• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
I will be seated. My most anticipated game this year, will fill the P6 void (but seriously Atlus fucking announce P6 soon I can't take it anymore). Already pumped for basically fantasy Persona with some SMT elements but I'm hoping we see more unique stuff that makes Metaphor standout.

I just wanna gush for a second how cool some of these new monsters look

metaphor-re-fantazaio-14-scaled-1.webp

Straight out of The Garden of Earthly Delights. If the game came keep up this triptych/renaissance aesthetic I won't even mind that the game can look a little rough in places because this art direction is top tier shit.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Rebirth is sure to be my GOTY by the end of the year, but I am pretty optimistic about this, will def tune in.

Feb 16, 2022
Gameplay-wise I have no reason to doubt this team. What I wonder is if it's doing anything cool/innovative with its setting and theme. On a surface level, the game looks visually flashy but with no sense of personality of its own yet, unlike Persona 3-5. I hope they managed to pull something together in the end product.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Haven't really followed this. Is the hype mainly coming from the art style + Hashino? It's okay if it is, just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I will be seated. My most anticipated game this year, will fill the P6 void (but seriously Atlus fucking announce P6 soon I can't take it anymore). Already pumped for basically fantasy Persona with some SMT elements but I'm hoping we see more unique stuff that makes Metaphor standout.

Straight out of The Garden of Earthly Delights. If the game came keep up this triptych/renaissance aesthetic I won't even mind that the game can look a little rough in places because this art direction is top tier shit.
That does look sick. Are there any other good examples of the enemy design so far?

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Oh yeah, I'll be there and ready to go! Gimme a sweet collector's edition to pre-order!

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I hope this is more involved than P5 (by that I mean less "push your stats by drinking coffee" and more direct gameplay) and has better character arcs (or a better story, would take either). In general I wanna get a better feel for its structure.

Wanna be excited for an Atlus game again.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Cool but will skip. Will play the game if it's good anyway so I rather go in as blind as possible.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Will try as much as i can to avoid any footage as i am already sold on this
But this Is hard and autumn Is a long way off.

Anyway atlus Is really strange, all these years from p5 and than in Maybe two years 2 big jrpg(if p6 Is next One) lol .
Cannot they do more timely developments?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
So far we got Makoto and Yu from Persona 3 and 4 confirmed to be appearing as their alternative fantasy versions of themselves, hoping this new footage will also show Ren

character_set1_f9a1630f6a70570d5a2472284118c898.png
character_set3_5cdf45ac51a4145182453e246c7254d5.png

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm too burned by Atlus and its politics, I'll wait for a relaunch of the game with more content.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I hope it doesn't run like poopoo, that's my main concern right now.
This, STMV, Elden Ring dlc and XVI on pc, yeah that's more than enough for the rest of 2024.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I was really expecting them to wait until June with the Summer Games Fest And Associated Conferences to start the promotion cycle tbh. Anyway hope whatever they show looks a lot better than what they've previously shown (if not they'll probably have it ironed out by the 2027 rerelease)

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
live stream links for tomorrow

www.youtube.com

ATLUS Exclusive『メタファー:リファンタジオ』24.04.23

アトラスの開発者が自らゲームの最新情報をお届けする番組「ATLUS Exclusive」開催決定!日本時間4月23日(火)午前7時より、『メタファー:リファンタジオ』の最新情報を世界同時配信!新作ファンタジーRPG『メタファー:リファンタジオ』がどういったゲームなのかディレクターの橋野桂が全世界の皆様に向けてお届...

www.youtube.com

ATLUS Exclusive公開記念特番「メタファー:ストーカー倶楽部・ファイナル」

「ATLUS Exclusive『メタファー:リファンタジオ』24.04.23」公開記念番組内で公開された #メタファー の最新情報をつまみに、本作の魅力を徹底分析!!2024年4月23日(火) 20時 から生放送でお届けします!■出演者 ※敬称略MC:マフィア梶田(フリーライター)   磯村知美(声優)ゲスト...

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I was some how not aware of this game and so I looked up some gameplay footage and man it looks so good. Now I'm excited to learn more about it. :)

JasperMyst

Sep 25, 2023

That's the most impressive photo I've seen for a turned based game in like ever?

If they can carry this insanely artistic aesthetic this game might be going places.

Buying the minute it comes out regardless.

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
Are we expecting a release date today? Haven't really been keeping up with this but considering P5 is one of my favourite games in recent times I'll be here day 1.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017

This screenshot reminds me of X-Laws's Archangel in Shaman King

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Are we expecting a release date today? Haven't really been keeping up with this but considering P5 is one of my favourite games in recent times I'll be here day 1.

I think it'd be weird if we didn't get a release date today honestly. P3R has been out for two months and SMTV:V has had its announcement with release date too. Metaphor is the only other announced upcoming game without a release date, but we know it's out this calendar year.