• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even know.

Jar-Jar-SWSB-png--images-jpg.jpeg

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Watched Thor Ragnarok last night and absolutely loved it. There were times when the cg looked great, and times when it looked kind of bad (Hela vs. the asgard army) but overall it was decent. I really enjoyed how colorful everything was.

Only have GotG 2 and Black Panther left to watch and I'm all caught up. Pretty hyped for this.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The practical suits are also CGIed in post, I think I saw a making-of for Civil War and they replaced the practical suit by a CGI one

Edit : found it :

Most of the suits are "painted over" CGI at this point. Bettany sits for 4 hours of makeup and his face is still CGI'd. Cap's and Widow's figure, bulkiness and proportions, gets "adjusted", etc

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well....

I think they use a model when Spawn is on top of him, but when he's not it's not very good. That whole scene is really bad.
I only saw this movie like, once, and I was around 7 years old at the time so I don't remember much of it but holy moly I almost want to say that one Eiffel 65 music video had more convincing CG and cinematography than this.

Then again I guess it's an apt interpretation of the source material that Spawn looks like a low-grade 90s music video for a nu metal band.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At the risk of ruining future CGI-heavy movies for myself, where in the image are you looking where the fabric doesn't react as expected?

Neck I would assume.

Either way, I also lean towards CGI. There's something about it that makes it look CG. Looks good though.

Maybe it's the actor, but with some CG enhancements.

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Look at the neck. Spandex doesn't glue itself to skin, it stretches or creases. This literally looks like a second skin.
Ahh, gotcha. It's similar to what took place with black panther in civil war (in the youtube video above). The CGI process removes wrinkles and creases. Personally material behavior doesn't "take me out of it" as long as it's consistent -- I'm generally more thrown off by poor animation and texture / shading / lighting work.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The practical suits are also CGIed in post, I think I saw a making-of for Civil War and they replaced the practical suit by a CGI one

Edit : found it :

This is just crazy! Why even bother using CGI for some of those scene with BP vs WS lol? Especially the scene with WS holding BPs hands from his face. Atleast Cap wears his suit with the only CGI being his shield (which is just as crazy too lol).

luca

Oct 25, 2017
A new TV spot is out showing some new footage.

Like the Iron Man armor bleeding onto Tony Stark. Some Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange. And that "language" exchange between Star-Lord and Groot.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
This is just crazy! Why even bother using CGI for some of those scene with BP vs WS lol? Especially the scene with WS holding BPs hands from his face. Atleast Cap wears his suit with the only CGI being his shield (which is just as crazy too lol).
I think using CGI allows them to a) adjust the look of the suit much later in the process, b) reduce bulkiness / make the suit tighter than would be possible without inordinately constricting the performer, c) completely control lighting / make adjustments. To your question, my guess is that there are minor differences between the original hands / claws and the final approved design of the suit.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I was expecting to see Dwayne Johnson in CGI as The Scorpion King from that Mummy movie get posted.
Or the injustice done to Henry Cavill's mouth area in JL.

I actually don't know how to post pics on here it's shameful.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's as good as it will look considering the whole suit is pure CGI.

The reason Thanos looks good is because Brolin is wearing makeup and they ad CG on top.

Iron Man 1, RDJ was wearing a practical suit with only the mechanical parts CGI'd.

Now RDJ is getting the royal treatment, so it will never look better than that.

Both of these claims are wrong.
Thanos is entirely CG and the practical suit wasn't used much in IM1.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not sure what I think about Iron Man having a vibranium suit. I miss the days of it feeling real and heavy.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Did anyone have their mask on in that trailer or in the poster? For fuck's sake, even Spider Man isn't wearing his mask. I know this is nothing new, but I really hate the marketing of Marvel Studios movies. But I guess they have masks when showing the cheap looking CG fight scenes..

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iron Man should get a vibranium suit. Such an obvious upgrade, and T'Challa could make it happen.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone have their mask on in that trailer or in the poster? For fuck's sake, even Spider Man isn't wearing his mask. I know this is nothing new, but I really hate the marketing of Marvel Studios movies. But I guess they have masks when showing the cheap looking CG fight scenes..
Well why would they have their mask on when they aren't in the middle of action?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So who is ordering this?

unnamedt8szb.jpg

unnamed-1dgs7a.jpg

unnamed-20asm1.jpg

unnamed-3ovs1x.jpg

Birth.Movies.Death. AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Issue

The time has come! Alamo Drafthouse and Birth.Movies.Death. are celebrating the release of AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR with a gorgeous new collectible magazine.

Featuring an exclusive Mondo cover by artist Matt Taylor, a gigantic spread featuring some of Mondo's all-time best Marvel posters, and a slew of deep-dive essays dedicated to our favorite Avengers, this issue is mandatory reading.

$8.00 US

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Why yes, Black Panther put his on, Iron Man had his on when he flew to the portal, Star-Lord had his on when he was jumping on Dr Strange's magic platform things and Spider-Man had his on the side of the bus and when he was swinging through Titan's debris.

It's not vibranium as far as we know.

Nanobots son!!!