• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
For an alleged warrior woman, walking around in what seems to be armored high heels? I'd say they are ridiculously impractical.

Yea, I have never understood what heels serves in terms of practicality. Their inclusion has become a trope when it comes to designing women in games (much like the now rightly rebuffed Bikini Armour). In real world, female soliders are not furnished with boots with fashionable heels. I think Nadine's (Uncharted series in general) design stays away from this trope for their female characters and protagonist.

Nov 17, 2017
latest

I also humbly submit this impeccable specimen of badassery
Good, Elma is on the first page. She's a dual gun dual sword wielding badass who doesn't take anyone's shit. I love when Goetia is having a villain monologue and Elma just shoots her like "shut up."

8fd384d65b49dde5ad7688b59242c89f.gif

Put her in fucking Smash, Sakurai.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Here's another from me. Jade from Beyond Good and Evil. She's strong. She's witty. She protects orphans. She saves the planet.

jade__beyond_good_and_evil__by_dasnamilp-d63ni11.png

And I named my daughter after her

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
A bit disappointed with the few mentions of Horizon Zero Dawn and all its amazing, female characters.
There are more than just Aloy, and I absolutely loved the feminist undertone in the game.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Witcher 3 time

2680f85acb456b697a0d36e4590ff8fb.jpg

Cerys An Craite daughter of the Craite clan leader and is in competition with her brother to become ruler of the Skellige Islands takes no shit and willing to put herself on the line.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Baiken from Guilty Gear. She's a samurai with a cool hook claw and other gadgets in place of her severed arm.

2Nhwbwl.png

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Good, Elma is on the first page. She's a dual gun dual sword wielding badass who doesn't take anyone's shit. I love when Goetia is having a villain monologue and Elma just shoots her like "shut up."

8fd384d65b49dde5ad7688b59242c89f.gif

Put her in fucking Smash, Sakurai.

Oh yeah she's my #1 pick with a goddamn bullet for Smash Ultimate since day 1. It really couldn't be anyone else from XBX, she's that good of a char

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Amazon is apparently made to be sexy but near-grotesque at the same time. Never played the game so i can't comment on the total character but the look has the power to send people bouncing off the walls lol. I think its cool.

Last edited:

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
A badly proportioned, super sexualized design deserves all the criticism.

There's a bit of an uncomfortable pattern though, that people accuse thicker women of being "more sexualised" and "obscenely disproportionate" while overlooking women with unrealistic proportions and poses designed for male gaze as long as they're conventionally demure and on the slimmer/shorter side.

Oct 28, 2017
Lady from Devil May Cry 3. She's a badass despite not having any demonic powers while helping the main character grow and having her own journey throughout the game.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
There's a bit of an uncomfortable pattern though, that people accuse thicker women of being "more sexualised" and "obscenely disproportionate" while overlooking women with unrealistic proportions and poses designed for male gaze as long as they're conventionally demure and on the slimmer/shorter side.
The proportions and bodies of all the characters in Dragon's Crown border on parody. I'm not sure how it's a point of contention whether they are sexualized or disproportionate.

Jan 11, 2018
I don't think NMH 3 is gonna make it next year. Bayonetta 3 will though for sure. Who knows what's going on with Pikmin 4. BotW 2 is 50/50. Odyssey 2 is 50/50 (though personally I'm hoping for Captain Toad 2 first). A new 2D Metroid by Sakamoto/MS is my most wanted, but I call it 40/60 for next year (I do think one is in development though, not confident it would release next year). Prime 4 has no chance whatsoever. Not holding my breath for anything by Retro anymore.

Oct 28, 2017
People defending it as not being absurdist however is beyond the pale of what might be considered reasonable. Whether it's a defense of the style or an argument.
dunno why, i love it and i admit it's absurd. the paladin is a body builder who skipped leg day all his life and the dwarf is a rock with muscles on top of other muscles

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
dunno why, i love it and i admit it's absurd. the paladin is a body builder who skipped leg day all his life and the dwarf is a rock with muscles on top of other muscles
As long as you're willing to admit that it's basically not representative of a human's body, and that it's blatantly sexualized and objectifying, well, you do you I guess.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
latest

Miss Tatsu - Yakuza 0

Miss Tatsu appears as a volatile, but a somewhat friendly and straightforward individual to those who don't have any debts to pay. To those who do have debts, she is considered extremely ruthless and abrasive, so much so that people have been rumored to flee the country after hearing she was coming to collect. Her fighting style is so extreme she becomes a trainer to Kiryu a formidable Yakuza, giving him his strongest style.