• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It made the festival duel a pain I would dodge then do heavy and Bayek just do nothing then few seconds later start the wind up. Not sure why but it was long delay only in that fight rest have some delay but not that much
Thats because youre forced into using a heavy weapon for the fight.
For those use the heavy charge instead or do a dodge plus light, the charge counters every single move the other guy makes

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is it a input lag bug or intentional that your heavy R2 attack doesn't work most time after a dodge you stand still doing nothing.
I'm having this issue too, even when standing still my R2 attack doesn't work sometime or I can't charge it. When it works, it's usually almost a second after I hit R2.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm having this issue too, even when standing still my R2 attack doesn't work sometime or I can't charge it. When it works, it's usually almost a second after I hit R2.
Use the alternate control scheme.
R2 is an analog trigger so it may be doing something to it.it has different pressure sensitivity so it may be reading your move as a charge depending how early it accepts the input and how far in you press.
Scheme b maps it to triangle.

Dragonelite

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If you like the setting, you'll adore the game. Egypt's open world, scale, wildlife, and insane attention to detail is the star of the show. If you enjoyed The Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn, those are good indications of whether you'll enjoy the core gameplay loop of exploration and side quests. Past AC obsessions with collectathons, hunting down the nine billionth chest in each sector of each city are mostly a thing of the past, replaced mostly with side quests that have decent writing and twists with multi-stage design. Writing is somewhere between TW3 and HZD for these. And while there are still treasure chests to collect they are part of stronghold clearances (so FAR fewer of them), which might be too similar to "capture the tower" missions for you, but basically require you to assassinate an army/thug/smuggler leader and loot the main treasure chests in his camp. But those chests contain meaningful loot, and the camps vary well in design and layout and, most importantly, by day/night cycle. So there's a lot more depth to the side content than not only all previous AC games, but more side content depth than most games full stop.

Honestly, the only reason I'd advise people away from this game is if they thought recent AC games were great and they want more of that structure. Almost everything about Origins has taken cues from The Witcher 3, Skyrim, and Horizon ZD, while the historical tourism aspect of the AC series is the part they've taken to improving from their own games (to the point that an entire new game mode is launching to push that to another level).

Dam I loved TW3 and HZD, I will definitely get this game on Xbox one x.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Use the alternate control scheme.
R2 is an analog trigger so it may be doing something to it.it has different pressure sensitivity so it may be reading your move as a charge depending how early it accepts the input and how far in you press.
Scheme b maps it to triangle.
Thanks, I'll try that :)

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, I've been burned to death 3 times so far and it seemed impossible to stop the fire unless you're close to a water source.

You can actually douse flames on yourself by repeatedly pressing the dodge button.

There are tons of things this game doesn't explain like being able to light arrows with your torch, swinging around in the saddle mid gallop etc.

ThisGamesradar video has some of them.

FondsNL

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't done too many tombs yet btw...

What can I expect? So far the interior locations I have seen were breath taking.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this games attention to detail is insane like Bayek flaying his hands as he gets out the water etc.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
While you use senu the horse will keep going, and if you use senu for a long time it will have to reload, so essentially you looked at a loading screen for 1 minute, and your horse simply kept following the road. At least that would be my guess what happened.
Yeah, my horse kept going and the game probably tried to load the current location, but my character already moved away from the loaded spot and it tried loading again and again.

Oct 27, 2017
Why o why does every Ubisoft game have this annoying input lag?? Are all games derived from the same core tech?

If you play Horizon after this it's just so apparent how much more responsive the controls are.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
Just found this note.
DNYezvEW4AEvdLn.jpg

Geez, that's a...bummer.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone got any tips for just playing the main story without any side quests? Right now I'm getting my ass kicked.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Holy F that's some bleak stuff. I'm a bit surprised that something like that found its way into an AC game. Is the entire game on the same dark tones?
I'm only just past the first assassination (the intro, I suppose) and that was some of the most violent stuff I've seen in an AC game. Wouldn't be surprised if it continues.

Oct 29, 2017
Had to show this to my mother the other day because she'd been asking a about it, she was blown away by Alexandria.

That being said, so was I. When I saw the scale of the map, I expected the world to be relatively empty but it's so alive and full of side quests and things to find.

Also loved how sometimes after you've done side quests certain people recognise you.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone got any tips for just playing the main story without any side quests? Right now I'm getting my ass kicked.

My tip would be: do side quests?

You can't do the main missions without leveling up via side quests because you'll be outranked in no time and you'd be making the game impossibly difficult for yourself.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I too noticed R2 only works if I stand still. If I try to use it after a dodge.. nothing. It makes shield guys a bit of a pain.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

As said above, that's gonna be veeery difficult/near impossible. You need the exp to level up, you're getting attack adn health increase with each level up along with being able to upgrade them separately.

Forget missions, even whole zones are leveled off, so you might see yourself wandering into a zone much higher level where a single guard can kill you with one arrow from the distance.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't really put much effort into a AC since I think....2. Really curious about this one, I love the setting. Thinking it might be time to try another one.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Holy F that's some bleak stuff. I'm a bit surprised that something like that found its way into an AC game. Is the entire game on the same dark tones?
There's some really dark stuff in this game... Like, really... really dark stuff, and not just in written notes that you find. One particular thing that happens during the story actually made me a bit sick to the stomach. This game really wants you to know that times were really bad during Ptolemy's reign :/.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What am I doing wrong? Every time I try to use my special weapon skill with RB+RT Bayek just goes Super Saiyan. The last time that I saw the weapon-move was when the game told you how to do it.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What am I doing wrong? Every time I try to use my special weapon skill with RB+RT Bayek just goes Super Saiyan. The last time that I saw the weapon-move was when the game told you how to do it.

I tried it in combat a couple of times but nothing happened, so I'm not using it at all anymore because I either don't know how it works, or it doesn't work as expected making it an unrealiable mechanic.

Silly as it sounds, this game needs more tutorials.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
The Overpower skill changes depending on your weapon type. I believe dual swords triggers the super saiyan mode. It's one of my least favorite overpowers so I usually equip a sword or heavy blade.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017

I tried it in combat a couple of times but nothing happened, so I'm not using it at all anymore because I either don't know how it works, or it doesn't work as expected making it an unrealiable mechanic.

I found out that each weapon has a different overpower ability.With my sickle sword, I'm getting the overpowered mode where all my hits are faster for X amount of seconds. With my spear, I'm getting a spear thrust move that deals a couple of thousand of damage.

Blu10

Oct 27, 2017

It depends on what kind of weapon you are using. For example the straight sword has a charge when you use it, and the curved sword (like from GOT) ups your attacking speed significantly.

Give a few weapons a try you might be surprised... it's super powerful, so I wouldn't sleep on it. I use the straight sword, and have the perks to both start combat with it fully powered, and when I kill someone with it I can tap the light attack to take the weapon from a guy that I just killed with it, and throw it at another guy for a 1 hit kill. Easy 2 for 1 at the start of a fight.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
As said above, that's gonna be veeery difficult/near impossible. You need the exp to level up, you're getting attack adn health increase with each level up along with being able to upgrade them separately.

Forget missions, even whole zones are leveled off, so you might see yourself wandering into a zone much higher level where a single guard can kill you with one arrow from the distance.
Can you even wander off the higher leveled zones? There seem to be walls surrounding the area and I couldn't pass them.

I guess it'll be opened up later after passing certain story point.

Can anyone in the damn country walk for themselves? I spend most of time carrying people around like some sort of ancient Uber driver.
LMAO.

But hey, probably they've been assaulted and put in cages for days they could barely walk.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I found out that each weapon has a different overpower ability.With my sickle sword, I'm getting the overpowered mode where all my hits are faster for X amount of seconds. With my spear, I'm getting a spear thrust move that deals a couple of thousand of damage.
The problem is that I even get the rage mode with a spear :(

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
This world is just amazing. I find myself just casually walking around each new location, soaking in the detail and atmosphere. The sense of time and place is incredibly strong.

The only real blemish is the low fidelity lighting and shadows (PS4 Pro), but considering the spectacle on display, I understand why sacrifices needed to be made somewhere. Wish this aspect wasn't quite so grungy, though.

Around 8 hours in now, and just arrived in Alexandria. Gorgeous. Loving this game.

Dehell

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the intro (got the first assassination) and the game leaves me with a lot of questions regarding context. Like,why do guards want to kill me when I enter their camp ? I'm supposed to be a medjay, a protector of the people and of the Pharaoh, it doesn't really makes sense to me.
As for the assassination itself, and the cutscenes that followed... Yeah that was some grim shit. But I still don't know or understand a lot regarding WHY everything happened. Guess I'll learn later

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Last night I climbed the pyramid at Giza to synchronise and the view was thing to behold.

So much so that after I slid to the bottom I realised I had not hit the synchronise button -.-

Gulfwarvet

Oct 30, 2017
Not played an ac game before so looking at this one is it more like an rpg than the others?

If its similar vein to the witcher/horizon then i may pick it up.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017

I just tried this with the weapons I had at my disposal.

A huge amount of damage in one move.
Regular sword
Spear
Dual sword

Overpowered mode for X seconds
Sickle sword
Heavy blunt

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Can you even wander off the higher leveled zones? There seem to be walls surrounding the area and I couldn't pass them.

I guess it'll be opened up later after passing certain story point.

Yeah, at the start (I'm guessing you're still doing the first set of quests), you're walled off. But after some story events, you are thrown in the center of the world and can pretty much camel your way anywhere, and yeah .. trust me .. if you accidentally wander into a lv 31 zone, any minor peasant enemy can take you out with a single arrow from horseback or behind a tree and that's that.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that I even get the rage mode with a spear :(

Have you tried with other spears? Which spear is it that triggers your overpowered mode instead of one-hit kill move? I tried with three spears in my inventory, one legendary, the others epic, the same result, did one-hit kill with all three.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Put a few hours in over the weekend

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Anyone else bought the season pass as of yet, or waiting until the content comes out next year for it?

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
Put a few hours in over the weekend

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Anyone else bought the season pass as of yet, or waiting until the content comes out next year for it?

I purchased the digital gold edition so got the season pass too. And it was because of this post.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...son-pass-is-a-pleasant-surprise/#6f6954d03aa1
Both of the DLC sounds good, and the extra stuff that goes with it was helpful.

Steiner

Oct 29, 2017
Could anyone tell me how to put off masks of a costume. I'm forced to wear the starting clothes, because it's the only one without a mask.