Bizkit Krueger

Powered by Friendship™
Sep 8, 2022
Idk. If she walked up to the foam pit, walked through the foam pit, opted to participate, and opted to jump into it like that the onus is on her.

Don't get me wrong, I want her to be made whole again mostly to due with empathy towards another person.

As an example. If I own a pool with a diving board there are conceivable uses where it is 100% safe. There are also usages that become unsafe based on the user's actions like Gainers, Inwards dives, diving towards the wall, inappropriate attire like wearing a dress, not allowing clearance of other swimmers, swimming during a lightning storm, etc. Homeowners shouldn't be on the hook in those cases.

I haven't watched the video but I imagine if she had walked up to the platforms from height and wasn't aware of the depth (like entered from a separate location with no lighting or visual frame of reference ) then maybe I'd say she has a case. If she were wearing a big sumo inflated outfit to fight other people and decides to run full speed towards a brick wall and ends up breaking her neck when she bounces off she has no case there either.

Just because the option presented itself (in her mind) doesn't mean the event holder is responsible. Now if the event were billed as diving contest or something then she might have a case. Regardless of what announcers are saying she has to use her adult judgement. There was a waiver and I'd love to see what she initialed. (She'll claim she didn't read it.) I'm glad this will be resolved in court by old fuddy duddies that will ask the tough questions like, "how old are you?" Entertainers attempting to entertain is always going to end badly. This ain't a Michael Jackson Pepsi ad.

what could possibly compel you to write and post this

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I am not a lawyer and I did not watch the video and I have no idea what I'm talking about ... but here's my opinion on why the person hurt is at fault. 🥴

pucknoir

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Go ahead and outline how the foam pit can be used safely for the event as stated and what purpose it was meant to serve.
Well sense these are a foam pugilist sticks they could only provide enough force to disorient and not knock out someone (of course without preexisting conditions). The amount of force from if this were done on the ground is considerably lessened due to the cubes so typical sudden stop injuries like wrist fractures and knee impacts are minimized though not eliminated. This event is opt-in with a waiver. No sympathy now thanks to your response.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Idk. If she walked up to the foam pit, walked through the foam pit, opted to participate, and opted to jump into it like that the onus is on her.

Don't get me wrong, I want her to be made whole again mostly to due with empathy towards another person.

As an example. If I own a pool with a diving board there are conceivable uses where it is 100% safe. There are also usages that become unsafe based on the user's actions like Gainers, Inwards dives, diving towards the wall, inappropriate attire like wearing a dress, not allowing clearance of other swimmers, swimming during a lightning storm, etc. Homeowners shouldn't be on the hook in those cases.

I haven't watched the video but I imagine if she had walked up to the platforms from height and wasn't aware of the depth (like entered from a separate location with no lighting or visual frame of reference ) then maybe I'd say she has a case. If she were wearing a big sumo inflated outfit to fight other people and decides to run full speed towards a brick wall and ends up breaking her neck when she bounces off she has no case there either.

Just because the option presented itself (in her mind) doesn't mean the event holder is responsible. Now if the event were billed as diving contest or something then she might have a case. Regardless of what announcers are saying she has to use her adult judgement. There was a waiver and I'd love to see what she initialed. (She'll claim she didn't read it.) I'm glad this will be resolved in court by old fuddy duddies that will ask the tough questions like, "how old are you?" Entertainers attempting to entertain is always going to end badly. This ain't a Michael Jackson Pepsi ad.

This is what you decided to make your 13th post since joining Era 5 years ago, eh?

pucknoir

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am not a lawyer and I did not watch the video and I have no idea what I'm talking about ... but here's my opinion on why the person hurt is at fault. 🥴
Like I said. Those that will ultimately resolve this will have to make a legal opinion. If this were in pool of this depth with water and she walked up and decided to jump in with the most convenient way to injure herself then the onus is on her. There's no way she could have injured herself if this were water. She has to be bright enough to make that distinction. She will make a great twitter follow.. now.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Well sense these are a foam pugilist sticks they could only provide enough force to disorient and not knock out someone (of course without preexisting conditions). The amount of force from if this were done on the ground is considerably lessened due to the cubes so typical sudden stop injuries like wrist fractures and knee impacts are minimized though not eliminated. This event is opt-in with a waiver. No sympathy now thanks to your response.
Except the event wasn't held "on the ground", but a platform that you were supposed to knock opponents off of. Which was the entire purpose of the event. So if your stance is some libertarian nonsense of, "Well, if you fall for the organizers fooling you into thinking the event is safe, you're wholly responsible for participating to begin with," then you can't be reasoned with.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017

Not posting is free.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said. Those that will ultimately resolve this will have to make a legal opinion. If this were in pool of this depth with water and she walked up and decided to jump in with the most convenient way to injure herself then the onus is on her. There's no way she could have injured herself if this were water. She has to be bright enough to make that distinction. She will make a great twitter follow.. now.

Do you realize how dumb you sound?

pucknoir

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User banned (permanent): Troll account
Except the event wasn't held "on the ground", but a platform that you were supposed to knock opponents off of. Which was the entire purpose of the event. So if your stance is some libertarian nonsense of, "Well, if you fall for the organizers fooling you into thinking the event is safe, you're wholly responsible for participating to begin with," then you can't be reasoned with.
That convertible sure looks safe. I'm going to attack this gravel lane on this motorcycle this slight s-curve should be fine. I thought daytime running lights were sufficient for visiting a New Year's Eve event (that stated at 9pm). Do you mean how many cans of Truly or BiG boys officer?

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
She was told by organizers that it was safe to jump into the foam pit. Also waivers only work if there is no evidence of gross negligence. In this case the safety measures were clearly not adequate for what they were being used for.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Have you considered just like, not being appalling about this

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
That convertible sure looks safe. I'm going to attack this gravel lane on this motorcycle this slight s-curve should be fine. I thought daytime running lights were sufficient for visiting a New Year's Eve event (that stated at 9pm). Do you mean how many cans of Truly or BiG boys officer?

so you're not someone to be taken seriously. thanks for clearing that up!

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

This is one of the least intelligent things I've ever read.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
At this point folks just need to report them. They have clearly made a decision that it is her fault. No matter what evidence is presented they aren't going to argue in good faith.

Also joined in 2017 and has 19 posts seems to be an alt account.

pucknoir

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Twitch is full of circus clowns. She clowned. Even if they had harnesses. She would have found a way to get snagged up in that too. There are no perfectly safe events. She wasn't knocked in. She opted in. Wouldn't give her jack.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Twitch is full of circus clowns. She clowned. Even if they had harnesses. She would have found a way to get snagged up in that too. There are no perfectly safe events. She wasn't knocked in. She opted in. Wouldn't give her jack.

clown-detector-bitcoin.gif

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, she must have been really hurt by her previous career. That much damage from landing on your tail bone. It's crazy. Wish her the best of luck.
Law school student here, she'll lawyer up and have a huge negligence claim. Sue Twitch, Lenovo (who hosted the pit), organizers etc. Safety protocols were just completely ignored.
She's probably looking at a massive settlement claim out of court. These companies have a ton of money and don't want that publicity.
I hope she's wise and doesn't just get money but also have the companies pay for her medical expenses (current AND FUTURE) as well as pain and suffering.

Good luck Adriana.

Sorry, what does her previous career have to do with this injury?

Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna reply to the moron but they're banned already so that's good.

I hope she can lawyer up. Even with a waiver she should have a chance

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
im glad i kept reading their post until i got to the "i didnt watch the video" line. gold.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020

Holy shit, stop victim blaming and read the whole thread where multiple people explain the reasons why what you are saying is total horseshit or don't fucking post.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, what does her previous career have to do with this injury?
I assume they were going by her saying she already had some pre-existing problems from her prior work. However I don't think that was why her injuries were so extensive. I think she just fell a lot harder then first assumed. The spine is really delicate and even what seem like minor things can harm it a lot. Hopefully some of her nerve damage heals over time.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I assume they were going by her saying she already had some pre-existing problems from her prior work. However I don't think that was why her injuries were so extensive. I think she just fell a lot harder then first assumed. The spine is really delicate and even what seem like minor things can harm it a lot. Hopefully some of her nerve damage heals over time.

Yeah I don't know why that would matter a lot. Maybe made it a little bit worse at the most but I'm sure she would have broken her back either way.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Hope they banned his real account too. Coward.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Waivers don't mean shit, it is a routine part of a lawyer's day getting past a waiver.

If she was told it was safe and it wasn't, whoever told her it was safe has some liability. Whoever built the pit has liability.

You know whose fault it isn't? Hers.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Catheter is a painful way to do that. Both my grandparents had to have them in their final months.

Hope she recovers so she doesn't have to use one permanently

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The sad thing is that, even if she doesn't want to sue for damages, she'll probably still have to sue in order to get her insurance company to pay out anything because they will absolutely TRY to block payment due to the signed waiver.

This is going to be a very shitty road for her.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Catheter is a painful way to do that. Both my grandparents had to have them in their final months.

Hope she recovers so she doesn't have to use one permanently
Hopefully it's just from spinal bruising or swelling and as she recovers the feeling will return.

The sad thing is that, even if she doesn't want to sue for damages, she'll probably still have to sue in order to get her insurance company to pay out anything because they will absolutely TRY to block payment due to the signed waiver.

Honestly her insurance company will sure theirs to recover the medical costs they have paid already I am sure. A lawsuit is happening regardless but hopefully all the parties will just settle quickly and she will get the funds she needs for current and future medical costs caused by this along with the loss of her just starting Twitch channel. I doubt she will be able to sit long periods and stream with her back injuries.

Jul 1, 2020

Some of these waivers don't really hold up in court and are purely designed as theater to make people think they can't do anything. Not a lawyer though.

I hope she is able to recover from her injuries.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Fuck, is she partially paralyzed in her lower body? I mean even temporarily that's scary. Amazon or Lenovo need to pay out big time but even that cant replace the quality of life she may have after this. Back pain is no joke.

Oct 25, 2017
The good news is Amazon is multi billion dollar company and can afford to pay her out
The bad news is Amazon is a multi billion dollar company and will probably bleed her dry of legal fees

Ugggg I feel so bad for her

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I can only imagine the mix of anger and sadness at having your life so completely changed by a moment like this, none-the-less one that came down to placing your trust in a company and it backfires due to horrific negligence on their part. Even if she wins a lawsuit, her life is probably never going to be fully the same, and for the company it'll just be a financial loss they ultimately shrug off while it sticks with her the rest of her life.

I really hope her recovery goes well. Fuck everyone involved in this negligence.