• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yes but:
"If you would like to cancel or get a refund for your Bethesda.net Digital Store pre-order or pre-purchase, you can contact Bethesda Customer Support. Please note that once a game has been released and its game code has been delivered, you will not be able to receive a refund for your order (except as required by applicable law)."

And i think the guy already downloaded and played fallout76 before asking for a refund.

Highlighted the important part.

It's the same in Australia. You are entitled to a refund under certain criteria, regardless of the publishers TOS. Steam were recently taken to court over this.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's pretty lucky that Bethesda didn't launch this on Steam, its easier to deny refunds this way.

Kinda makes you wonder if this was the plan all along

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Highlighted the important part.

It's the same in Australia. You are entitled to a refund under certain criteria, regardless of the publishers TOS. Steam were recently taken to court over this.

Yup. If you're in America its "Fuck you, thanks for the money".

Its definitely possible that some people have had such terrible technical problems that they've been sold a non functioning product.

This game is fucking tragic. If this really bombs, I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw a Fallout 5.

Nov 23, 2017
Yup. If you're in America its "Fuck you, thanks for the money".

Its definitely possible that some people have had such terrible technical problems that they've been sold a non functioning product.

This game is fucking tragic. If this really bombs, I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw a Fallout 5.
Found someone who just watched some youtubers video about the game. It's definitely not well designed overall and has bugs endemic to bgs, sure, but this is extreme exaggeration.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Don't buy games for the Bethesda client, ever.

The way they handled Quake Champions on that client was the same. The game was broken, and people couldn't get refunds.

At least Steam will give refunds for truly broken games.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Assuming the people in here saying "don't buy broken games" aren't joking: come on. People should be allowed a refund for stuff that isn't fit for purpose. Like this game.

Karasseram

Jan 15, 2018
People need to learn to punish game companies when they put out shit products. Don't pre-order wait for reviews etc so you can make an educated decision.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Didn't even wanted this game at first place. Wanted TES VI, but now I'm afraid over incompetence of the developer.

I'll give a go when is sub 10 USD. But I'm not expecting anything good.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Do you say the same about support agents at other company's

Yes? Refunds with no questions aren't an official policy until the company says so. Why would Bethesda be any different?

I'm sorry if they did say something about this, I'll look for it now. Their official tos says they give no refunds, at least till yesterday.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There was a beta and much videos online, I think if you decided to buy the game after all that with no research (especially after what previous Bethesda games have been like and adding in the risky multiplayer part) then really you have to live with it.

I had to live with my decision buying Colonial Marines, so suck it up :D

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Curious how Bethesda is going to get out of this mess. Fallout 76 has killed a looooot of goodwill.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
"Promised" lol.

No, they said they'd process it later, which they did. And it was declined, as it's against policy.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm using this thread to take notes for how to handle future cases. So when I need a refund on PSN and they say no I can't say Sony doesn't allow refunds I have to say "support agent" won't allow it.

Deleted member 34385

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Next time don't pre order and don't buy games day one. I always wait a week for some previews. Never had any issues with any games I bought since

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got my refund from the Bethesda store. Not sure my playtime, maybe 10ish hours total. Purchased 11/14, requested refund and approved on 11/22, refund confirmation and money in my account today 11/24. Sucks to hear this doesn't seem to be the standard.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I think Bethesda should honour refunds.

But at the same time, I agree with the sentiment above. It was hardly a secret this was going to be a shitshow.
Just take the L and remember it when the next elder scrolls releases
Next time don't pre order and don't buy games day one. I always wait a week for some previews. Never had any issues with any games I bought since
This shit is disgusting.

No other industry but this one is it the customer's fault that the manufacturer fucked up and its posts like these that are why they keep getting away with it.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is disgusting.

No other industry but this one is it the customer's fault that the manufacturer fucked up and its posts like these that are why they keep getting away with it.
Bethesda shouldn't put out broken games.

Customers shouldn't buy those broken games.

Both statements can be true. Bethesda has a long history of shovelling shit at customers, you'd think people would be more wary by now.

Deleted member 34385

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
This shit is disgusting.

No its not disgusting, if you know that this is how the industry works right now, stop buying games day one. Sadly there is no other way. Buying it day one and crying how it sucks is fully your fault.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"Promised" lol.

No, they said they'd process it later, which they did. And it was declined, as it's against policy.
This is where I'm at, the language didn't guarantee a refund in any way.

I still think this situation is shitty, though, and that Bethesda morally should offer refunds. There's a strong case for the game not functioning as advertised.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never cared for fallout but I'm curious as to why this game is so bad? What's broken about it?

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm all for consumer rights, but honestly if you watched more than a minute of gameplay and still decided to buy it, the only thing you are owed is a kick in the balls preferably delivered by Todd Howard.

Kelegacy

Nov 12, 2017
Maine
Fallout 76 was a terrible idea to begin with. The rest is history (or will be soon enough).

I have played every Fallout game since the original and was disappointed since the official reveal at E3. It will be the first i dont play.

Caveat emptor.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it is different guy from your first contact?

Because different person lead to different outcome. I experience this myself while I contact same problem twice and favourable result is on the second one.

I honestly dont know that is it worth it to trade off community good will building up over past year for just to release fo76 which not only it's bad but not many ask for it for the first place except money. (Which again i dont know if it is worth it because it seems to not doing that well enough to justify this shitstorm)

Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
If you bought this shit game and end up disappointed you deserve to lose the money. I did.

On one hand it sucks to see people pay for No Mans sky and fallout 76 and end up so disappointed.

But on the other hand everyone saw it coming and those people still pre ordered. Like who thought no mans sky would actually deliver on all that they promised? And who expected a fallout game with no npcs to be fun?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for consumer rights, but honestly if you watched more than a minute of gameplay and still decided to buy it, the only thing you are owed is a kick in the balls preferably delivered by Todd Howard.
Some of us only bought it because friends dragged us into it. When said friends finally realize it's actually a pile of shit, you then try to return it.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
customers who have ever sang the lyrics Country Roads Take Me Home are no longer eligible for a refund