• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Technika

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
Im loving the CD cover art the most!
And totally feeling the soundtrack #vibes

Initially, i thought this was a pretty cool title but one the fell in the shadows of cyberpunk.
However after glowing e3 previews, especially the treehouse playthroughs, ive been converted; preordered the collectors edition in place of my Death Stranding preorder!

Suffice to say, im really looking forward to it now.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
It's listed as being shippable to Germany and that cheap price compared to other listings?

Curious if they made a mistake and will cancel these orders. Something seems off.

Anyway, thanks for the link and heads-up. I already missed the Links Awakening CE on Amazon.de by mere minutes. Was literally checking 10 mintues prior to it being orderable on Amazon.de and half an hour afterwards, missed the short window completely.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
It's listed as being shippable to Germany and that cheap price compared to other listings?

Curious if they made a mistake and will cancel these orders. Something seems off.

Anyway, thanks for the link and heads-up. I already missed the Links Awakening CE on Amazon.de by mere minutes. Was literally checking 10 mintues prior to it being orderable on Amazon.de and half an hour afterwards, missed the short window completely.
Likely price error but worth a try to see if they'll honour it

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Of course it'd be shippable to Germany, it's from Amazon.de for cryin' out loud!

And you don't think it's strange that Amazon.de has to specifically state on the products detail page that it is shippable to Germany?

I've seen this note before, normally it's for a listing from another european Amazon branch directly on Amazon.de, therefor the shippable to Germany part. Regular listings in Amazon.de don't have that.

Source: I'm german and ordered a shit-ton of stuff from them already. ;]

E: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07NW7Q13Q here's the regular editions listing, no "Shippable to Germany" found. ^^

Samurai_Heart I think it's an error listing, if they change the price in the coming hours, there's maybe a chance they honor it. But i once ordered the Let's Go Evoli + Pokeball Plus set from them during a price error and they didn't honor it back then, cancelled my order.

If they make it unavailable again, they're definitely not going to honor it.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
And you don't think it's strange that Amazon.de has to specifically state on the products detail page that it is shippable to Germany?

I've seen this note before, normally it's for a listing from another european Amazon branch directly on Amazon.de, therefor the shippable to Germany part. Regular listings in Amazon.de don't have that.

Source: I'm german and ordered a shit-ton of stuff from them already. ;]

E: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07NW7Q13Q here's the regular editions listing, no "Shippable to Germany" found. ^^

Samurai_Heart I think it's an error listing, if they change the price in the coming hours, there's maybe a chance they honor it. But i once ordered the Let's Go Evoli + Pokeball Plus set from them during a price error and they didn't honor it back then, cancelled my order.

If they make it unavailable again, they're definitely not going to honor it.
Okay, fair enough. Well, here's hopin'.

I did get the "Bestellbestatigung" email confirming my order, as if that means anything.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, fair enough. Well, here's hopin'.

I did get the "Bestellbestatigung" email confirming my order, as if that means anything.

Sadly, this doesn't mean anything. I got the email confirmation for my Let's Go pack too. You're safe once you get the shipping mail, if this is an error listing or a price error it's 50/50 of them honoring it or mass cancelling these orders.

Magypsy

Nov 15, 2017
Greece
Well yeah, how likely are they to honor a pricing error on a product that's limited to a few hundred/thousand pieces after all?

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
A pricing error has a more likely chance of them honoring it than this. They took off the products page, indicating this as an error listing, and that really has about zero chance of them honoring it.

I'd love to be wrong, prove me wrong Amazon. But i doubt it.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol they really took down the product page. Oh well if they really cancel then so be it.
In the first place it's so weird that it's the same price as standard version.
I was confused but no harm trying.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno how it's called ... reserving? Media Markt and Gamestop do this too, they reserve the amount on your CC directly after ordering, but don't charge it. I had the amount for the Links Awakening Limited Edition from Media Markt on my CC account for a few days marked as reserved and then it went away as they only charge on dispatch.

I'd guess it's the same here.

E:

Tora "B07T4Q3JSX", that's at least the product ID from Amazon that's been used on Amazon.fr and Amazon.co.uk for the Astral Chain CE. Ironically, that also was the ID for it when it was available on Amazon.de this morning. ^^

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Dunno how it's called ... reserving? Media Markt and Gamestop do this too, they reserve the amount on your CC directly after ordering, but don't charge it. I had the amount for the Links Awakening Limited Edition from Media Markt on my CC account for a few days marked as reserved and then it went away as they only charge on dispatch.

I'd guess it's the same here.

E:

Tora "B07T4Q3JSX", that's at least the product ID from Amazon that's been used on Amazon.fr and Amazon.co.uk for the Astral Chain CE. Ironically, that also was the ID for it when it was available on Amazon.de this morning. ^^
Thank you.

Feb 15, 2019
Man fuck Nintendo for how hard they make it to buy these things. I've had issues with the Smash Ultimate Collector's Edition where my shop literally only got 2 of em (lucky I was one), the Fire Emblem one which is seemingly sold out everywhere and the places where it's not may or may not even have enough copies to begin with and now this again.

I managed to snub the Amazon De one but it seems likely to get cancelled, and I wouldn't even know until it would actually ship out apparently. So now my options are to buy it again on a different retailer if it's not sold out already or just hope that Amazon De will actually sell it.

Magypsy

Nov 15, 2017
Greece
Now I have two different ASINs ordered, both on Amazon IT.
The most recent one is under "Libri in altre lingue"...

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Okay now I have a pre order on Amazon.de, Amazon.it and Gamestop.it.

I really hope I can get one lol.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Thanks, ordered one from Amazon Italy. Man, first this and now Zelda: Link's Awakening CE being hard to ship to the US. Come on NOA, release something here.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Thank you! Ordered. I have a backup with GAME but I feel like they'll cancel it eventually. GAME canceled my Zelda CE.
You're welcome!

As others have said though, seems like this might not be the right listing. There's another listing for the CE that's sold out on there, so I hope at least for your sake that your GAME order comes through.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
You're welcome!

As others have said though, seems like this might not be the right listing. There's another listing for the CE that's sold out on there, so I hope at least for your sake that your GAME order comes through.

We'll see if Amazon cancels this. So far they haven't failed me with any CEs usually.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a mail from the amazon.de order, which doesn't say it's cancelled but it's still weird:

Guten Tag,

Wir haben eine Nachricht zu Ihrer am 02. Juli 2019 aufgegebenen Bestellung. Leider können wir Ihnen noch keinen voraussichtlichen Liefertermin für die unten aufgeführten Artikel nennen. Sie erhalten eine Versandbestätigung, wenn die Artikel versandt wurden. Ansonsten werden wir Sie nach weiteren 30 Tagen über den neuesten Stand Ihrer Lieferung informieren.

"ASTRAL CHAIN Collector's Edition"

Gleichzeitig weisen wir darauf hin, dass sich der Bestellstatus eines Artikels
sehr schnell ändern kann. Es ist daher nicht auszuschliessen, dass Sie bereits
vor dieser E-Mail eine Versandbestätigung erhalten haben. In diesem Fall ist
Ihr Artikel schon auf dem Weg zu Ihnen und diese Nachricht über die Verzögerung
gegenstandslos.

Sollte Ihre Bestellung weitere Artikel enthalten, werden die vorrätigen Artikel
automatisch versendet. Gerne können wir auch die bereits vorrätigen Artikel schon
jetzt losschicken, wenn Sie uns online über "Mein Konto" den Auftrag dazu erteilen.
Bitte beachten Sie, dass in diesem Fall Versandkosten fällig werden können.

Die verzögerte Ware wird umgehend nachgeliefert, sobald sie bei uns eingetroffen ist.
Ihr Konto wird erst belastet, wenn sich der Artikel im Versandprozess befindet. Sie erhalten dann eine E-Mail mit allen Angaben zum Versand von uns.

Den aktuellen Status Ihrer Bestellung sehen Sie in der Bestellübersicht unter "Mein Konto":

http://www.amazon.de/gp/css/summary/edit.html/?orderID=306-9122894-0073121

(Falls Sie diesen Link nicht anklicken können, kopieren Sie ihn bitte in die Adressenzeile Ihres Browsers.)

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.
Amazon.de

Seems to be about the date of delivery which isn't yet definitive ? Sounds like it'll get cancelled soon.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I received that email for many things I pre-ordered on Amazon.it, it simply means they don't know when they'll get the delivery from their supplier.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Got the mail too. Normally, i only get that for various Artbooks (Dark Souls ones, looking at you) but i think it's the first time i got this for a game with a confirmed release date.

Btw. it's listed on Amazon.de again, but as not available: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07T4Q3JSX

Same product ID as the order most of us got in before they completely removed the listing. Makes me feel a bit better about them honoring the orders with the cheap price, but we're definitely not safe yet.

meaulnes

Oct 27, 2017
I also received the email from amazon.de. Nothing is safe but I would bet that they probably will honor the price for orders up to some number, but cancel the orders they cannot fulfill. Just a guess, who knows.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm no second mail for me yet. Order at the Amazon page also still states that text "time to determine shipping date yaddayadda".

Interesting is, the detail page for the CE is live, but it's not showing up in the search results if you search for it.

Magypsy

Nov 15, 2017
Greece
Called it.
Gentile Cliente,

Ti scriviamo in merito al tuo ordine [redacted] per informarti che abbiamo dovuto annullare il seguente articolo: "ASTRAL CHAIN Collector's Edition. Nintendo Switch", ASIN: B07T4Q3JSX.

A causa di riduzioni nelle quantità prodotte, quest'articolo è attualmente non disponibile.

Ti informiamo che l'importo dell'articolo non ti è stato addebitato.

Siamo spiacenti per gli eventuali disagi causati.

Servizio Clienti
Amazon.it

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon.de sent me a cancellation/error email and gave Amazon credit voucher for €10:
email said:
Guten Tag,

Sie hatten bei uns folgende(n) Artikel vorbestellt:

------------------------------------------------------------
ASTRAL CHAIN Collector's Edition
------------------------------------------------------------

Leider haben wir erfahren, dass die genannten Artikel nicht erscheinen werden, und mussten sie daher aus Ihrer Bestellung stornieren. Selbstverständlich werden Ihnen stornierte Artikel nicht in Rechnung gestellt. Sollte eine Belastung bereits erfolgt sein, erhalten Sie eine automatische Rückerstattung.

Als kleine Wiedergutmachung bieten wir Ihnen einen Amazon.de Aktionsgutschein in Höhe von 10 EUR für die Produktgruppe "PC & Videogames" an. Der Gutschein ist gültig bis zum 5. Juli 2022. Sie finden ihn ganz unten angefügt.

Wir entschuldigen uns für entstandene Unannehmlichkeiten und bitten um Ihr Verständnis.

(Dies ist eine automatisch versendete E-Mail. Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf dieses Schreiben, da die E-Mail-Adresse nur zum Versenden, nicht aber zum Empfang von E-Mails eingerichtet ist.)

Freundliche Grüße

Kundenservice Amazon.de

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Weird, my preorder is still up, didn't receive any mail. It might be possible they are not done sending out the mails. But please, if you must cancel Amazon, then do it now, not just before or on release day.