• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
You can switch the difficulty of the game? I thought once you choose in the beginning and that's it

EDIT: Just noticed it under gameplay settings

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
LOL. You really sound like you're having some fun there!

Yeah I mean overall I really am. Just exploring the world is amazing and the story bits range from fine to pretty good. AC is one of my favorite series, and if it wasn't for my issues with the combat this would 100% be my favorite non Ezio entry, I'm going to continue either way.

I guess I'm just picky about combat in games since I usually either switch combat heavy games to hard or easy based on what I don't like about it.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm at around 14 hours and the sidequests are so boring. I like nearly everything about the game, except how much there is to do.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
In regards to the chariot racing in Alexandria, will I ever have to go there and take part as part of a quest, or is it voluntary? I've just kinda ignored it and walked on.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at around 14 hours and the sidequests are so boring. I like nearly everything about the game, except how much there is to do.

Some are pretty good and some are a complete waste. My only gripe is that I finished the game and came back to do the ones I skipped. Some are clearly meant to be done prior to finishing the game.

Plasmids

Oct 28, 2017
I'm only a couple of hours in and I've just gone back to start a new game plus on Horizon. Just can't get into it for some reason. Annoying as I got it digitally so can't trade it it.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished the game, going to keep playing though as I am going to try and get all the achievements. This is definitely my GOTY.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Completed the main quest at level 36. Was a bit surprised how quickly the end wrapped up and not much of a grand finale. I've done most of the side quests, probably about 10 left, still lots of ? to explore and some high level Phylakes to kill.

What was also a bit flat was not getting any decent outfits or other gear while playing the main game and many side missions, just endless spears and stock shields to dismantle, even in the tombs the treasure in generic levelled items. A couple of the swords later on are okay but one is one health bar only, the other is fire blade that I prefer not to use. Unity is much better with equipment and customization. I actually stopped opening chests at level 34 and looking for ? missions to stop getting slightly inferior gear, maybe they'll be more useful afterwards?

Other bits in Unity were double stealth kill. I can't see it in Origins but even if it's on the ability table on one of the few remaining, you get this within a decent time frame in Unity.

I've loved playing the game overall and will continue to explore and get the extras but once you get them it's over.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What do you think the chances of a steam sale price for this are?

The game is fairly new but if steam holiday sales shaved off a few bucks Id be willing to wait.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Too many locations it's so boring

That's a thought I had: It's really impressive that they created so many and diverse locations but, in the end, I visited most of them only one time and will probably never see them again (even "visit" might be too big of a word).

Kind of a bummer. I appreciate the big picture but can't recall a lot of the small details.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I love how huge it is. It feels like a real place. I still wander around the desert just to take pics.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
That's a thought I had: It's really impressive that they created so many and diverse locations but, in the end, I visited most of them only one time and will probably never see them again (even "visit" might be too big of a word).

Kind of a bummer. I appreciate the big picture but can't recall a lot of the small details.
Most locations are the same though which makes it even more boring to finish them all

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Game is cool and my favorite Assassins Creed, but the side quests really are not good. Id take 50% less side quests if they had interesting characters and things to do in them. Most are "go to this fortress and rescue or kill this dude", just ugh.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Game is cool and my favorite Assassins Creed, but the side quests really are not good. Id take 50% less side quests if they had interesting characters and things to do in them. Most are "go to this fortress and rescue or kill this dude", just ugh.
What can they really do with the mechanics that already exist?
Story wise I think they shouldve had the sidequests (partially) about building up the Brotherhood.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What can they really do with the mechanics that already exist?
Story wise I think they shouldve had the sidequests (partially) about building up the Brotherhood.

Yeah I think having quests actually relating to the main character would make a lot more sense. Have some HQ of some sort, when you help people they might join. Or free a village from the presence of bad people, in a way where you can actually see a clear difference in the before and after. Instead of having shops in the game, which are selling things that don't make any sense realistically speaking, have instead a network of merchants linked to your HQ, and as you do quests they can sell or make new things for you. Even the skill tree is kind of a bad way of doing things. How about when you reach certain conditions (level, skill points, whatever), you get a quest to unlock a skill, instead of just picking it in a tree?

I think every time the player can get something in the game, relate it to a quest instead of just handing it through a menu. They need to make quests, so tie it to the character progression itself instead of just being things to do for people, then fill the rest with things that are more world-building or story related.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Those sound like really good suggestions. I like some of the stories in the side quess, but there are too many and Ive just start skipping the dialogue.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Whoop I finally took out my first phylake. He wasn't as scary or difficult as I thought he might be after running away from them for so long!

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
What's strange about side quests is doing missions with named NPCs who have backgrounds everytime i was like these are our assassin recruits but game was like noooppe

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Hold up, for some reason I thought the cap was 40. I'm about to hit that and I was excited to get all my legendaries to their final upgrade.

I guess it's 50 then?
Nah it's still 40, i said that because i kept getting exp even beyond 40, when i "leveled up" i was still 40 but i acquired a skill point. So there's no 41 it was just my mistake.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda strange that the only time I got any interesting gear was killing Phylakes for the most part. They also should have been more generous with purple gear at lower quest levels before I got the yellow gear from killing Phylakes. And getting purple gear rewards at higher level quests was also mostly pointless. I dunno, maybe they should have implemented weapon customization or something so they could give more interesting rewards for completing quests rather than XP only or a weapon/shield I immediately dismantled.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've put 25 hours into the game and outside of getting out of the starting area, I've done no main quests - this games going to last me a long while. :)

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lighting is the same as it ever was. Patch 1.04 introduced a bug that broke the LoD, but the lighting has not changed.
Oh, so it was time of day that made the lighting look flatter in those comparisons? I remember seeing one last week.
And the LOD is still not fixed? I guess it will have to wait further then, I got World War II and Battlefront II campaigns to play.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so it was time of day that made the lighting look flatter in those comparisons? I remember seeing one last week.
And the LOD is still not fixed? I guess it will have to wait further then, I got World War II and Battlefront II campaigns to play.

Only some people have the LOD issue.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
I love how huge it is. It feels like a real place. I still wander around the desert just to take pics.

I love the desert the most in this game.

They've captured the harshness and beauty of it as well as the danger.

Edit. Stats after completing the main quest and most of the side quests.
http:///IC9c.jpg
Probably a third or quarter of the hours is just messing about in photomode/letting the game run

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I don't understand what you've been doing? I'm pretty sure I cleared the first main area and it only took me around 5 hours.
I was in the same boat as him. My wife is interested in the game, so I can't "play" it when she's sleeping or whatever. But I can explore the world. I've put in a dozen hours and I've only just reached Alexandria. But I've done some random sidequests and climbed a bunch of towers, looked for hidden treasure, done some of those constellation things... there's things to do that don't move the story forward.

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
I've said it before and I'll say it again..Connor deserves another game where he ties up lose ends and hunts and kills Shay Cormac...Hell let Arno and Aveline make an appearance as well since they're all around the same age.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I accidentally killed Medunamun? I wasn't even doing a quest or anything, just looting the temple, used a takedown on a sleeping enemy and went into a long flashback sequence. Weird.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just did that long ass story mission where I met
Cesar
, how far along am I?