• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm glad with somebody who at least believably passes as a younger teenager, rather than the same 20-year old actresses that got suggested in every other thread.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He's known for Game of Thrones... and absolutely nothing else.

Please don't ruin this with GoT actors.

CsXYAwG.jpg

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lady Mormont is a good pick, from her brief time on GoT.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Gonna be honest, never heard of her. Don't watch GoT.

I'm kinda surprised it's not Kaitlyn Dever, but she is old for the role now I suppose if they're going with 14 year old Ellie.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
We'll see, I liked her in GoT but that's it
Now I can't wait to see the choice for Joel

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I have only seen her as Lyanna in GoT and wasn't particularly impressed but she was young and has probably grown a lot since then. I'm still optimistic though.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Here's the source article OP, article also denies the previous rumors regarding Mahershala Ali playing Joel https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...as-ellie?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

One person not involved with the show is former True Detective star Mahershala Ali, whom geek websites on Wednesday had pegged as having an offer. Ali did circle the role, say sources, but a deal ever came to fruition.

Sounds like Mahershala was interested, but no actual deal was reached.

Still, the fact HBO was open to the idea of a different race for Joel suggests they're more than willing to do new things with this adaptation.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
eh... based on her roles in both GoT and His Dark Materials, I'm not feeling it. Both of those roles she's playing hardened, tough as nails characters. Ellie's for sure been through some shit, but she still had soft edges, imo. But we'll see. Good for her, regardless.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
She's also a young, adventerous blue-haired girl who likes cucumber sandwiches and tea :D

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I were just talking about her! She is in His Dark Materials and is also the voice of Hilda in Netflix's Hilda. I thought I had recognized her voice from the former and guessed that she was the voice for the latter and looked her up on IMDB yesterday.

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't think she's very good. Didn't like her in GOT and thought she was pretty bad in HDM, but ok.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I can see her getting fierce after watching GOT and Dark Materials.

Also glad they're hiring a teenager.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Im not taking crazy pills here right, Ellie was originally based on Elliot Page and looked even more like him in the initial reveals, correct?

Edit: Just found out the person in question is a trans man, edited it.

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
One person not involved with the show is former True Detective star Mahershala Ali, whom geek websites on Wednesday had pegged as having an offer.
dunno why, but calling them "geek websites" tickles me