Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The good news is Amazon is multi billion dollar company and can afford to pay her out
The bad news is Amazon is a multi billion dollar company and will probably bleed her dry of legal fees

Ugggg I feel so bad for her

You really think they want all the news and PR they would get from dragging her to the courts?

"We absolutely did fuck up HARD with that joke of an pit, we got womans back broken in two places, loss of bladder control...., but going to courts sound great!"

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, edited my post. Was unnecessarily aggro, sorry.
No worries
And yea it makes sense amazon would want to pay out and be done but we've also seen this is the company who doesn't care about all the bad press when theres always news stories about them force their employees to pee in bottles and work 20 hours a day so I can see it going either way to be honest

I wish her the best and hope she doesn't have to deal with years of legal mess ontop of this

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
I would just worry that if she does sue they use her lighthearted tweets as evidence that the injury isn't that severe. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if they would do that or not.

That would be quite the strategy...

"Look at this person using humor instead of just posting the existential dread she must feel at the prospect of being incapacitated for the rest of her life!"

Not having followed her in the past, I've actually been pretty impressed with her posts since the accident. She seems pretty media savvy, which I know shouldn't be surprising. But lots of people who should know better don't always demonstrate that they do. She strikes a nice balance of speaking pretty matter-of-factly while also expressing some positivity and hopefulness about her situation. Call me crazy, but it just sounds like that's her personality and I bet a lot of people can relate -- not to the horrible accident, but the coping mechanism.

Noriea

Nov 8, 2017
I can't imagine having to suffer that kind of injury. Hope she can recover quickly and regain the nerve sensation. I really feel for this poor woman.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Just checked the threadmarks and good lord. Bones crushed? That's a magnitude worse than the impression I got from the video.

Has it been said if she's expected to be able to walk eventually or is she looking at permanent disability?

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
It blows my mind how a multi million dollar company owned by a multi billion dollar company can keep consistently fucking up in the absolute lowest common denominator ways I've ever seen, good LORD

I hope Adriana is able to recover ok, I saw her streams come up in my recommended when she was playing Elden Ring and she's very nice to listen to and entertaining. Sue the fuck out of them.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Just checked the threadmarks and good lord. Bones crushed? That's a magnitude worse than the impression I got from the video.

Has it been said if she's expected to be able to walk eventually or is she looking at permanent disability?

She has mentioned recovery time up to a year and having to wear brace for whole duration.

Lukish

May 30, 2022
NI
You would think with all cuts twitch is making and cash they are pocketing, they could afford proper attractions for amusement

Loomies

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any statements from Twitch regarding this? I checked Threadmarks and didn't find anything. I know it will be PR but for them to sweep this under the rug is so concerning and really hope they have standards with safety

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Has there been any statements from Twitch regarding this? I checked Threadmarks and didn't find anything. I know it will be PR but for them to sweep this under the rug is so concerning and really hope they have standards with safety
They probably won't so as to avoid claiming any sort of responsibility (for legal purposes)

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing these updates makes me even angrier at the fucking dweebs in this thread who blamed her for the injury.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Man I've had on and off lower back pain for 10 or so years, when my disc starts acting up, I'm basically incapacitated. Never wish that shit on anyone, it's unlike any kind of pain I've felt in my life.

Jun 25, 2022
Incredibly sad. I can't even imagine the unfathomable pain she must've felt when it actually kicked in. I messed my back up years ago lifting an AC unit and the pain was unlike anything I'd felt in past 20 years of my life. I wish her a quick recovery.

Loomies

Oct 27, 2017
I teared up really bad seeing her go through that struggle. Thank goodness shes making progress

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Ugh, these updates. I hope she's able to recover quickly and that the PT helps her gain full mobility again.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
good to read. it's so fucked up that she's had to go through all that pain. hopefully she'll be able to make a full recovery in time.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
God, re-watching the jump (and fall) again, it doesn't look like it should have resulted in such a terrible injury. And her trying to smile (I think) through the pain immediately after the landing… Human body is so fragile. :(

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
God, re-watching the jump (and fall) again, it doesn't look like it should have resulted in such a terrible injury. And her trying to smile (I think) through the pain immediately after the landing… Human body is so fragile. :(

I had a close work friend whose life sadly spun out of control into deep depression and prescription meds addiction because we randomly went out to lunch one day and the salad they served her had a small metal screw twisted up inside a piece of lettuce. She had a pre-existing condition, TMJ, and biting down on the screw only made it infinitely worse. The corporation who owned the restaurant chain paid out a fairly large settlement eventually, but it only took care of her bills. Her quality of life took a complete nosedive and she's openly contemplated suicide in conversation with us.

It is heartbreaking stuff.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I had a close work friend whose life sadly spun out of control into deep depression and prescription meds addiction because we randomly went out to lunch one day and the salad they served her had a small metal screw twisted up inside a piece of lettuce. She had a pre-existing condition, TMJ, and biting down on the screw only made it infinitely worse. The corporation who owned the restaurant chain paid out a fairly large settlement eventually, but it only took care of her bills. Her quality of life took a complete nosedive and she's openly contemplated suicide in conversation with us.

It is heartbreaking stuff.
What the fuck????? Why would there be a metal screw?
So sad to hear this.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Human bodies are paradoxically both surprisingly durable and extremely fragile at the same time. People survive all kinds of crazy physical trauma, but sometimes it's the innocuous, smaller things that do the worst kind of damage depending on the where and how.

Had a friend who had all kinds of accidents during horse riding, usually with only a few bruises, but only really got seriously hurt one time while getting off the horse and slipped, stopping her fall in an awkward way.

It's depressing when something that should have been fun and that seems so minor (and entirely preventable) ends up being so devastating.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize foam could mess you up like that...

The purpose of foam is to slow your speed before you hit the ground, the error here was that there was not enough foam to sufficiently slow participants down before they hit the ground, i.e. they likely needed an extra foot or two to the pit. It also would have helped to have foam mat to cover the concrete, as even that helps to slow your body down and absorb the force.

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
What the fuck????? Why would there be a metal screw?
So sad to hear this.

They determined the most likely cause was the lettuce arrived bagged and pre-shredded to the restaurant and that the screw came loose from one of the large machines used to shred the lettuce.

Crazy how something so seemingly innocuous can have such crazy harmful repercussions, right?

Yet another reason why I think anyone making light of her situation, or bizarrely relating it to her past, or saying it's her own fault can eat a big ole' shit sandwich and fuck off into the sun.

so it's like jumping into a shallow swimming pool and not realizing it which could break your neck (or worse)

Not really. A more apt comparison might be jumping into the deep end of the pool off the diving board head first and only learning upon entry that it's actually 3 feet deep.

Even then though...I don't quite think the analogy really works when you consider the intended purpose of each.

Last edited:

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
damn :(
have the event hosts been sued? She needs to get the biggest of checks.

While not the exact same, a few years ago, a family friend tripped over an unmarked/unpainted raised cement drainage channel at night at a hotel and broke one arm and sprained the other. They had to wait to sue until all the surgery, recovery, and PT was finished so that the total costs could be submitted. I would expect a similar situation here.