Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm curious about Hawkeye. If he really did lose his family I can't imagine him not marching straight to Avengers HQ wanting to beat some answers out of someone. Instead he's chopping up gangsters somewhere?

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about Hawkeye. If he really did lose his family I can't imagine him not marching straight to Avengers HQ wanting to beat some answers out of someone. Instead he's chopping up gangsters somewhere?

His backstory is that he was a ruthless mercenary, thus his deep connection to Black Widow given her past, until he turned a new leaf thanks to having his family as a positive and calming influence. Without them and, even worse, having them taken from him he has no reason not to return to his past ways.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
That scene with Hawkeye is in the future. Farther than most are expecting. He probably got the answers by that point.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
This entire universe was built off the back of Iron Man.

It has to be him. He's the main character in these movies. Always has been.

He at least is heavily involved since Strange sacrificed the time stone for him.

But I hope they make that a red herring and Iron man only sets a series of events in motion that lead to the victory.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Re antman Im going under the assumption that Strange knew how to get back and got him out

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Barely.

Doesn't justify his bullying and holier than thou attitude about anyone who has the audacity to question his guesswor-... I mean insider knowledge

Pot calling the kettle black if you read some of the posts here and the MCU OT, but I guess he just pull the Enternals story or the plot to Deadpool 2 our his ass. Solid guesswork on his part.

Is Era this hostile towards insiders that get something wrong for E3?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Pot calling the kettle black if you read some of the posts here and the MCU OT, but I guess he just pull the Enternals story or the plot to Deadpool 2 our his ass. Solid guesswork on his part.

Is Era this hostile towards insiders that get something wrong for E3?
They'd be less hostile if Mana was less arrogant and less of an arsehole to others, tbh.

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. He's no smarter at the gate and seems just as clueless -which I hope they maintain sensibly. There are only three possible outs:

1. He stumbled upon a way out.
2. Somebody came down and got him.
3. Somebody in there helped him - and likely explained some essential rules to him that will affect the Thanos plot.

Given he's alone in the trailer I suspect 3 makes the most sense and Janet already demonstrated that angle. The scene in ant man and the Wasp is so quick both in movie and in post credits that anything is possible and not contrary to plot. In fact there's a

4. Janet revealed some of that and shared an idea about how to get out or communicate with the Q-peeps.

Selfishly I have more than enough context for any of that but realistically it has to be something a virgin audience will get.

I would enjoy seeing them expand the Quantum Realm with option 3. Who they would use could be interesting as the Quantum Realm can definitely be a jump off point to introducing other characters they recently brought back through the Fox deal. Although, maybe they will do that with pure time travel shenanigans. I am glad the movie is only around 5 months away.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn you for making Cap sad. :(

2uRmMsu.gif
I can't take a super hero who uses this amount of hair mousse seriously.

Jun 7, 2018
Aw damn that's exactly the kind of authentic spoiler that might be accidentally true. Even I know that panel and I can't even pronounce Slaaahhvenn.
I guess they could work that in there somehow with time travel, but thor already has the Storm Breaker. Also, if they take the Hammer from the past, wouldn't that Mart McFly the hammer all the way up until after infinity war?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK accidental 3% chance of spoilers:

OK here's my theories:

Ant Man was taught some basic quantum / Thanos rules by Q-peeps. (Tiny civilization good guys who underly all realities and know some stuff about upstairs) This amplifies and accentuates captain America's plan. Previously dead Heroes from an ALTERNATE reality where Thanos lost, sacrifice or save themselves to help THIS reality because of the math. Tony pivotally sacrifices himself and alt-reality Tony at the same time because pepper and the plan.

Black Widow is brutally killed by Thanos which unlocks PROPER INFINITE RAGE HULK after Thor fails again but captain America is WORTHY of mjolnir and DOES headshot Thanos to clean it up. Dying heroically In the process because previously warned that it would still kill a mortal and saving Hulk and others from a second slo-mo snap. (Because Hulk fucking humiliates Thanos in a follow up fight)

The infinity stones fall from an ashen gauntlet and whoa they're just stones after all and the real power is family and love and friendship. And the alternate reality heroes are trapped in this reality because of contracts and popularity and intention.

If any of the above words happen I demand the tag "Xboxtradamus"

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't Ant-Man get out of the QR by using one of those expansion things? Like he did in the first movie?

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Dat Ronin reveal brehs
eYjdAsV.gif
Marvel "Phase Four" spoilers: Clint gets his family back, but struggling with PTSD from the ordeal and his time as Ronin he separates from them and moves to New York City, where he moves into an apartment building in a crime-infested neighborhood, takes a bossy debutante and archery prodigy on as a partner/protege, and adopts a one-eyed pizza pupper with a nose for solving mysteries.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually really glad how restrained this teaser was. After the brainless, enduring cacophony that was the Wakanda fight in Infinity War, I am really looking forward to seeing the Avengers in a state of complete loss and desperation this time around. There better not be another war in this one. Just give me Captain Marvel going planet-level ballistic and they're all good to go in terms of bombastic action.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Marvel "Phase Four" spoilers: Clint gets his family back, but struggling with PTSD from the ordeal and his time as Ronin he separates from them and moves to New York City, where he moves into an apartment building in a crime-infested neighborhood, takes a bossy debutante and archery prodigy on as a partner/protege, and adopts a one-eyed pizza pupper with a nose for solving mysteries.
kate-bishop-hawkeye-netflix-790x1113.jpg

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, something from the trailer someone on reddit noticed. Gonna spoiler since it confirms some movie plot stuff.

7yyjhlctnv221.jpg

It also looks like the text in blue, next to archive, says 1983 (it's clearer when you watch the trailer.) So yeah, seems like maybe Scott pops out of the QR back in the 80s?

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017

OK here's my theories:

Ant Man was taught some basic quantum / Thanos rules by Q-peeps. (Tiny civilization good guys who underly all realities and know some stuff about upstairs) This amplifies and accentuates captain America's plan. Previously dead Heroes from an ALTERNATE reality where Thanos lost, sacrifice or save themselves to help THIS reality because of the math. Tony pivotally sacrifices himself and alt-reality Tony at the same time because pepper and the plan.

Black Widow is brutally killed by Thanos which unlocks PROPER INFINITE RAGE HULK after Thor fails again but captain America is WORTHY of mjolnir and DOES headshot Thanos to clean it up. Dying heroically In the process because previously warned that it would still kill a mortal and saving Hulk and others from a second slo-mo snap. (Because Hulk fucking humiliates Thanos in a follow up fight)

The infinity stones fall from an ashen gauntlet and whoa they're just stones after all and the real power is family and love and friendship. And the alternate reality heroes are trapped in this reality because of contracts and popularity and intention.

You don't deserve it for that last point alone

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017

OK here's my theories:

Despite the fridging of Black Widow, I could imagine this being a thing. Maybe not Hulk humiliating Thanos. I like the theory that the final shot of IW with Thanos on Titan staring out at his farm is actually also the last shot of Endgame. He won, he achieved ultimate power and near godgood. What else does he need?

They'll call upon him to help vs Galactus maybe.

Oct 27, 2017
Despite the fridging of Black Widow, I could imagine this being a thing. Maybe not Hulk humiliating Thanos. I like the theory that the final shot of IW with Thanos on Titan staring out at his farm is actually also the last shot of Endgame. He won, he achieved ultimate power and near godgood. What else does he need?

They'll call upon him to help vs Galactus maybe.
I really, really, really hope the post-credits stinger is Silver Surfer crash landing on Earth with a warning. After the Fox deal it's all in the cards now.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im a simple man, the only explanation i need for carol is "her space magic made her stay young and pretty" or some contrived shit haha

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome trailer, though I am a bit miffed that a co-worker spoiled me on Ronin being in it. :/

Oct 28, 2017

OK here's my theories:

Hulk is going to merge with Banner to become smart Hulk. The first movie had them separated now they have to go megazord.

Im a simple man, the only explanation i need for carol is "her space magic made her stay young and pretty" or some contrived shit haha

They say in the trailer her Kree biology gives her an extended lifespan.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I really, really, really hope the post-credits stinger is Silver Surfer crash landing on Earth with a warning. After the Fox deal it's all in the cards now.

That's be way too soon lol. Have the end of the movie be like the Justice League Unlimited ending "and the adventure...continues" and then have the stinger be Peter Parker watching the news while working on his suit. Something about new owners of the Baxter Building, he doesn't care. Then they talk about an ongoing incident across town. He goes to the window, suit half on. Looks up in the sky and sees " 4 " .

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
No fucking idea this was coming so soon. Thought this was like 2 years away, lmao.

Awesome

Oct 27, 2017
That's be way too soon lol. Have the end of the movie be like the Justice League Unlimited ending "and the adventure...continues" and then have the stinger be Peter Parker watching the news while working on his suit. Something about new owners of the Baxter Building, he doesn't care. Then they talk about an ongoing incident across town. He goes to the window, suit half on. Looks up in the sky and sees " 4 " .
Yeah I guess my idea is a bit on the nose. I just don't give a fuck about the Fantastic Four, but I love Surfer and Doom. Which I know are inextricably linked.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Idk man...that ending bit feels odd.

I have a feeling that's not the original Steve and Natasha. But what debunks it is widows blonde hair.

I need to stop watching this trailer lol

Oct 25, 2017
That scene with Hawkeye is in the future. Farther than most are expecting. He probably got the answers by that point.

Not necessarily.

If the theory of Nick Fury thinking the snap is the Skrulls fault (hence going for Captain Marvel's pager), Hawkeye could be operating under those beliefs at the beginning of the movie, and thus hunts Skrulls in Japan for retaliation.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
So, something from the trailer someone on reddit noticed. Gonna spoiler since it confirms some movie plot stuff.

7yyjhlctnv221.jpg

It also looks like the text in blue, next to archive, says 1983 (it's clearer when you watch the trailer.) So yeah, seems like maybe Scott pops out of the QR back in the 80s?

This is some good shit.

Someone also pointed out that the Avengers compound used to be a Stark warehouse and that the front door in security footage doesn't look like the entrance to present day compound. Also, if the footage is from '83 it would give even more confusion regarding the fact Lang says "Remember we met in Germany a few years ago?" And the Avengers weren't even around then. When Widow tells Steve that their plan will work though it makes me think they already had one (that likely fails).

i have never seen Manabyte bullying anyone. Where are the posts?

I'm okay with Mana but his Twitter is where you would need to go for that lol. He does have a history of getting annoyed with people who call him out on bad info and blocking them, and deleting tweets. And then calling them out in his own tweets. I think it's clear he does get inside info however so saying he doesn't know anything (as a lot of people do) isn't really fair. The issue people take with him is a refusal to admit when he's mistaken. There's a humility there if utilized would probably diminish criticism.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Most exciting thing about the trailer was the name, finally.
Rest was completely unspectacular and just "mehhh". I don't know what I expected.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Not necessarily.

If the theory of Nick Fury thinking the snap is the Skrulls fault (hence going for Captain Marvel's pager), Hawkeye could be operating under those beliefs at the beginning of the movie, and thus hunts Skrulls in Japan for retaliation.
Possibly. I don't think that's the case though.

In the trailer both Nat and Steve sport two different hairstyles in their scenes. All through Infinity War, Nat had the short do, but in the scene with Hawkeye, she has the ponytail, supporting the belief that some time has passed since then.(It's tough to see the ponytail, could be edited out, but her hair is pulled back and tight, something you can't do with the short bob she had, and also matches the leaked promo art)

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
So, Ronin looks cool but.. is there any reason why Hawkeye adopts a japan-samurai style instead of just, y'know, keep being Hawkeye but angrier ?