• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GameZone

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Found this on Reddit:

I contacted Bethesda for a refund on FO76 as it currently runs terribly and I can't even connect to my friends half of the time. This was their response yesterday.

——————————————————————

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Customer Support Team.

Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to begin processing that refund for you right at this moment. There is nothing to worry about though. We'll begin processing the refund as soon as we can and we'll reach back out to you via email to let you know once we've started that process.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,

Bethesda Customer Support

Keep an eye on our official Facebook, Twitter, and website for upcoming news about Bethesda Softworks games here:"

——————————————————————

So today they decided to backtrack on that and sent me this response while I was waiting for my refund to process...

——————————————————————

"Greetings, Thank you for contacting the Bethesda Support Team. Customers who have downloaded the game are not eligible for a refund. We apologize for the inconvenience. If there is anything else we can assist you with please reply to this email for further assistance. Thank you for your patience. Kind Regards, Bethesda Support"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/a00ya7/bethesda_promised_me_a_refund_on_fo76_then_backs/

Very shady of Bethesda. Is this the competition people talk about when publisher decide to not release their games on Steam?

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Fuck yeah Bethesda, you go and burn those fucking bridges.

Also Steam is being outcompeted, Gabe must be shaking and customer is thanking.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you bought this shit game and end up disappointed you deserve to lose the money. I did.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I mean, is Bethesda offering a refund option and is it written in Bethesda launcher TOS? If yes, he has right to ask for a refund, if not, well, next time dont buy broken ass games.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Customers who have looked at the game for longer than 53 seconds are not eligible for a refund.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably two different customer support guys replying; the first full of optimism an passion. The second was his supervisor.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, is Bethesda offering a refund option and is it written in Bethesda launcher TOS? If yes, he has right to ask for a refund, if not, well, next time dont buy broken ass games.
There's a refund request option in their support section. And others have gotten refunds after spending hours with the game.

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
I have basically given up hope on ESVI being a good experience that isn't riddled with this shite. Makes me sad.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
i looked at bethesda's support twitter and it seems like everyone is stuck inside their power armor

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how it would work out if no one bought their games until they worked properly, or at least the gamebreaking stuff was fixed.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
There's a refund request option in their support section. And others have gotten refunds after spending hours with the game.

Yes but:
"If you would like to cancel or get a refund for your Bethesda.net Digital Store pre-order or pre-purchase, you can contact Bethesda Customer Support. Please note that once a game has been released and its game code has been delivered, you will not be able to receive a refund for your order (except as required by applicable law)."

And i think the guy already downloaded and played fallout76 before asking for a refund.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
If they actually got the refund after playing it the blood would be in the water. This is gonna bite them in the ass, but their bottom line won't suffer as much as it would if more people would get the same idea.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Warm regards, just like the steaming turd they delivered with 76.

Stop buying broken-ass games and this won't happen to you.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As much as people shouldn't buy broken games, companies shouldn't be selling broken games either. It actually amazes me on consoles that Microsoft and Sony even allow so many games to be released in the state they're in.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I wonder how it would work out if no one bought their games until they worked properly, or at least the gamebreaking stuff was fixed.

Unfortunately that's a reality we'll never get to experience. Elder Scrolls 6 could light your console or PC on fire when booted and people would still buy it.

I do hope all of this changes Bethesda's attitude towards bug fixing and shipping more stable products.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Did you expect Todd Howard himself to handle the Refunds?
Godd Coward delivers the refunds

personally

Dr16f9QXgAAGMiW.jpg:large

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes but:
"If you would like to cancel or get a refund for your Bethesda.net Digital Store pre-order or pre-purchase, you can contact Bethesda Customer Support. Please note that once a game has been released and its game code has been delivered, you will not be able to receive a refund for your order (except as required by applicable law)."

And i think the guy already downloaded and played fallout76 before asking for a refund.
My point is that people who downloaded and played fallout 76 have gotten refunds in the last few days for the pc version.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
As much as people shouldn't buy broken games, companies shouldn't be selling broken games either. It actually amazes me on consoles that Microsoft and Sony even allow so many games to be released in the state they're in.

Easy. They both make a cut off any sales of the game and the MTX purchased in their online stores. Also, they are just the platform and will not incur any accountable for the quality of the game or the practices of the Publisher/Developer. It's a win win for them.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
If there was every a controversy in the industry that deserves a SuperBunnyHop video its this one. You could a documentary about this mess. No wait FO76 has its own documentary.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Lol can we please stop calling a support agent Bethesda, the refund thing wasn't even remotely close to being an official thing yesterday and yet we had a thread stating such.