• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Tay Roc 2-1, Rum Nitty 2-1, Brizz 3-0, Twork 2-1, JC 3-0, Ill Will 2-1 for NOME!

I'm gonna ignorantly say Loso is gonna wash this guy. I've only seen one battle from him though. I think this is the best of both worlds for Loso if it is on the main stage.

Twork gonna challenge Hitman for that highlight reel in a year, the dude is all about creating moments.

Cortez VS. O Red
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StEX4mRzUq0

Fantastic battle.......Red FUCKED him up *ahem* >_>

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Twork sounding gassed like Prep right before Prep got sent to where Rich Dolarz' at.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I feel you, but it's Suge.
Suge is a continual dark horse for me, and I'm past the point where I doubt him. He wasn't supposed to beat Ave, T-Top, Mike P, etc. but he shows up and shows out. Like Tech said, he ends up winning somehow, and does so over and over again. In my head he's still that mediocre battle rapper he was like 5 years ago but he's not.

EDIT: JC still talking mad shit lol when the other person doesn't show up for a face-off I feel like I start to edge the person who does show up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Surf kinda sonning Rum Nitty while talking that shit right now. Bruh exudes vet status. His arms are also literally 2x the size of Nitty's.

I miss Surf. I still think he's overrated but man, the shoes fit.

Surf locked in for Summer Madness too? Wonder who he got.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I got Scotty 2-1. Let's goooooooooo

EDIT: dat Avocado production value

EDIT2: looks like it's finally starting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Houston crowd is dumb live, very impressed how poised both Loso and Scotty are on this massive stage. Mic issues not a good look, seemed like they figured them out quick.

Loso was going wild. Scotty is DRIPPING charisma. I tried to tell y'all Scotty is a STAR, even though he's on his home stage.

Dunno who I'd give the first. Maybe edge Scotty for impact but I think Loso had more material (which was all good).

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if crowd is biased or Loso's stuff was kinda up and down (probably a bit of both), but they couldn't help but cheer at that Mike Jones shit whew

Clear 2nd for Scotty IMO. SO MUCH SAUCE.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Scotty was CLEARLY a sacrifice this evening lol
You wildin', just like those in the crowd chanting 3-0. Still a bad look for Scotty that even briefly happened though. Scotty closed that 3rd off right and Loso spent it fumbling. I'm inclined to give Loso the edge.

Think I got Scotty 2-1 debatable. Only 2nd is clear for Scotty.

Now to hunt for a stream lol

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
You wildin', just like those in the crowd chanting 3-0. Still a bad look for Scotty that even briefly happened though. Scotty closed that 3rd off right and Loso spent it fumbling. I'm inclined to give Loso the edge.

Think I got Scotty 2-1 debatable. Only 2nd is clear for Scotty.

Now to hunt for a stream lol
This is a 3-0, maybe a light 3-0, but a 3-0. His material was just not there. Loso wasn't super crazy, but he definitely came with better bars and better structured material overall. Scotty is good with a crowd, he ended his third well and started his first well. He just wasn't able to maintain the momentum because his set-ups and punches were lacking and many of them were outdated.

Let me know if you find something, im considering buying it...I wanna support...but $50 is JUST in "goddamn" territory for me, if it had been $30 it would've been a no brainer.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Missed DNA vs. JC, but glad Reed Dollaz and T-Rex is finally gonna happen and we're gonna get it over with. And I'm kind of happy it's on SM7 too, probably don't have to pay Reed as much so it opens up a bigger budget for real top tiers.

Ooh Hitman battling someone on this card? I still think it's Twork.

Smack is TWISTED right now lmao

Shotgun Suge not wasting ANY time. Suge gotta be one of the best performers out. This battle is going to keep the crowd awake.

This is a 3-0, maybe a light 3-0, but a 3-0. His material was just not there. Loso wasn't super crazy, but he definitely came with better bars and better structured material overall. Scotty is good with a crowd, he ended his third well and started his first well. He just wasn't able to maintain the momentum because his set-ups and punches were lacking and many of them were outdated.
I can see this, I just think Loso is a bit more generic in his delivery. Scotty has a unique style that's not necessarily just lots of punches or even a dense round, and it's kind of refreshing, even if his set ups don't have punches embedded in them like someone like JC/Clips/Mike P might do.

EDIT: THE ENERGY IN THIS SUGE/TWORK BATTLE AND AUDIENCE IS INFECTIOUS

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I KNOW! The energy is crazy! Crowd is perfect for Twork.

JC got DNA 2-1, 2nd and 3rd but was kind of all over the place in the 3rd. DNA's first was great with the crowd, they HATED his second.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I don't know after that first round. I like how consistent Suge was but Twork turned up something crazy at moments. That Jack & the beanstalk line was CRAZY but got little reaction, same with the Venn Diagram shit. Not mad if someone gives it either way but I think people will edge Twork. I think I'm becoming a Suge fan because he's so consistent and doesn't have any wasted or throwaway bars.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is hella close, Suge definitely running out of steam, though....hit that water!

Twork 2-1. That strapped in was crazy! Suge did REALLY well though, great battle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Weaker 2nd from both but I think Twork had bigger highs. 1-1 for me.

That Impala bar in Suge's 3rd, whew. Not enough though, I think. Twork had a ton of shit in his 3rd, not all of it got reaction but it was fire. Super aggressive though. Glad Suge was cool about it, but he was pushing it. That strapped in sealed it. Jesus.

2-1 Twork with Suge in the 1st I think.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
What I miss?! Grabbed dinner while Brizz/Clips was going on (and off lol).
I guess Clips won, but they were both battling the crowd more than each other. Shit was bad. Brizz got two terrible battles on big stages. I hope he shows out against Nitty, he NEEDS it. Looking shaky. But it was a predictably bad battle.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
SM7 AND SM8

SMACK going CRAZY this year, also he's drunk as hell lmao

HDD AND JJDD AS SM8 MAIN EVENT

god who is going to stop smack, KOTD might as well fold it up with all these events

CHARLIE CHIP CLIPS

LMAOOOOOO

SM8 IN UK?

DAFUUUUUUUUQ

Smack done said too much now the crowd is rowdy as fuck, city of texas lmaoo he's gone

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
No Hollow VS. Iron or Mook....but John John.....goddammit. Great for the UK though, really big for them and URL branching out.

I hope Goodz and Roc bring back the crowd.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the crowd is way more excited for Roc. EXCELLENT rounds from both.

Man... I had Goodz but Roc had so much good wordplay. Don't really care who got it, debatable. This wasn't even on my radar but looks like it's going to be a good battle.

ACTUALLY AFTER THAT THIS IS YOUR KING LINE..............

No Hollow VS. Iron or Mook....but John John.....goddammit. Great for the UK though, really big for them and URL branching out.

I hope Goodz and Roc bring back the crowd.
Those are weird matchups IMO.

Iron deserves that stage though.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I think both make more sense from a style and status perspective. I don't think John John should be getting Hollow, on the main event of Summer Madness yet. I think there are better people in line. But whatever, they'll happen eventually.

This battle is GREAT. Roc is working though, the angles, the punches, the energy...all at a pretty consistent level. Goodz can't match Roc's energy....and as I say that the boos come lmao

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
These are two consummate professionals rapping. Really shows the separation between the professional battle rappers who prep every time from the vets that only do when they're motivated.

Goodz is turning up his energy just enough but being himself, it's a really smart adaptation IMO. Roc just had too many dry spots and Goodz was more cohesive in the 2nd.

1-1.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Think I got Roc 2-1, but it's a great battle and is going to age well IMO. I really wasn't hype for this at all but it was great all through.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Think I got Roc 2-1, but it's a great battle and is going to age well IMO. I really wasn't hype for this at all but it was great all through.
I think both their 3rds were just ok. Roc needed a seatbelt moment to take it for me. 2-1 either way. Can't call it. Maaaaybe Roc. Still can't believe Roc got booed.

Crowd kinda sleep, but Top getting 30'd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
My internet is all fucked up and skipped all throughout Top/Ill Will so I only caught Ill Will's first. And now it's looking like its doing the same during Rum's first round :(

EDIT: Didn't catch everything, but I think I edge Rum in the 1st.

EDIT2: That freestyle was nice but Rum barred Surf's life away in the 2nd.. I love the X-Men and Star Wars even more but dafuq is he doing with all these geeky schemes

And Surf choked in the third?

This is a 30. Wow. I didn't see this happening like this.

Last edited:

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
WOOOOOOOW. Lush one called it, it's what he has always done. Goddamn!!! Nitty 3-0. Them bars were a step above his. Hella quotable, and he finally had some substance with more than gun bars. I'm kinda proud of him. Surf really did shit on the crowd with that though, nigga just gave up.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, fuck Tsu Surf...

I guess I got it Loso 3-0, JC 2-1, Twork 2-1, Will 3-0, Roc 2-1, Nitty 3-0

Clips and Brizz both lost.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
I mean i'm down for the hype and drama. Battlerap is sorely missing good rivalries. I still think this battle is gonna be trash on a big stage in 2018. The crowd will boo heavy, and they'll be fighting with the audience, calling it now. Should be in a small room. But i'm glad the people are finally getting it. I heard murmurs of Cassidy coming back...if that happens...especially if it's on a big stage...incoming trainwreck.

OP
OP
enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
KOTD: Head I.C.E. vs. Gorilla Nems.

Nems kinda shaky TBH, he's not even doing as well as Reed did when Reed came back. Just swearing a lot, loudly, saying a LOT of nothing, like Arsonal at his worst; the disrespectful style is the worst, low-hanging fruit of battle rap styles. 2-1 I.C.E. with Nems in the third.

IDK y'all, I.C.E. is super light, he's been autopilot for most of his career. If he didn't have the presence and OG status he'd get obliterated by PGs on URL. I even think Joe would wash him.

uhnomoli

Oct 29, 2017
I.C.E. is awful and his title run has been nothing besides a marketing ploy. He's the champ of saying nothing. At this point KotD is the WWE of battle rap.

Ninja_Hawk

Oct 27, 2017
......Uh...everything lmao

Luckily you're here just in time for Initiation! : D

I got through one round of ICE/Nems....terrible battle. Deserves no further analysis from me.

EchosMyron

Jun 29, 2018
Watching KOTD battles in 2018? Bit of a throwback but I suppose I could manage it.

lol

Initiation is about to be crazy, though. I'm looking forward to it more than the RBE "supercard" even with the leaked Soul Khan announcement. Hyped on Danny Myers vs Twork because Danny has legitimately been regaining his stock on URL lately. The vs Shine battle helped him immensely. If he can pull a clear victory over Twork then he'll be on fire and a potential contender for Champion Of The Year.

Can't believe he used that space time continuum bar on such a small platform. That could have been a Tay Roc seat-belt caliber room shaker in front of the right crowd. Those are the kind of bars he needs for Twork.