unnamed-3ovs1x.jpg

Birth.Movies.Death. AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Issue

$8.00 US

Copped.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would he, though?
BP knows that following him was a mistake and he was around when Tony went full psycho.
BP didn't even give Cap armor.
I wonder if they will justify not giving everyone Vibranium and Stark upgrades. Nakia has a vibranium Lexus while Cap has those tiny shields, and Spider-man shouldn't be getting Iron man upgrades in front of the core Avengers team. Hawkeye doesn't even have sleeves!

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So Peter is definitely going to get a new suit in Spider-Man 2 right? I'm really not feeling this iteration of Iron Spider. Loses the cool/weird arms, random wrist spikes, and the gold just looks weird and gaudy.

I really hope he ends up designing his own proper suit beyond his hobo gear.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So Peter is definitely going to get a new suit in Spider-Man 2 right? I'm really not feeling this iteration of Iron Spider. Loses the cool/weird arms, random wrist spikes, and the gold just looks weird and gaudy.

This could be what Spidey wears after the next 2 Avengers films.

Image_DLR_Poster_Final-960x1422.jpg

The MCU Iron Spider suit has the extra arms according to merchandise leaks.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017

I like that concept in the Disneyland poster, looks nice. I really want them to drop the AI in the suit though, I get what they were going for with Homecoming but no more.....

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got a question for you comic-knowledgeable people, just how powerful is Spider-man strength-wise? Does he really need an Iron Man suit? I was under the impression he's supposed to be pretty friggin' strong.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is rad!

Also that costume design is fine, but I wish they would ditch the 'outside the costume' web shooters. Seems to be popular recently, but clashes with my nostalgia.
I like that concept in the Disneyland poster, looks nice. I really want them to drop the AI in the suit though, I get what they were going for with Homecoming but no more.....
Yeah it was good for a gag, but it does need to go. Unless Peter starts working on an AI of his own...

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Got a question for you comic-knowledgeable people, just how powerful is Spider-man strength-wise? Does he really need an Iron Man suit? I was under the impression he's supposed to be pretty friggin' strong.

You know what, when they show Peter in the regular Spidey suit on the portal he takes off the mask, I assumed he couldn't breathe well at that altitude was the reason he took it off.

Maybe like the Iron Man armour the Iron Spider-Man suit has tech in place for this purpose?

He held a ferry split in half together is how strong he is in the MCU.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is filmed in Digital IMAX, not 70mm IMAX like Dunkirk.

I thought Dolby Cinema is the best way to watch for most movies? 4K laser, Dolby Atmos, Reclinee seats
All Marvel Studios productions since GOTG have had variable aspect ratio scenes, but only in IMAX-branded theaters. That means that in certain scenes (usually the set piece spectacles) the aspect ratio expands to 1:90:1, putting about 26% more picture on the top and bottom of the screen. It's not as tall as full 70mm IMAX, but 1:90:1 is the maximum AR of standard "lie-max" screens, so everyone benefits as long as the showing is branded IMAX.

Infinity War in particular was filmed 100% with digital IMAX cameras (first film ever to do this), so the entire movie will be projected in 1:90:1 -- but only for IMAX-branded showings. Everyone else gets the standard 2:35:1 crop. Christopher Nolan releases his films with "large format" branding so that even standard premium cinemas (Cinemark XD, Dolby Cinema, etc.) benefit from the increased aspect ratio. Marvel Studios is exclusive to IMAX.

tl;dr -- "IMAX" branding is always the best way to watch Marvel Studios movies. Even if it's not a "true" IMAX theater.

Last edited:

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All Marvel Studios productions since GOTG have had variable aspect ratio scenes, but only in IMAX-branded theaters. That means that in certain scenes (usually the set piece spectacles) the aspect ratio expands to 1:90:1, putting about 26% more picture on the top and bottom of the screen. It's not as tall as full 70mm IMAX, but 1:90:1 is the maximum AR of standard "lie-max" screens, so everyone benefits as long as the showing is branded IMAX.

Infinity War in particular was filmed 100% with digital IMAX cameras (first film ever to do this), so the entire movie will be projected in 1:90:1 -- but only for IMAX-branded showings. Everyone else gets the standard 2:35:1 crop. Christopher Nolan releases his films with "large format" branding so that even standard premium cinemas (Cinemark XD, Dolby Cinema, etc.) benefit from the increased aspect ratio. Marvel Studios is exclusive to IMAX.

tl;dr -- "IMAX" branding is always the best way to watch Marvel Studios movies. Even if it's not a "true" IMAX theater.
To add to this IMAX FINALLY got around to putting a comparison video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K66PrKCWyiM

Basically, you'll get more top and bottom of the movie. It's a little misleading how they make the "colors" a little more vibrant on the IMAX showing as well.

I personally have Dolby Cinema tickets and will probably watch it there because of their recliner chairs (nearly 3hr movie), sound system, and image quality, but I do feel a little bummed I may miss out on some details.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, he's very strong.

We haven't seen the movie yet so we don't know what the suit does or why he's wearing it.

You know what, when they show Peter in the regular Spidey suit on the portal he takes off the mask, I assumed he couldn't breathe well at that altitude was the reason he took it off.

Maybe like the Iron Man armour the Iron Spider-Man suit has tech in place for this purpose?

He held a ferry split in half together is how strong he is in the MCU.

Oh I hadn't noticed he was wearing his regular suit in space. I guess you're right and there's a specific reason he was wearing that thing instead of simple protection.

Does digital IMAX not go higher than 4K?
4K is the max for digital projection in movie theaters. It wouldn't matter if it wasn't, 4K is also the max for digital intermediates.

Last edited:

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
This is filmed in Digital IMAX, not 70mm IMAX like Dunkirk.

I thought Dolby Cinema is the best way to watch for most movies? 4K laser, Dolby Atmos, Reclinee seats

As others have said, IMAX is the best for Marvel. I'm watching at Spectrum in one of the few non-3D showings per day. Recliner seats are nice but not necessary for me. I'll just go rewatch it with my Moviepass at Dolby later.

Also, even if the quality isn't as good, being in a real IMAX theater and having the movie fill up that entire wall is fucking amazing.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As others have said, IMAX is the best for Marvel. I'm watching at Spectrum in one of the few non-3D showings per day. Recliner seats are nice but not necessary for me. I'll just go rewatch it with my Moviepass at Dolby later.
It's also worth mentioning that thus far, only the 3D Blu-rays of the MCU movies have included the variable aspect ratio IMAX scenes. Digital HD and the standard 2D and UHD Blu-rays all have the locked 2:35:1 crop. So unless you do your own 2D rips of the 3D Blu-rays (which is what I do), seeing MCU in an IMAX cinema is the only way you'll ever be able to experience the 1:90:1 content in 2D. Barring future potential home releases, obviously.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It's also worth mentioning that thus far, only the 3D Blu-rays of the MCU movies have included the variable aspect ratio IMAX scenes. Digital HD and the standard 2D and UHD Blu-rays all have the locked 2:35:1 crop. So unless you do your own 2D rips of the 3D Blu-rays (which is what I do), seeing MCU in an IMAX cinema is the only way you'll ever be able to experience the 1:90:1 content in 2D. Barring future potential home releases, obviously.
This is bs

The Last Jedi isn't even released in 3D, so maybe it will be different for Black Panther and Infinity War.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is bs

The Last Jedi isn't even released in 3D, so maybe it will be different for Black Panther and Infinity War.
Unfortunately, TLJ is confirmed to locked to 2:35:1 in all home releases. TFA was the same way. If you misses the IMAX footage in the theater, you missed it period.

It is indeed BS, but that's just the way it is. Yet another reason why Nolan is god.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/117-2...ist-variable-aspect-ratio-movies-blu-ray.html

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, TLJ is confirmed to locked to 2:35:1 in all home releases. TFA was the same way. If you misses the IMAX footage in the theater, you missed it period.

It is indeed BS, but that's just the way it is. Yet another reason why Nolan is god.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/117-2...ist-variable-aspect-ratio-movies-blu-ray.html
Last Jedi never had an expanding aspect ratio in IMAX though. I mean maybe Infinity War won't get a 3D Blu-ray release so it will have the full aspect ratio in 2D.