Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Ah Time Travel never makes sense. It's messed up here as in most other movies, especially once you start thinking about it.
People will nitpick the time travel here, rightfully so. It really does not add up.
Past Thanos was killed in the future, before he was able to jump start the whole time travel incident, so why was there time travel in the first place?
Nebula killed her past self, but still exists?
Black widow was sacrificed for the soul stone, so shouldn't "future" gamora still be alive? But "past" gamora also time traveled, so "our" future gamora never existed in the first place and Guardians 1+2 never happened as we know it?
Thor's hammer was stolen in the past and was never brought back? With what was past Thor fighting?
Loki escaped with the Tesseract in New York. Was it brought back? Visions could not have been created without the Tesseract, so he never existed?

and so on...
Literally ALL of that is explained in the movie itself. Every change they made in the past created new, alternative timeline, but has zero influence on the original timeline we were all witnessing last 11 years. There's no way to change a past.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
There's also very much a point to introducing some of the new generation to the universe before the old guard retire, so they don't have to start all on scratch with unfamiliar faces.

That's a good point.

Maybe I was expecting too much. The end credit scene of Infinity War with the beeper, and her overpowered strength shown in her solo movie made me except to see more of her as the main part in beating an overpowered Thanos in Endgame.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Literally ALL of that is explained in the movie itself. Every change they made in the past created new, alternative timeline, but has zero influence on the original timeline we were all witnessing last 11 years. There's no way to change a past.

"explained"

That's the equivalent of:"please don't think about it."

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man what a fucking movie. What a fucking finale. The crowd was crazy and it didn't annoy me. I was actually able to hear the sobbing when tony died. The hole thing was so emotional you can feel it around you.

End of an era. God damn

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I have a question, is Gamora from the past dead ?

I didn't remember but for me, when Tony snapped, he killed everyone who is from the past, Gamora included especially when Tony never met this character (the one from the present or the past) and just heard her name in Infinity War when Iron Man/Dr Strange/Spidey met Guardians on Titan

Presumably he snapped to destroy Thanos and his army which wouldn't include Gamorra since she wasn't really loyal at that point.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The scene with Hulk and the Ancient one explains the nature of time as depicted in the MCU and the scene at the end when Cap goes back in time to return the stones and Mjolnir to their original point in time closes the loops.

Oh right he took the hammer back, forgot about that.

Oct 27, 2017
Just out of it, I do agree with others, it's really good but not Infinity War good,
The movie doesn't have an identity, yes it's full a fan service but going the time traveling route destroys watching all previous titles the same way again.

How does it ruin watching the previous movies? They didn't travel back in time, they visited other universes. Everything that has happened before has remained untouched.

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the whole 'you can't change the past' thing because any change will just create another timeline is true then shouldn't Cap have been placed on another timeline when he went back and stayed with Peggy? He should never have made it back to that timeline as old Cap.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the whole 'you can't change the past' thing because any change will just create another timeline is true then shouldn't Cap have been placed on another timeline when he went back and stayed with Peggy? He should never have made it back to that timeline as old Cap.

I guess that's a good point.

Visceir

Oct 26, 2017
- Iron Man's sacrafice was generic. Anyone could have done it. Actually most of the other avengers would have done it without dying (Thor, Hulk, Captain Marvel... Etc). They could have done better with how he died. I remember how Iron Man almost died at the end of Avengers 1. Such situation would have been a more meaningful death since he used his unique ability of flying to go to that hole in the sky.

Strange bargained for Stark's life in Infinity War and signaled him here at the end that this was the one outcome he saw. Stark knew what he had to do, anything else would have led to failure. I think it was all pretty well conveyed.

Really liked the movie, main issues were with Captain Marvel and how she was added to the movie. Just felt really out of place. Too overpowered for her own good and just an unnecessary overly late addition.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
There are two theories on this:

1. He was always Peggy's husband, no change in the timeline. Peggy's husband was never shown or named after all.

2 He stayed with her in yet another alternative timeline and only travelled back to the original one once Peggy died to give the Cap America role to Sam.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Hmm... okay? But Thor is able to throw lightning without the hammer, is Cap. now also able to throw lightning at will, forever? Did Thor loose the lightning power? Or are the both now able to do so? Are they now on the same power level, which is clearly over 9000?
Thor is god of thunder he can use thunder without a hammer. Cap with hammer has the power of Thor which is thunder.

Renpatsu

Oct 25, 2017
He still had the timesuit/time GPS bracelet/pym particles when he went back to the past to return the stones and Mjolnir so the presumption is that he lived out his life with Peggy and returned back to the present to pass on the mantle of Captain America.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2 He stayed with her in yet another alternative timeline and only travelled back to the original one once Peggy died to give the Cap America role to Sam.

But how did he travel back? He did not appear on the time travel platform after all. It think it is pretty clear that he waited and not time traveled as an old man.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Presumably he snapped to destroy Thanos and his army which wouldn't include Gamorra since she wasn't really loyal at that point.
So there is a chance we might see her in Guardians 3 ?
I mean, is there a scene at the end when they tease this for example « a screen with her photo and they want to research her » ? I completely forgot that part because of Thor/Quill discussion which was hilarious

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Saw this earlier tofay and holy shit what a ride. I need to see this again to take it all in again, the last 40 minutes or so were insane.

I figured she wouldn't come back, but man i'm so bummed that Gamora is gone for good. Poor Quill :(

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So there is a chance we might see her in Guardians 3 ?
I mean, is there a scene at the end when they tease this for example « a screen with her photo and they want to research her » ? I completely forgot that part because of Thor/Quill discussion which was hilarious

"Gamora" will be in it-but the Gamora we saw in Guardians 1 and 2 and IW is dead.

The Gamora they are looking for now was ripped from the past and doesn't know the Guardians and doesn't love Quill.

This is a common comic book story. As soon as your main characters are in a happy place, it's time to shake things up.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines

got this from reddit

My explanation is: he lived his life in an alternative timeline with the time travel suit and when peggy died of old age, he came back to "his" timeline, to pass on the torch.
Since they established that "for us its 5 seconds but for him it's anything else" i think this works?

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this earlier tofay and holy shit what a ride. I need to see this again to take it all in again, the last 40 minutes or so were insane.

I figured she wouldn't come back, but man i'm so bummed that Gamora is gone for good. Poor Quill :(

It will be a Search for Spock situation where they find the evil past version of her and reforge their love.

DuoRox

Oct 28, 2017
1 chance in 14 million with time travelling is still unlimited good endings..
I felt Thor was off. He did not change when his brother, father, mother, home, friends, People died. And here he had 2 weapons and could not do much against thanos. Shame.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Red skull told Hawkeye that the death that occurs there can't be reversed. So how would she come back? I feel like the last part with Quill is just him being hopeful.

She was never killed off (or not anymore).
"past" gamora traveled with "past" thanos to the future. Then she switched sides and fought against her thanos and his armies with "future" nebula (past nebula was killed by future nebula). Quill meet her on the battlefield, but she rejected him and leaves earth. She is out there, she just never experienced anything that happen in Guardians 1 and 2.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm talking about the Gamora that was with the Quill during Guardians 1/2 and Infinity War. She's done, dead. Thats what bums be out. I get that past Gamora is roaming the galaxy now but it's not the same.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about the Gamora that was with the Quill during Guardians 1/2 and Infinity War. She's done, dead. Thats what bums be out. I get that past Gamora is roaming the galaxy now but it's not the same.

Technically she isn't dead, she just never existed. Just saying!
As said: Time travel stuff...
But yes, our gamora is/was no more

Oct 25, 2017
Return of spiderman got the biggest cheer I've ever heard in a cinema.

The Big Thorowski got the most laughs throughout the movie.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just watched it. Fantastic movie, fantastic ending to Tony, beautiful ending to Cap, sad ending to Nat.

Ive been crying since. Goddammit, thank you Russo bros.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Loved the movie but the way they treated Thor was very disappointing. So now he's only a joke character.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Technically she isn't dead, she just never existed. Just saying!
As said: Time travel stuff...
But yes, our gamora is/was no more

She is dead.

Let us make this very clear. What they went through are -> Alternate past universes -> then going back to the Original.

This new Gamora is from another universe who is currently living in their world now.

Status
Not open for further replies.