Status
Not open for further replies.

JustTom

May 28, 2018
Germany...
After rewatching Breaking Bad the past two weeks, I also got back to Better Call Saul since I never watched Season 4, I don't know why.
The production value of this show is just stellar and even though you know where the show is going for Mike and Saul, it's still interesting to watch all these characters developing and making choices.
However, I really do hope that a couple of episodes will show us more of Saul's life past Breaking Bad cause the bits we are getting right now aren't enough.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
However, I really do hope that a couple of episodes will show us more of Saul's life past Breaking Bad cause the bits we are getting right now aren't enough.
It's gotta get there sooner or later.

I've also rewatched BB over the past several weeks and was surprised to hear Saul mention managing a Cinnabun in a few weeks in the final season. ^_^

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sorry for posting this in the s4 thread but I didn't know where else to ask: so I just finished s3 - did Saul get his million dollars from the settlement?

Oct 25, 2017
It's like he was born to play that role, I can't see anyone else having such an underlying menacing presence.

He was randomly in my local bar a few weeks back just having a glass of chardonnay and an impossible burger, and can confirm, the man did not want to be bothered, and the underlying menacing presence was definitely kiiiinda there. Shook his hand on the way out, though, overall nice dude!

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
better-call-saul-season-5.jpg

better-call-saul-season-5-1.jpg

better-call-saul-season-5-3.jpg

better-call-saul-season-5-4.jpg

better-call-saul-season-5-5.jpg

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I caught up on the entire series around this time last year so everything is still pretty fresh.

Awaiting the return of my God Queen Kim Wexler

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Season 4

Good job Kim. You have no idea what you unleashed upon the world. Your downfall will be bittersweet to say the least. Also, RIP Werner.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yes.. my interpretation...

"It's all coming together".. Saul is Jimmy without his heart.

But all kind of obvious that Kim is the reason for that; so I expect it to not quite be what we expect, because Giligan.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found the whole "find out how nice guy Jimmy became heartless Saul" thing in the BCS marketing a bit odd, because I never really saw Saul as being an uncaring monster in BB.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Jimmy is a piece of shit with some people around him he cares about, who he tries not to hurt (and he also cares about their opinion of him, which helps stop him from hurting others if they know about it).

Saul is a piece of shit with nobody around him to care about, and no one for him to worry about them judging him. The people he's in business with he'll suggest be killed at the drop of a hat.

Saul is Jimmy without the people he loves around him; that's his heart. Nobody to love, it's all bad Jimmy.. who is Saul.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
He was corrupt, not soulless.
If your working for the cartel in any capacity other than being coerced into it against your will, then your already kind of on the morally depraved end.

In BB, all the goodness of Saul really amounted to is that he was generally against truly unnecessary violence (since it didn't help get more money) and the poisoning of a kid. He also is relatively nice to people in a general sense, but that's mostly because he's always working to be a charmer to everyone.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
I found the whole "find out how nice guy Jimmy became heartless Saul" thing in the BCS marketing a bit odd, because I never really saw Saul as being an uncaring monster in BB.

Saul suggested to Walt that Jesse should be 'sent to Belize'. And we've only seen his relationship with one client. Who knows what he suggested or arranged for some of his... more unhinged clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.