• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
It took me two minutes to buy tickets for a Friday midday showing in Boston from Regal. Seems like the easiest time to get tickets for.

Oct 25, 2017
I got in at AMC an hour ago and Atom cancelled my tickets. fuck me.

I assume every site's trying to access amc's seat map database and failing.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my ticket for Wednesday at midnight, woohoo. Will probably be home at 4am and have to get up at 7 for work but fuck it. Endgame should be worth it!

Plum

May 31, 2018
The Cineworld in my area only showed their midnight screening an hour or so after tickets opened. Now it's pretty much completely full. Fucking bullshit, but I should hopefully be fine with the screening I have.

EDIT: I'm silly, of course I should be fine. None of the screenings that start before mine will finish until after my screening starts. Unless some random person decides to show up and start shouting spoilers (which really isn't likely) I'll most probably be alright.

Last edited:

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Well, got tickets so I'm happy. I'll check back later to see if any Dolby Cinema tickets are available and I'll cancel the one's I already have. If not, oh well.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm in line on Fandango, hopefully the seats aren't awful.
Totally forgot about this and AMC is dead

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Has anyone been able to get tickets for the early screening fan event by AMC? I had no problem getting it last year for infinity war but now the farthest I can get to is the pay screen and it won't go further

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Australia Event cinemas are up and have all day Wednesday 24th showings. Going that night cause work but the 25th is a public holiday so if this is a 3 hour affair i wont feel wrecked.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Is everyone trying for Friday or opening night? Because I got Saturday at 11:30 am after 10 minutes of struggle and called it a day.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the tickets and then my mom told me that april 25th is my dads birthday. My friend already took off work for that day. FML

May 17, 2018
TWO HOURS LATER and AMC still won't let me buy my tickets. This just can't be traffic- AMC has to be having technical issues.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. I've NEVER seen anything like this. It was easy to get IW tickets, this is a nightmare.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I literally got reput into the queue for tickets on Fandango, again for the second time which was "less than a minute" and is now trying to load the next page.
I'm sorry but I don't understand how you have months to prep for this, to do stress tests, to make sure everything isn't a complete and utter shit show like it is now and let this happen. I bet anybody who works in movies knows how much of a nightmare it is for Marvel releases, the people who run the sites should too. 2 hours later and we're all waiting for tickets lol.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Took me 40mins to make it to the payment screen of the AMC app, then it crashed I'm so fucking pissed. Now I'm off to work with no tickets. THANKS AMC

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The real question is whether or not I care enough to go slightly out of my way to take the train in to work instead of driving so I can continue checking on my commute, lol

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
FUCK YEAH!

After waiting for one of the IMAX here in Brazil to open up online, I was able to secure 4 seats in the best place 24/04!

HYPED!!!

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I literally got reput into the queue for tickets on Fandango, again for the second time which was "less than a minute" and is now trying to load the next page.
I'm sorry but I don't understand how you have months to prep for this, to do stress tests, to make sure everything isn't a complete and utter shit show like it is now and let this happen. I bet anybody who works in movies knows how much of a nightmare it is for Marvel releases, the people who run the sites should too. 2 hours later and we're all waiting for tickets lol.

Literally their whole job is sell movie tickets and they can't do it

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

From the looks of it, this whole thing is making the Star Wars Episode VII ticket presale launch look sublime in comparison. It's kind of nuts how much traffic Endgame must be generating to make it so that's the case.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone with the app missing the prebought tickets? All my stuff is gone at the moment. Shazam and Pet Semetary tickets went poof and the A-List tab is not loading. I'm hoping the tickets I got for Endgame don't go poof too, I did get email confirmation on both sets

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Tickets bought for midnight showing the 24th (well, 00:01 the 24th if that's easier to grasp :P) and 19:30 the 24th
Had 0 waiting lol, smooth af

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Whoooo! Got tickets at the Alamo! They're closer to the screen than I'd like, but that's nof as bad at the Alamo.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Literally their whole job is sell movie tickets and they can't do it

Exactly! Like, I want tickets just as much as the next person and all of that. But it shouldn't have to take all of us over two fucking hours to get tickets to a movie which has generated hype SINCE Infinity War came out. The hype has been LONG known for this movie and of course everyone's gonna want tickets to try to show up for the showings. I literally don't understand how as a technician for a website or a company where it's your job to sell movie tickets, that you don't think about running stress tests for this.

And I know it's just loud noise at this point but like dude, it's gonna be the same exact way for the next Avengers movie probably too. Jesus, man.

From the looks of it, this whole thing is making the Star Wars Episode VII ticket presale launch look sublime in comparison. It's kind of nuts how much traffic Endgame must be generating to make it so that's the case.

It is absolutely crazy, but this hype has been well known and seen since post IW. No reason to not have expected this level of traffic.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I hit the checkout part three times with seats and the app would error out. Cinemark needs to get a better IT team.