Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
They did a really good job at setting the table for the tone of this film. I especially really love the end where Cap is shocked to see Scott and has to ask if this is a pre-recorded message, it makes everything feel like a post apocalypse movie.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
They did a really good job at setting the table for the tone of this film. I especially really love the end where Cap is shocked to see Scott and has to ask if this is a pre-recorded message, it makes everything feel like a post apocalypse movie.

He also says a few years ago. Time has really gone by since he was in the Quantum Realm.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Which basically means Thanos wiped out half of all life, intelligent or otherwise, which includes half of all the plants and animals that supports the food chain.

He didn't just halve the number of people living in the universe, he basically halved their resources too. Which is kinda amusing.
Right? lol

People thinking that Thanos was working with a galaxy brain when all evidence points to the contrary.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Who knows, maybe that is a time jump. It can go either way.
But honestly the dead give away about the time jump is Natasha's hair. In the scene where she finds Ronin it seems like she has her hair longer and tied back (probably ponytail like how they have her in that promo image that was leaked a while back)
for sure, just saying it isn't implied or obvious from that scene that Ant Man shows up way later or like the next day.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I think it's laughable to compare the situations based off of what you've seen so far in this trailer given the track record of what the Russo's have delivered in the MCU. They are going to play this SO close to the chest the entire way and use as much misdirection as possible.

The track record doesn't always guarantee a great ending in a movie franchise... Should we talk the Alien franchise ? Ridley Scott is one of the best director EVER ! He directed two classics in the Alien franchise : Alien and Promotheus ; but Alien Covenant was terrible ! Coppola delivered 2 of the very best movies of all time with the Godfather and Godfather 2; but the Godfather 3 was good ( actually better than what people said... ).

Look, I'm not saying Endgame will be bad. We have a trailer, I give my reaction. That's all. We had plenty of movies with incredibles trailers and they end up being garbage. And vice versa.

Captain America Winter Soldier is my favourite Marvel movie EVER. Civil War is number 3 ( after Spiderman 2 ), and Infinity War is 5 ( after the Avengers ). So I'm not doubting the Russo brothers.

I'm just saying, we've seen before great movie franchises - with great directors - that did not end up well. Do I really need to bring up Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ? It could happen, not saying it's happening. Not exactly the same thing...

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
That's not really the same thing. The Guardians were headed to Thor's exact location because of the distress signal.

Significantly different to Carol just happening upon Tony and Nebula in the vastness of space, but that could still totally happen lol

True. What I'm attempting to say, albeit poorly, is that the germ was getting Thor and the Guardians to meet. How it happened in the final script/movie was written to facilitate that. Likewise there are countless ways to have Carol meet Tony in space, logically, if that's what they want to happen.

I just think it'd be neat if that's how they meet.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd just like to add I hope Tony lives long enough to meet the inevitable MCU Reed Richards. That way he can get a stern talking to about building evil AI and how easy it is so rebuild spaceships from scrap.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
0f80251f98bd8fe9726a0320751694ca.jpg

God damn it.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, some characters better die with the way they've been hyping up the stakes. It takes a lot of tension out of the action scenes knowing that character will be back. I'm not talking about the 50/50 thing at the end, all the deaths before that
It's going to be a time travel movie; can't really die when the whole plot involves fixing death.

Nov 30, 2017
The last time Cap looked at his locket pic of Peggy was before he sacrificed himself in First Avenger.

Also funny how people will use science when it's convenient but ignore it otherwise.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The track record doesn't always guarantee a great ending in a movie franchise... Should we talk the Alien franchise ? Ridley Scott is one of the best director EVER ! He directed two classics in the Alien franchise : Alien and Promotheus ; but Alien Covenant was terrible ! Coppola delivered 2 of the very best movies of all time with the Godfather and Godfather 2; but the Godfather 3 was good ( actually better than what people said... ).

Look, I'm not saying Endgame will be bad. We have a trailer, I give my reaction. That's all. We had plenty of movies with incredibles trailers and they end up being garbage. And vice versa.

Captain America Winter Soldier is my favourite Marvel movie EVER. Civil War is number 3 ( after Spiderman 2 ), and Infinity War is 5 ( after the Avengers ). So I'm not doubting the Russo brothers.

I'm just saying, we've seen before great movie franchises - with great directors - that did not end up well. Do I really need to bring up Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ? It could happen, not saying it's happening. Not exactly the same thing...

Prometheus is a classic now...LOL

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

Fine, too that end I still think it's silly to assume the movie will be bad based on a teaser.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Rewatched it a few times, I like how low key and minimalistic the trailer is, complete opposite of IW. It feels like we've seen nothing and for a movie that's gonna be jam-packed like A4, that's a good thing.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
If they really wanna go full circle, what if Steve dies jumping on a grenade like he did in training in The First Avenger, echoing that scene.

Oct 27, 2017
Good trailer, really looking forward to this movie. I'm glad they didn't show much in the trailer because too often they give away too much.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I can't stop rewatching this trailer man. There's so much subtlety to it.

• Tony's opening is sad as hell. He doesn't even know if Pepper is alive or not. He's sending out the signal not to hope for rescue, but to know if she's okay.
  • Hawkeye FA-SHO lost his whole family. "loss of family" + "loss of self" + cut to hawkeye = tears in my eyes
  • Thor looking the most depressed/unconfident he's ever looked. The man has been through too much
  • The score during the stinger + Cap and Nat's reaction = we have a chance.
The more I watch it the more amped I am for this movie. Doesn't hurt that I'm doing the Marvel rewatch too lol

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Thanos going to get what's coming to him

"However, there is something inside of these champions that you do not know. A secret truth that each of them carries in the darkest and most hidden parts of their soul. The fear... the certainity... that they will lose. That someday, despite their strength and their courage, everyone and everything... will die. And if you were to ask these Gods, these Avengers and destroyers... How they believe this marvelous universe of ours will arrive at that bloody and inevitable end?

With a trembling voice, and a heavy and honest heart, they would all tell you the exact same thing...

THANOS WINS"

Nov 5, 2017
I'm not a hardcore MCU fan, though I do watch the movies, so sorry if this was already discussed or announced already, but I saw a few people say they aren't sure if Thanos is going to be in the movie.

Do we know either way yet if he will be?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
pretty damn lame and unexciting trailer, especially in comparison to Infinity War's teaser

but the movie already has its hype at maximum for the fans I guess, hopefully next trailer has a better look at the action stuff.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait

so Tony Stark can build a flame throwing suit of armor in a cave with primitive technology

but he can't build himself something better with a technologically advanced ship at his disposal

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
wait

so Tony Stark can build a flame throwing suit of armor in a cave with primitive technology

but he can't build himself something better with a technologically advanced ship at his disposal
I mean, we don't know when that scene takes place. Although it's probably when Captain Marvel joins smash the party

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wait

Maybe he needs fuel, he can't magic it out of thin air.

Maybe he can create something but he'll run out of oxygen long before completing any gizmo.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I'm going to need an explanation why the Milano doesn't have enough fuel to get to Earth. Even if Tony doesn't know how to fly it Nebula would, and they wouldn't have landed on the planet without enough fuel to leave.