• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
The RUMOR is that it's a MCU adaptation of Avengers Forever.
Five years after IW, Stark (thus the gray hair) is working for SHIELD. He and Scott use tech that Hank Pym developed to go back in time to stop Thanos in the past with the help of Avengers from different time periods. That's why you see Battle of NY Cap with old Tony, Scott, and Homecoming Spider-Man.

Mod Edit: Lets spoiler the whole thing
That sounds great. Time travel as a plot device can be a cheap way out of a desperate situation, but there's potential for BTTF2-style shenanigans if they're grabbing Avengers from the events of previous movies, which could be very creative.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
That sounds great. Time travel as a plot device can be a cheap way out of a desperate situation, but there's potential for BTTF2-style shenanigans if they're grabbing Avengers from the events of previous movies, which could be very creative.

It also lets them do a nostalgia trip over the past 10 years of the MCU as an ending to this first Avengers team.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Just came back, i freaking hate cliff hanger with unfinished story :(
I know it's going to be a cliff hanger, but no to this extreme.
Really enjoyed and loved it, lots of cool moment. I'm not the kind of person who will critic about pacing, character development or whatever, so yea.

But thanks to the awful, awful, awful person sat next to me, I want to die. "Oh shit it's captain america!" "Oh I know what's going to happen next" "I understand what's going on now" "It's captain marvel!"
Please, PSA, if you love yourself, you gotta shut up in cinema man.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Just came back, i freaking hate cliff hanger with unfinished story :(
I know it's going to be a cliff hanger, but no to this extreme.

Empire-Strikes-Back-Ending.jpg

People had to wait THREE YEARS for ROTJ to resolve that.

A4 is next May.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So screen time

Which characters got the most (outside of Thanos) and who got the least?

Hawkeye got completely shafted like the first movie, lmao. I was expecting him to show up late in the movie. Hope he has a pretty big role in the next one.

Honestly did not expect this direction, I thought hey we're going to be pushing the new members for phase 4 in Avengers 4 but this looks like to be one final hurray for the OG team to go out on a high note.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Hawkeye got completely shafted like the first movie, lmao. I was expecting him to show up late in the movie. Hope he has a pretty big role in the next one.

Honestly did not expect this direction, everyone was banking on them pushing the new members for phase 4 in Avengers 4 but this looks like to be one final hurray for the OG team to go out on a high note.

I don't get this. Hawkeye wasn't in ANY of the marketing at all. Yet people expected him to be in the movie.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
I think that's what bothers me, why does he get to live....but like I said, could be worse, could have been Quill left alive....then you would have saw rage.

I guess I just wanted to see Spider-Man and Panther be major players in A4 to help take down Thanos for good.

They might still be...those characters merely 'ceased to exist'. The only characters that died 'for real' we're gamora, loki, Heimdall, vision

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia

Honestly did not expect this direction, I thought hey we're going to be pushing the new members for phase 4 in Avengers 4 but this looks like to be one final hurray for the OG team to go out on a high note.
Was waiting for a crazy god arrow to strike down and Hawkeye appears or something. Real twist is the lack of Hawkeye here.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get this. Hawkeye wasn't in ANY of the marketing at all. Yet people expected him to be in the movie.

Partly because Renner missed MI6 for this pair of movies, and partly because as one of the OG members you'd expect him to show up in some form. Heck even Sam L who fooled everyone into thinking he didn't get the call got an after credit too.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They might still be...those characters merely 'ceased to exist'. The only characters that died 'for real' we're gamora, loki, Heimdall, vision

I get the feeling some of the people who got snapped won't be coming back either. Who knows where they might go for the movie. Gamora's one is the most "impactful" one though (and one I hope they don't roll back on) and it's going to be hard to imagine how guardians 3 is going to go forward without her.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I get the feeling some of the people who got snapped won't be coming back either. Who knows where they might go for the movie. Gamora's one is the most "impactful" one though (and one I hope they don't roll back on) and it's going to be hard to imagine how guardians 3 is going to go forward without her.

She's in part 2. She said on a red carpet last year that she was going back to film "Gauntlet".

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
I feel like those disappeared went back to the past for a second fighting chance, and maybe the current leftover OG team will have their own fight too. And yea, I agreed, real death so far might only be Heimdall, Loki and Gamora.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
How were the fight scenes with Thanos? Does he get to brawl out against everyone is or is it just a few punches thrown around as he beats everyone easily?

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Close to final scene, he saw lil gamora, she said something, he snaps his finger, gone (probably went back in time?), then a bunch of people disappears, end.

A4 speculation:
What if that planet at the end is Titan before it was destroyed, which is why they're traveling in time in A4? Thanos with the gaunlet is in the past, and that's where they have to fight him.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Just saw it. It was good, unlike Age of Ultron.

The ending was cool but I'm really curious about the sequel now... they could go back in time, but if they can save the characters who turned to ashes, why wouldn't they also save the characters killed earlier ?

The impact of all previous deaths is actually lessened by the ending. Not sure what to think.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
U know what....feige was right. After sitting through my thoughts, this is indeed a thanos movie first & foremost..

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
A4 speculation:
What if that planet at the end is Titan before it was destroyed, which is why they're traveling in time in A4? Thanos with the gaunlet is in the past, and that's where they have to fight him.
Yep. That's what I thought too, looks like pre-destroyed Titan. Maybe those disappeared characters will fight him there.

U know what....feige was right. After sitting through my thoughts, this is indeed a thanos movie first & foremost..
Oh without a doubt for sure, that was what immediately came to my mind after watching it too.
Movie definitely had a lot of cuts but I was hoping to see Capt picking his shield.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Yep. That's what I thought too, looks like pre-destroyed Titan. Maybe those disappeared characters will fight him there.

No those disappeared characters are dead, but
Future Tony and Scott will travel back in time and put together a team of Avengers across history such as Battle of New York Steve and Thor and 90s Captain Marvel to fight him there.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Aside from the Hawkeye stuff, I was expecting the same thing tbh. But now that we know what went down in Infinity War, it looks like Avengers 4 is going to be the last movie featuring all of the OG Avengers for one last story. It actually makes alot of sense now, especially since its the last time for most of them under their current contracts. Pretty cool setup.

If Avengers 4 is the finale for these heroes, the next one, whenever it comes lol, could be called New Avengers.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
That's DEFINITELY time traveling alright.
'

Future Tony and Scott will travel back in time and put together a team of Avengers across history such as Battle of New York Steve and Thor and 90s Captain Marvel to fight him there.
Oh shit, yea it's accurate to the set photo for sure. One year wait suddenly became worse now.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017

Man, I can't get hype I need to wait a whole year!

Why Cap he didn't disappear

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed they're seemingly going to use past Thor, the current one is much cooler and stronger

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I mean the ending was worth the entire saga. I mean wtf. The movie had a lot of fucking flaws and stupid decisions made by everyone just to progress the journey. I mean too many stupid decisions.

I'm sure they'll use time stone or something and bring back the dead but, damn they did it.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Maybe Cap is broken like in Age of Ultron run, also opens the door to drop Cap back in his timeline.

I mean Bucky vanished right in front of him. Could be broken, retired, or maybe even the director of SHIELD who forbids Tony from doing anything. Would be a reversal of roles from Civil War.

Dec 13, 2017
Hi guys, I'm going in spoiler free, but there is just one thing I want to know so I can temper my expectations. I just want to know how Spidey is in this movie. Is it like Civil War? He was one of my favorite parts of that movie, and I'm getting the feeling he'll be shafted with a bigger cast in favor of the guardians and Thor. I don't want any crazy details, just tell me if Spidey is awesome in this movie or not.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Hi guys, I'm going in spoiler free, but there is just one thing I want to know so I can temper my expectations. I just want to know how Spidey is in this movie. Is it like Civil War? He was one of my favorite parts of that movie, and I'm getting the feeling he'll be shafted with a bigger cast in favor of the guardians and Thor. I don't want any crazy details, just tell me if Spidey is awesome in this movie or not.
Yes, definitely more screen time than most other bigger heroes.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

Spidey is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.