• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

[Barrons] Apple’s Next Big Move? It Should Buy Nintendo

Oct 27, 2017
Apple buying a toy company is a bad idea. The reason being Apple likes to design hardware themselves while Nintendo would have a weak output if they had to work on Apple hardware. There is no synergy. They’re both very succesfull because they have full control over what they want to do next with hardware and software.

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/01/14/3-apple-buyout-candidates-that-dont-make-sense.aspx

https://nintendeal.com/news/shares-...ested-apple-should-purchase-the-gaming-giant/
"The rally behind the rising Nintendo stock will likely be short-lived as the potential for a merger or acquisition are completely unclear and at this point purely based on media speculation. "
Currently rally is likely speculation of 20m being hit and people bidding up the price on speculation.

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I've always found Nintendo's stock price in any short term view (1 month, 3 months, even 6 months) to be an incredibly unpredictable thing. It suggests that their investors are very fickle, and that in turn suggests that actually, articles like this one do have an impact.

If you look at their price just before Switch announcement and compare it to today, then that tells you all you need to know. As to why it's dropped so much from last year, I honestly believe it says more about the people that have invested than Nintendo themselves. I mean, 2019 and 2020 have the potential to be enormously successful years for Nintendo. I've no idea why you would sell your stock in 2018. Seems crazy to me.

More specifically on topic though, if Nintendo didn't sell off the back of the Wii U (bare in mind all of their incredible IP had some of their series highlights on that platform, yes I'm including BotW in that) then I'm struggling to see any reason why they'd do it mid-way during the success of Switch.