• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I always forget about the BR mode. I still can't believe they are adding it to BFV. Like what the hell?! Those resources could be spend on more maps or something.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
So how do you get more special assignments? Did all the basic ones for the classes and there's nothing else.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Why not?
I get the hate for the selfish idiots that camp on the maps edges all match, but you're missing out on some great guns (the self-loading rifles are great) and some great and very helpful gadgets/combat roles (automatic spotting if you hit an enemy for example)

Yeah - its not a hate thing. I did recon a bit in BF1. It just generally doesn't suit my playstyle/I'm not good enough at it to suit my playstyle.

I like to flank and push objectives and whilst you can do it with recon I lack the skill with that class to be good at anything other than holding down a lane - which isn't my thing generally.

Feb 19, 2018
The V1 can clear a point in one second.
You can get two Sturmtiger for the price of one V1, which also means that you can get the first Tiger twice as fast (or at all, if you got the usual squad of randoms on a losing team not going for objectives) and it's a great tank which is extremely good at defending points. Also you're not always going to play maps or game modes where at least 10 enemy players conveniently gather on one point.

Crocodile however is utter crap, while the AT trucks are solid in theory but way too team work reliant (aka, you need either a good driver who is okay with not getting many points thanks to not having a gun or not suffering the misfortune of some dude on your squad who is looking at the spawn screen when you order it just wasting it as suicide taxi), not to mention it suffering in the era of OP Panzerfausts (which literally two or three shot it) with Assaults often being the most popular and omnipresent class). The supply drop is a waste of points with the extremely low TTK and easily available ammunition and health supplies you already get. So hamstring points for the Sturmtiger or V1 (which is notn really a choice for those playing Allies) is the way to go.

To something unrelated: Really loving the recon class with the Russian Winchester. The gun not only shoots as fast as any semi-automatic, but also has great range and does 45-60 damage per hit. This and the spawn beacons mark a most glorious return to the BF3 era aggressive recons, which is great with how meh sniper rifles are (which aren't my play style anyway.

But man is playing medic suffering unless you want to be a heal- and revivebot... especially on all those wide and open maps. Medics really should get their instant revive syringes, or at least some carbine for open maps. Why do Assaults get all the semi-autos anyway when they already get extremely strong and versatile assault-rifles?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Recon - Don't do recon!

Nah Recon for life forever and always. You guys can keep your automatic weapons.

EA8sMz1.jpg

I'm only kind of kidding. I play Recon 90% of the time. The other 10% is the Assault class. Love blowing up no skill vehicle campers.

I don't like being Support or Medic. People expect you to actually do stuff for them and that just does not interest me at all. Whereas Recon and Assault are one man armies.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
What's going on with Conquest servers on PC? There are only 5 available in Europe and they all only have 4 maps in the rotation (Hamada, Twisted Steel, Narvik and Rotterdam).

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah would be really appreciated if the scoreboard would reflect the game mode more. K/D is absolutely unnecessary in comparison to something like "flags captured/flags defended" or "objective kills".

K/D makes scaredy cats out of people because they don't want to have a bad K/D and that is killing off what is important in Grand Operations and Conquest. PTFO.

But BF is somewhat degenerated to a bit more flashy Team Deathmatch at this point.

Sherlocked

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What's going on with Conquest servers on PC? There are only 5 available in Europe and they all only have 4 maps in the rotation (Hamada, Twisted Steel, Narvik and Rotterdam).

Think there is something wrong with the server browser. There is no way that there are only 5 when you click on matchmaking and get into fresh games in mere seconds.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
I always forget about the BR mode. I still can't believe they are adding it to BFV. Like what the hell?! Those resources could be spend on more maps or something.

It seems like they are doing something very BF with it rather than just copying the BR formula so I'm happy for the resources to be spent on it. New and different but still BF? Yes please.

questionmark

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else using Shadow Play experience 1/4 of their video recordings end up being 720p despite being set to record at 1080p? Never seen that happen in nay other game before.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay yeah this game broke as fuck and its pissing me off and I have only been playing for about 2 hours now. I just had to leave 3 fucking matches in a row because I literally could not deploy. No matter where I chose it kept saying "The deploy point you have chosen is no longer available". I Tried switching squads, switching teams, switching classes, etc etc. Nothing. I literally could not even START playing the god damn game.

Which wouldn't be that big of a deal if it didn't FOR FUCKING EVER to leave a game and find a new one.

WTF DICE

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I didn't get the deluxe version so last night was my first time playing. man this game is great, lots of BC2 and BF3 vibes when playing.

Also randomly really enjoyed playing as a medic, using smoke to close distances then mowing people down, lots of fun.

There are some rough edges but so far this has been a great BF experience gameplay wise.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Is the Sturmgewehr still the best assault weapon? Because I just ran a match where every enemy assault I ran into was using it and absolutely dominating over short and medium range. Like instant kill burst fire.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Sturmgewehr still the best assault weapon? Because I just ran a match where every enemy assault I ran into was using it and absolutely dominating over short and medium range. Like instant kill burst fire.
It's the starting weapon so alot of people use it. Is it the best? Gewehr is great also. But that's a dmr.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Nah, it's actually not very good when it comes to TTK. It was nerfed significantly since the beta. However, it's easy to use and control, so people still use it. When it comes to TTK the M1907 is the best AR, however it has aggressive recoil and takes some time getting used to.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Getting some serious Day of Defeat flashbacks using the MG34. It requires a lame style of play and it takes almost no mechanical skill but it's so satisfying when you hose down like 4-5 enemies in half a second. I'm a level away from getting the MG42. That should be fun.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Getting some serious Day of Defeat flashbacks using the MG34. It requires a lame style of play and it takes almost no mechanical skill but it's so satisfying when you hose down like 4-5 enemies in half a second. I'm a level away from getting the MG42. That should be fun.

Hey man it takes some strategy to figure out how to position yourself and when to move. It's not my favorite playstyle, but it's a nice change of pace. It does feel really good to mow a squad down.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Are there any special assignments coming here and there without counting the weapon assignments, the four starter basic training assignments and the deluxe assignments?
And does someone else find the weapon switch in the tank via mouse wheel to sensitive?

deoee

Oct 25, 2017

Whats your spec on the MG34?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man, based on the LFG feature on Xbox One, the game is already dead and has the same low numbers of people searching for a group as in the deluxe week, so the low numbers weren't just a deluxe early access thing.

As comparison, right now,
People searching for a group, worldwide:
Battlefield V: 50
Fortnite: 1700
Fallout 76: 200
Forza Horizon 4: 60
Black Ops 4: 430
PUBG: 100
RDR2, which doesn't even have a Multiplayer right now: 60

I just can't find people to play with which is crazy since it's a freaking pvp multiplayer game and even worse, one of the biggest, Battlefield! Crazy.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are my Recon kits bugged? They don't have the same gadget options, and I swear they used to.

My Axis Recon has:
- Spotting Scope // Flare Gun
- AP Mine // Spawn Beacon // Sniper Decoy

My Allied Recon has:
- Spotting Scope
- AP Mine // Flare Gun // Spawn Beacon // Sniper Decoy

I think my Allied Recon had the Flare Gun swap from Slot 1 to Slot 2. Am I crazy? wtf?

You have the other subclass selected with your Allied recon then, you can only have spotting scope with that.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Man, based on the LFG feature on Xbox One, the game is already dead and has the same low numbers of people searching for a group as in the deluxe week, so the low numbers weren't just a deluxe early access thing.

I just can't find people to play with which is crazy since it's a freaking pvp multiplayer game and even worse, one of the biggest, Battlefield! Crazy.
I don't think that's a good metric to call a game dead. Yesterday there was more than 150 servers full at conquest only @ps4.

Deleted member 34132

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017

Yeah, for a new release with such a big name it's doing really bad. On german amazon the PS4 version is on #13 and the Xbox version is on #48. In the Media Markt store it doesn't look much better: #14 on PS4 bestellers and #16 on XBox bestsellers.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Interesting. There sure was a lot of negative hype (thanks to the whole "women in mah ww2???" bullshit mainly), November was also full as shit, not to mention a lot of Xbox One owners play EA games through EA Access. I don't think the game risks death, I'll surely find matches in the biggest game modes all the way until the next 1-2 Battlefield games drop, but interesting numbers for sure.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Is the dynamic weather working as intended elenarie ?

The snowstorm looks amazing on Fjell and creates a pretty unique gameplay but i only experienced it twice and im yet to see a sandstorm. Its so rare :(

Rainy weather is pretty common tho and i havent seen a single foggy weather.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Finished off the Gold MP40 last night! The map Devestation is ideal for the final SMGs mastery.

Working on assault again now and I'm loving the Sturm 1-5. This game! How's the STG-44?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

The snowstorm looks amazing on Fjell and creates a pretty unique gameplay but i only experienced it twice and im yet to see a sandstorm. Its so rare :(

Sandstorm turns everything orange and studpily hard to see. On Fjell is makes Cqc exciting!

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

Yep. We got a bunch of feedback from BF1 that fog and stuff was happening too often, so the chances of them appearing were reduced.
But perhaps they were reduced too much. :) We could probably tweak that to happen a bit more often, I guess. :D

Daily reminder of quite unplayable bug (inpossible to aim when it gets stuck like that) with the shotty, elenarie fix soon plz? :>

Should be done soon (tm). (well, it already is, but going live soon (tm)). :p

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yep. We got a bunch of feedback from BF1 that fog and stuff was happening too often, so the chances of them appearing were reduced.
But perhaps they were reduced too much. :) We could probably tweak that to happen a bit more often, I guess. :D

Yes! The weather effects were always the best part of BF1!!! Make it happen more often!

Feb 19, 2018
I feel like this game looks worse than BF1 on a ps4 pro. Am I crazy?
In theory the visuals are better, but the BF1 maps were just more detailed IMO. BF5 feels mostly like empty spaces and houses.

Nah Recon for life forever and always. You guys can keep your automatic weapons.

EA8sMz1.jpg

I'm only kind of kidding. I play Recon 90% of the time. The other 10% is the Assault class. Love blowing up no skill vehicle campers.

I don't like being Support or Medic. People expect you to actually do stuff for them and that just does not interest me at all. Whereas Recon and Assault are one man armies.
To be fair, needing three shots to the chest to kill someone with a bolt-action if your target uses their bandage kit isn't what I would call one shotting. Sure, you can still one-shot headshot, but with TTK as low as it is, that isn't worth much when all the other weapons kill so fast that it hardly makes a difference. You might just as well play DMR Assault or Bipod support if you want long range shootouts, and the former gets to farm vehicles and spam explosives, while the other can farm extra points by simply dropping an ammo crate on some hotspot.

Nah, spawn beacon for objective pushing is where it's at. Thank got recon finally got good guns other than bolt-actions again to go along with it.

Last edited:

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Should be done soon (tm). (well, it already is, but going live soon (tm)). :p

Thats good to hear!
I also think the random weather is a bit too rare now, could up it just a bit, have played almost 100h soon and I have seen just few rains and snowstorms, 0 sandstorms.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, for a new release with such a big name it's doing really bad. On german amazon the PS4 version is on #13 and the Xbox version is on #48. In the Media Markt store it doesn't look much better: #14 on PS4 bestellers and #16 on XBox bestsellers.
It's also out of hourly top 100 Amazon charts. Partly due to Black Friday madness, but it's one of the biggest games now, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.