep the exposure up.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
First time in this game I explicitely said no to a minor "fetch" quest.

Dude asked for me on the Message Board. I go to him and he turns out to be a possessive creep who wants me to kill a woman whom he considers a rival in love for "his" Anthousa.

"I will wait here if you reconsider," he said. I don't think so, asshole. Here, enjoy this arrow through your head.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Just got around to checking out the Ubisoft Club rewards. It's actually a pretty cool concept that Ubisoft don't rlgrt any credit for - essentially trading achievement points for cosmetics and weapons. Got Evie and the all female ship screw which is pretty awesome. All of the weapons there seemed like garbage though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know. I'm still using the same default losers dressed in rags at level 26. My ship is looking spiffy but my crew is so ugly!

When you have an all-female crew, they actually change the voice actors for your boat songs. It's a nice touch. As far as I can tell they mostly sing the same songs, though.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
How do you get an all female ship crew other than the Ubi Club rewards?
You can loot two of them from shipwrecks and you get one as a reward for a certain quest chain.

I'll put the locations of the shipwrecks and the quest chain in different spoilers.

Female bandits - Sunken Wreck of Datis near the south coast of Delos
Female Followers of Ares - Dorion Underwater Cave at the southernmost tip of Lakonia

Daughters of Artemis - complete the legendary animal quest chain for Daphnae and make the right choice at the end.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
When three Athenian soldiers stop to join the fight between a mercenary and a group of Followers of Ares, and they pick the side of the deranged cannibals.

animebetrayal2cfxg.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the title card pop up for someone on a Twitch stream...their reaction: "you have got to be shitting me, that was the tutorial???"

Good luck!

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's hilariously bad. It's like all their budget went into Kassandra and they added Alexios right at the end. The quality gap between the two is huge.

I'm playing as Alexios, I love it. He sounds so freaking stupid at times, laughing my ass off at times haha.

I just got introduced to Kassandra at the cult meeting, she seems so much better to be honest, at least the VO, but I don't think I have it in me to restart the game to change protag.