• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Ok, now THAT was a fucking wacky twist. I'll be interested to hear how the mechanics of this work. I thought the Earth-Prime that Spectre Ollie created was supposed to be more a universe that he birthed and lightly guided from its creation to the present, making it end up similar to the original Earth with National City and Freeland included (and then the Paragons' memory retention and J'onn's powers fill in the gaps), but this makes it seem much more like multiple Earths were literally merged, and that there are at least some serious glitches including doppelgangers sharing a universe.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Episode went from okay to good to great lol.

Hopefully Mary is reconciled with Kate now and can go back to being her charming happy self, because this show is too dark already.

Kate overall actually seemed happier? So that's a positive change in the right direction for this show.

I dig that ending twist, I just hope that Beth doesn't turn out to be Mouse in disguise or some shit.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, now THAT was a fucking wacky twist. I'll be interested to hear how the mechanics of this work. I thought the Earth-Prime that Spectre Ollie created was supposed to be more a universe that he birthed and lightly guided from its creation to the present, making it end up similar to the original Earth with National City and Freeland included (and then the Paragons' memory retention and J'onn's powers fill in the gaps), but this makes it seem much more like multiple Earths were literally merged, and that there are at least some serious glitches including doppelgangers sharing a universe.

combined with Supergirl, this definitely seems to be the state of things for some worlds.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Got you Ma'am. 😆 made it sound she's old

I was worried the hacker will be Tech Crew 2.

good episode. Glad it's back

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
It never occurred to me we'd be getting doppleganger stuff tbh, especially this early after Crisis.

Good to see both Supergirl and Batwoman going full speed on Crisis stuff.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Beth at the end looked like the one in the photo that evil Bruce had. I wonder if this is an in universe thing or Ollie fuckery from Crisis.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Their heart was in the right place with this episode but the writing was absolutely awful and inorganic.

Alice is still the most entertaining character.

Last edited:

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I do think they could've done more with Kate and her sister making up. The hug at the end seemed unearned given their last meeting Mary told her off. Maybe I just missed something.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Episode was decent, I like that Kate is still absolutely awful as a superhero and has to be reminded about secret identity stuff constantly.

That said they could've avoided going for Supergirl tier writing with the teenage girl's "you'll never understand me because of these exact issues you face"

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
The diary parts are gone.

For this episode at least. There's one narrated part but it's not addressed to Bruce and feels a little more natural.

Maybe it'll turn out that the paragons had some kind of subconscious input into the new universe. Kate's deepest wish would be for Beth never to have gone missing. Maybe she willed that version of Beth into existence. (The make-a-wish birthday scene shortly before the end feels like it might be pointing at something like that).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Mouse in a car

Mouse was parked right outside of the high school campus, yes. But the first time we saw brunette Beth she was going into the Gotham City University building. She also referenced that while talking to Kate - saying how her old apartment got turned into a dorm hall.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Alice will kill Beth. I have no doubt. It'll probably happen in S1 finale.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The diary parts are gone.

For this episode at least. There's one narrated part but it's not addressed to Bruce and feels a little more natural.

Maybe it'll turn out that the paragons had some kind of subconscious input into the new universe. Kate's deepest wish would be for Beth never to have gone missing. Maybe she willed that version of Beth into existence. (The make-a-wish birthday scene shortly before the end feels like it might be pointing at something like that).

Kate does tell Beth "This means my wish came true".

Of course, that then raises further questions about this Beth and her memories. Is she some kind of construct who won't realise she never had a life until she's directly asked about it? Is she a Beth from another Earth? Does she have a whole life of faked memories?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Kate does tell Beth "This means my wish came true".

Of course, that then raises further questions about this Beth and her memories. Is she some kind of construct who won't realise she never had a life until she's directly asked about it? Is she a Beth from another Earth? Does she have a whole life of faked memories?

My guess is that it's a Beth from another Earth who just got pulled in during the merge.

They probably can't coexist and will start having shared memories. Eventually they'll merge.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
My guess would be another Beth from another Earth where things went slightly differently. It'd explain why she was talking about what happened to the apartment building and the guy from the office - she thinks that things have changed quickly without anyone telling her, whereas really she's on a different Earth.

She probably has a life of real memories from that Earth of people who now don't exist, like well-adjusted Kate or happy Jacob.

They probably can't coexist and will start having shared memories. Eventually they'll merge.
Or Alice will get jealous and try to kill her to take her place.

Maybe even successfully. That'd be an interesting development.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
My guess would be another Beth from another Earth where things went slightly differently. It'd explain why she was talking about what happened to the apartment building and the guy from the office - she thinks that things have changed quickly without anyone telling her, whereas really she's on a different Earth.

She probably has a life of real memories from that Earth of people who now don't exist, like well-adjusted Kate or happy Jacob.

Or Alice will get jealous and try to kill her to take her place.

Maybe even successfully. That'd be an interesting development.

Remember when Earth-2 Laurel took Earth-1 Laurel's place

and learned how to be a lawyer in like a month of studying lmao and not only that she was the DISTRICT ATTORNEY for the whole city. god damn I'm gonna miss Arrow.

Oct 27, 2017
Beth is going to kill Alice to protect Kate (and lose her mind in the process).

And then every season they'll introduce a new Beth like Flash does with Wells.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Beth merging with Alice to make her somewhat "good" or "sane" again would be fucking awful. I'm hoping she either dies or ends up sent to her universe if it still exists.

The most I'll accept is Beth giving Alice an opportunity to see what things could be like.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn it, even this show has become more interesting due to Crisis. Was largely uninterested until that cliffhanger, can't say I expected that...

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Well that's where their worlds diverged.
And that reminds me, Beth still doesn't know Alice exists here yet, not good.

Creepy Alice being creepy.

Nicely done Luke.