Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Are... are we the geeks?
there's a simple test

l4VwaWjLrjNPqHMILVTI54nbmC_h-eHnVWXCrw4-KTY.jpg

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Someone better check on that guy who didn't want the casting ruined by GoT actors in the Joel thread. 🥴

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure on her as I only know of her brief moments in game of thrones. Will have to look up some of her other shit but I trust neil

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
it's hard not to see this as HBO 'keeping it in the family' and playing favorites here, Ellie has a very specific American accent and it seems weird to cast a Brit. Something tells me we're gonna get a thick new yawk or bawston accented Ellie

now Mahershala Ali would've been fantastic as Joel, which would have made my doubts disappear, but that's apparently not happening

maybe this'll turn out but im skeptical as of this point

Deleted member 90924

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
Not a fan of the casting. She was very unimpressive in an, albeit limited, role in His Dark Materials season 2.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
she's an awesome choice she's not Hollywood pretty(Perfect in every inch ) she's a more down to earth girl and that's more suited to the tomboyish Ellie look that the character has

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
it's hard not to see this as HBO 'keeping it in the family' and playing favorites here, Ellie has a very specific American accent and it seems weird to cast a Brit.

It's almost as if actors literally have coaches to help them with accent and it's their job to do it and be able to switch when they have to. Have you ever watched TV?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
That's fucking awesome. She was a great Lyanna Mormont and seeing her in more things can't hurt. Really curious to see this show honestly

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guys, Superman and Batman have been played by people outside of America, I'm sure a character like Ellie will survive this.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Funny how people think actors can only do one thing just because they've not seen them do another. Hugh Jackman came from musicals, was nothing like Wolverine and killed it.

Sometimes different works out

Looking forward to seeing her in the role
Hugh is also 30cm taller than Wolverine is supposed to be, didn't hurt one bit I think. In regards of how the actors should physically "fit the part."

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I can see it, accent will be important of course, but I'll wait to hear it first. Shame it seems the Joel rumour was just talks that came to nothing, as that would've made a good Joel & Ellie.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
it's hard not to see this as HBO 'keeping it in the family' and playing favorites here, Ellie has a very specific American accent and it seems weird to cast a Brit. Something tells me we're gonna get a thick new yawk or bawston accented Ellie

now Mahershala Ali would've been fantastic as Joel, which would have made my doubts disappear, but that's apparently not happening

maybe this'll turn out but im skeptical as of this point
They hire brits all the time as americans and you don't always notice, so it's not that weird.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's almost as if actors literally have coaches to help them with accent and it's their job to do it and be able to switch when they have to. Have you ever watched TV?
why, no, i've never seen any sort of media and have no idea how accents work. i had no idea accents could apparently be emulated, and have such a high success rate as to always be authentic and never sound forced or be at all distracting. thanks for the insight.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
Eh, I can't really see this living up to the game no matter who plays Ellie, so I'll probably just skip it.