• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You sometimes forget devs are humans also.

qxynqfuutwv11.jpg

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Next week.

Coming Next Week
  • Launch
    • November 9th – Battlefield V Early Access Begins on Origin Access and EA Access
  • Trailers
    • Battlefield V Official Launch Trailer
  • Blogs
    • Battlefield V PC Player's Guide - Prepare your best rig and reap the benefits of Battlefield on PC. (Rescheduled.)
    • How to Play Grand Operations – Pro tips from our DICE developers on how to play Grand Operations.
    • Battlefield V Overview – Covering everything that BFV has to offer at launch.
    • New to Battlefield V? Here's Where You Should Start – Beginners guide to BFV.
    • Battlefield V Bootcamp – Series of tips and tricks to help you on the Battlefield.
  • Articles
    • Battlefield V Launch Notes – Comprehensive rundown of all of the changes and improvements we've made to Battlefield V since Open Beta.
  • Videos
    • Battlefield V Dev Talks #7: Grand Operations – An insider look at the development of one of the new fan favorite modes, Grand Operations.
    • Surprises coming!

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Really getting more excited for this. After that turd that is Black Ops 4, i need a good working, fun to play Multiplayer again.

And i had plenty of fun with the beta besides some tiny issues they hopefully adressed now.

ɣGammaɣ

Oct 26, 2017
the middle of the woods
Looking forward to play it, one question I have on my mind. When I remember correctly in the Beta it was not possible to dial in the HDR slider on higher numbers (nits). Do we have confirmation that it works the same as in bf1?

Btw. I love how it's handled in BF1. Just set it to the capabilities of your TV and be done with it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Next week.

Coming Next Week
  • Launch
    • November 9th – Battlefield V Early Access Begins on Origin Access and EA Access
  • Trailers
    • Battlefield V Official Launch Trailer
  • Blogs
    • Battlefield V PC Player's Guide - Prepare your best rig and reap the benefits of Battlefield on PC. (Rescheduled.)
    • How to Play Grand Operations – Pro tips from our DICE developers on how to play Grand Operations.
    • Battlefield V Overview – Covering everything that BFV has to offer at launch.
    • New to Battlefield V? Here's Where You Should Start – Beginners guide to BFV.
    • Battlefield V Bootcamp – Series of tips and tricks to help you on the Battlefield.
  • Articles
    • Battlefield V Launch Notes – Comprehensive rundown of all of the changes and improvements we've made to Battlefield V since Open Beta.
  • Videos
    • Battlefield V Dev Talks #7: Grand Operations – An insider look at the development of one of the new fan favorite modes, Grand Operations.
    • Surprises coming!

9th is the 10 hour trial right?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For basic Origin and EA Access. Yeah. Origin premiere starts also on the 9th but is not limited to a 10 hour trial.

Ahh thougt so. Will probably play the 10 hours and then have to wait full of hype for a few days till it fully launches with Access and the Deluxe edition. Damn, the wait is real.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
i will also play the 10 hrs and see if i like it.
im a huge bf fan but i didnt like bf1 cause it didnt have a lot of vehicles.

will bf5 be like bf1 where you need to spawn as tank driver? or can everyone just jump in a tank and drive off?

Ethan Hutn

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
Man, they always make multiplayer look a lot more interesting then it actually is. I know it's marketing but all those choreographed shots and only in battlefield moments rarely happen.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man, they always make multiplayer look a lot more interesting then it actually is. I know it's marketing but all those choreographed shots and only in battlefield moments rarely happen.
I think they actually happen frequently, just not all to one person. They condense them to show what the core of BF is at makes it different from CoD etc.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I think they actually happen frequently, just not all to one person. They condense them to show what the core of BF is at makes it different from CoD etc.
Indeed. It's why there are so many of them on youtube and reddit. With the advent of always on game DVR, you actually get to see them not just in trailers. And if they happen every 10 hours or so of gameplay, they are epic enough to keep you playing 10 more.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think since BC2, those ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD moments have been real consistent in my experience. Always seem to have a "OH HOLY SHIT" moment at least once a game lol.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it might depend of your playstyle, if you sit at corner of the map sniping dont expect to have amazing BF moments for example.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

Rarely? Like others have said, they happen often.

Those BF moments are the reason I keep coming back. One of my favorites from this game that was posted in another BF thread, was a player was saved from being run over by a tank, because of a shock wave, caused by an explosion nearby, knocked the player down.

I'm sure someone knows the video I'm talking about. Post it please.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I'm REALLY hoping BFV makes me feel like 16-17 year discovering/falling-in-love with BF1942 all over again <3

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I think it might depend of your playstyle, if you sit at corner of the map sniping dont expect to have amazing BF moments for example.
Pretty much. I find that the moments happen most often on offense when charging an area/group/position and when using the vehicles, side abilities and weapons, not just mains.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to get really excited for this. I got tired of bf1 about 6 months ago and haven't really had a "go to" multiplayer game since then.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered when it was screwed up, but I gotta say, they kicked this mess greatly. Communication, fixing that non-WWII shits have severely reduced that negativity. Everything feels good, sounds good... Now only important thing is smooth progression of the period after the game was released. Can't wait to play.

Cubaneyes

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

well its why battlefield moments was a thing for awhile, those moments are what keep driving me back to this series. i cant think of any other multiplayer game that leaves long lasting memories like the battlefield series has

i do notice you get crazier moments when you play on hardcore mode, maybe because everything is a bit more intense

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered when it was screwed up, but I gotta say, they kicked this mess greatly. Communication, fixing that non-WWII shits have severely reduced that negativity. Everything feels good, sounds good... Now only important thing is smooth progression of the period after the game was released. Can't wait to play.
The communication has been top notch. Like really good. Also very open on Twitter lots of AMA's on Reddit. Sharing things of development like i posted above. For a couple of months now. Dont think the big gaming community saw it but the BF community for sure saw it.
People will probably say they did this because of the reveal. I think it was always the plan they already said since the reveal they wanted to be more open. Think thats a (new) EA thing also. Anthem devs are showing and sharing alot also.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Customization looks dope. Looking forward to seeing what we can do with our soldiers.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Any word how big the day 1 patch is yet? Might go digital delux if it isn't big, 5 days early access is a lot.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Confirmed: They put the worst maps in the beta.lol. jk(tho Narvik does suck imo). Really tho, these maps look like total fun. Im ready for launch day.
DICE has been doing that since forever. The beta map for BF1 was Sinai Desert and the beta map for BF3 was Operation Metro. Sinai was a terrible conquest map and Metro was a infantry only Rush map. I mean it's a pretty good Rush map but it's dumb to make it the beta map in a game where conquest is the star mode.

BF4 was the exception with Siege of Shanghai as the beta map which was great. Still, this seems to be a recurring thing with DICE.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I am excited for this...

With this, Red Dead 2, and Fallout 76, I won't need to buy a new game at all next year... I won't NEED to, but I will.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Is ducking going to be at launch? I see tank gunners getting popped left and right easily in the leaked vids.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
I think they said it was already added to the game in one of their tweet. I hope it will be there at launch...