Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
I purchased the digital gold edition so got the season pass too. And it was because of this post.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...son-pass-is-a-pleasant-surprise/#6f6954d03aa1
Both of the DLC sounds good, and the extra stuff that goes with it was helpful.

It does sound good. I used my free Twitch Prime trial to get some more stuff in-game, which was nice. That was on top of the free stuff that came with the game.

Out of both packs, i'm more interested in the 2nd one which comes out in March. I mean, who isn't when you can face undead Pharoahs.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sigh, the game runs like absolute garbage during fights on the Pro. Will wait for a patch I think.

Other than that, very impressive so far, especially the world design.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
Could anyone tell me how to put off masks of a costume. I'm forced to wear the starting clothes, because it's the only one without a mask.
Are you talking about the hoods? Use the outfit you want and press Triangle on PS4 to toggle the hood on/off. It should prompt you for the correct key if you're using Xbox or a PC.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
The problem is that I even get the rage mode with a spear :(
Sure you aren't using a sceptre? They look similar, but spears have the lunge attack for instant damage once, while sceptres have the rage mode for insane attack speed for several seconds. I can't decide which I prefer, but if there's a spear with rage mode I'll be extremely interested in trying that.

larrybud

Oct 25, 2017
I've finally started to get into the combat. died so many times against large groups initially. I began taking my time more, using stealth to the max, and picking fights wisely. feels good to play strategically.

Last edited:

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
The outfit of Altair looks really nice in the game:

22861485_1885177791510101_8513007476604320066_o.jpg

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone spoil me on the modern day stuff? That's the linchpin for me as to whether or not I buy this game.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone's favourite weapon? I like dual wielding but not a fan of the overpower skill.

Spears. It has the range, it has a great charge move, and the adrenaline move is a one-shot kill apart from the strongest enemies. I'm also fond of the predator bow; it's great for long range battles. I'm also using the enhanced version so I can get some guided arrows.

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
Season pass email I just got:

Your continued support is the reason why we are able to offer over 20 hours of additional content, legendary weapons, and new bosses.

With your purchase of the Season Pass, Bayek's journey is far from over. The shifting desert sands and changing political alliances ensure that there is always more to discover in Cleopatra's Egypt.

Brand new regions will be open for you to explore. From the mysterious streets of Thebes to the furthest reaches of the Red Sea, hidden secrets and deadly foes await.

Oct 27, 2017
How's this game compared to the previous AC entries? Really enjoyed Black Flag, skipped everything after it and will buy this solely due to its setting (Egypt). Just want to make sure it's worth my money

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah, at the start (I'm guessing you're still doing the first set of quests), you're walled off. But after some story events, you are thrown in the center of the world and can pretty much camel your way anywhere, and yeah .. trust me .. if you accidentally wander into a lv 31 zone, any minor peasant enemy can take you out with a single arrow from horseback or behind a tree and that's that.
That's interesting. Actually I'm already at Alexandria and still wandering around the area. It seems that I can already explore as I wish at this point.
Season pass email I just got:

Your continued support is the reason why we are able to offer over 20 hours of additional content, legendary weapons, and new bosses.

With your purchase of the Season Pass, Bayek's journey is far from over. The shifting desert sands and changing political alliances ensure that there is always more to discover in Cleopatra's Egypt.

Brand new regions will be open for you to explore. From the mysterious streets of Thebes to the furthest reaches of the Red Sea, hidden secrets and deadly foes await.
Damn, that sounds dope. I should've bought the deluxe edition.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Have you tried with other spears? Which spear is it that triggers your overpowered mode instead of one-hit kill move? I tried with three spears in my inventory, one legendary, the others epic, the same result, did one-hit kill with all three.

Sure you aren't using a sceptre? They look similar, but spears have the lunge attack for instant damage once, while sceptres have the rage mode for insane attack speed for several seconds. I can't decide which I prefer, but if there's a spear with rage mode I'll be extremely interested in trying that.
I was wondering why the finisher didn't work with one of my weapons, so I switched to a spear and same result. I didn't try it since then. I'll do once I get back to playing.
The outfit of Altair looks really nice in the game:
Now that you mention it: All the Ubisoft Club outfits aren't in my game.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
How's this game compared to the previous AC entries? Really enjoyed Black Flag, skipped everything after it and will buy this solely due to its setting (Egypt). Just want to make sure it's worth my money

They put more emphasis on RPG elements (XP, leveling, loot) and introduced more meaningful side-quests. The rest stayed mostly the same. But it does feel like a fresh start.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
Ehm, what the hell?

I "borrowed" one of the small boats from the villager and proceeded to ram it into one of the war boats of the greek soldiers. The villager panicked and jumped overboard. The problem is that the water was crocodile infested and he ended up getting devoured by the crocodiles. Then the achievement "Circle of Life" popped up for me. What you have to do to get the achievement? Feed a predator with a corpse.

Oct 27, 2017
How do you pet cats? I've stood next to a few and not seen a prompt pop up.

Can confirm you can shoot them with arrows though and the game tells you off for doing so.

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After 4 hours in, I can say that it's an amazing game and my favorite AC game. Some aspect could have been better, there is room for improvement but damn. The setting seem so alive, it's the best open world since Witcher 3, I love the side quests, the Egyptians (most of them) are ACTUALLY BLACK, a lot of interesting of stuff to do, it's the first time the combat system is actually fun and challenging, emergent gameplay. Damn. I recognize the value of the games who released the 27 but it might be my personal favorite.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
Spears. It has the range, it has a great charge move, and the adrenaline move is a one-shot kill apart from the strongest enemies. I'm also fond of the predator bow; it's great for long range battles. I'm also using the enhanced version so I can get some guided arrows.

I happened upon a legendary spear that is cursed so it reduces my life down too 1/3 when i equip it =(

I'm liking the 'Headache Remedy' (large mace with extreme damage and sleep properties)

I've been kinda running around the map pursuing all the
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
in hopes of getting more weapons and xp

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
That's interesting. Actually I'm already at Alexandria and still wandering around the area. It seems that I can already explore as I wish at this point.

Yeah, if you want a quick taste of the difficulty curve. Get on a horse/camel and ride east of Alexandria (not a long treck) and swim past the Nile. That is a lv 30 zone if i remember correctly.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
sigh, the game runs like absolute garbage during fights on the Pro. Will wait for a patch I think.

Other than that, very impressive so far, especially the world design.

Weird, didn't have too much issues so far on Pro. I mean, there's some drops yeah, but nothing "garbage"-like (I mean, I played Unity so I know what's garbage tier framerate lol)

Oct 27, 2017
Haven"t encountered any so far. I think they ditched those insta-fail tailing missions a few games ago. Stealth is the best it's ever been. Scouting an encampment before quietly assassinating and sniping guards is now a viable strategy.
Wow that sounds everything I wanted in an AC game. Looks like my purchase is set (gotta wait til December since I'm broke -_-). Thanks!

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Now that you mention it: All the Ubisoft Club outfits aren't in my game.
How long did you play? After finishing the first chapter in Siwa I could access my two outfits (Altair and Ezio) from the microtransactions shop. I think you have to press the right D-pad in the menu to open it. You can also open the Ubisoft Club in the main menu.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys feel about traversal vertically and the options available given the time period? Unity was a blast, if in no other area, when it came to traversing tall buildings and dense neighborhoods.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird, didn't have too much issues so far on Pro. I mean, there's some drops yeah, but nothing "garbage"-like (I mean, I played Unity so I know what's garbage tier framerate lol)

It seems to be worse when there is a lot of vegetation nearby. Looking forward to the digital foundry analysis video on this one lol

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty hilarious how conveniently the three non-hunting bow types line up with standard gun types in your typical TPS. Warrior bows are shotguns, light bows are assault rifles, and precision bows are sniper rifles.

Also, weapons that cause bleeding seem absurdly overpowered.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
How long did you play? After finishing the first chapter in Siwa I could access my two outfits (Altair and Ezio) from the microtransactions shop. I think you have to press the right D-pad in the menu to open it. You can also open the Ubisoft Club in the main menu.
That's where I didn't look. I expected them to be in the regular outfit selection screen.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Can someone spoil me on the modern day stuff? That's the linchpin for me as to whether or not I buy this game.
You're introduced to a new protagonist, a girl who works for abstengo and wants to climb up in their organization by finding interesting stuff in the new animus, but it goes very wrong and Abstengo ends up going after her. The assassins track her and recruit her. That's all. The MD part while better gameplay speaking doesn't advance the story at all, it's more of a set up.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're introduced to a new protagonist, a girl who works for abstengo and wants to climb up in their organization by finding interesting stuff in the new animus, but it goes very wrong and Abstengo ends up going after her. The assassins track her and recruit her. That's all. The MD part while better gameplay speaking doesn't advance the story at all, it's more of a set up.
So it
it doesn't do anything at all with Juno?

That freaking sucks.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Last night I climbed the pyramid at Giza to synchronise and the view was thing to behold.

I climbed the Lighthouse at Alexandria yesterday. Quite tricky given the number of guards. But it was great fun and the view was amazing. Being someone who has enjoyed studying history it's wonderful to be able to walk around these places I've read about, even if things aren't totally accurate.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
So it
it doesn't do anything at all with Juno?

That freaking sucks.
No - ___- I'm pissed too.
There are, however
First civilization tombs in Egypt, I stumbled across one by accident, and one of them is Juno's. You get to know her more, and she's scary
My guess is that Ubisoft just didn't allow Montreal 2 to be the studio to tackle that part and are waiting for Montreal 1 to do so, given they've been the main AC studio. It's a minor miracle that this game is as big as it is, given it's being made by the A-2 (Not quite B) team and they were allowed to change the foundations.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
I climbed the Lighthouse at Alexandria yesterday. Quite tricky given the number of guards. But it was great fun and the view was amazing. Being someone who has enjoyed studying history it's wonderful to be able to walk around these places I've read about, even if things aren't totally accurate.

It is impossible to make it 100% accurate but Ubisoft worked with historians and archeologists in order to represent Egypt in the best possible way.

I applaud Ubisoft Montreal for their hard work.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
It is impossible to make it 100% accurate but Ubisoft worked with historians and archeologists in order to represent Egypt in the best possible way.

I applaud Ubisoft Montreal for their hard work.

Me too. I think they've done an amazing job of world building. And in fact the Lighthouse is very much like the many descriptions of the real building.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely buy a season pass, but this is one game where I will almost certainly make an exception. The Curse of the Pharaohs expansion alone sells it to me.

wBENDERw

Oct 27, 2017
How do you guys feel about traversal vertically and the options available given the time period? Unity was a blast, if in no other area when it came to traversing tall buildings and dense neighborhoods.

I feel like the climbing has improved allot, everything seems to be a handhold, I feel excited to climb everything, there are ropes between builds etc...

I'm about 6+ hours in, I do not feel like it's laborious its fun

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the gold edition which is something I never do because devs usually hide what's in the season pass.