• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That guy's not living in this real world anymore. Fuck heaven and the idea of it.

Nurses are rare and needed. Any one of them does what is physically possible to do.

They are not angels.

"This candidate is a rock star".

Incorrect! They do not perform music to large crowds who are prone to applaud them! What an insane statement! Obviously untethered from reality!

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
"You know, if there's any angels in heaven, they're male and female nurses. And they're not getting paid enough."

I don't see what's confusing about this, aside from the inelegant phrasing.

It's not confusing at all. Nurses do a hard, draining job for more hours than anyone of us would like to do it.

It's the appeal to religion and "angels" that makes me roll my eyes.
Hey fucker! Get up to speed with reality!

Nurses won't get better by you calling them angelic. They would be MUCH better by ensuring they get a fair wage for all of their insane work!
Put shit into practice!

No more of that limp lip service!

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is it my phone, or does that video have some weird cuts?

Anyways, I don't really know what is bad about what he said.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
My takeaway from this isn't the bizarre premise, but that the bar is so low for him, his campagn staff wanted all of us to be very impressed that he made a distinction between male and female nurses.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
"This candidate is a rock star".

Incorrect! They do not perform music to large crowds who are prone to applaud them! What an insane statement! Obviously untethered from reality!

Do you hear the angelic hymns as people healed of their ailments by just touching these angelic creatures? No? They are in fact in debt now? And the people caring about you are paid a pittance?
Yeah, being called an angel must be much better than affording your meal for the next 2 weeks.

EDIT: It's a nice sentiment: But that's all it is.
I know Nurses who make less than me, and I only run a gas station.

They are exploited angels who DO care about their fellow human being. It's a farce. These people should be earning more than just their bare living wage. It's disgracefull. Not only in the US but everywhere in the world.

Last edited:

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
That guy's not living in this real world anymore. Fuck heaven and the idea of it.

Nurses are rare and needed. Any one of them does what is physically possible to do.

They are not angels.
Biden: "Hey, everybody! Let's hear it for nurses!"

Audience: *applause*

TeddyShardik: "FUCK YOU, BIDEN!!"

Audience: "..."

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Millennials looking for yet another reason to not vote.

Hillary was "out of touch" too, remember?

This is such a shit show. Can anyone guess what's going to happen in 2020?

The democrats will probably run a centrist again and somehow manage to lose to whatever braindead antichrist the Republicans run, like they did with Hilldawg, Gore, and Kerry. Luckily there is still time left in the primary to tear him down and try to get a real cadidate nominated like Bernie or Warren or basically #anybodybutbiden

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Biden sucks, but why get mad at him for putting some spotlight on nurses lol. There is plenty of stuff to get outraged about, but why this? I swear some people just relish in the feeling of being outraged at something.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
It's not confusing at all. Nurses do a hard, draining job for more hours than anyone of us would like to do it.

It's the appeal to religion and "angels" that makes me roll my eyes.
Hey fucker! Get up to speed with reality!

Nurses won't get better by you calling them angelic. They would be MUCH better by ensuring they get a fair wage for all of their insane work!
Put shit into practice!

No more of that limp lip service!
Your eyes couldn't have rolled any further than mine when I read your post. A man expressing deep appreciation for people that made his son's life a little more tolerable on his deathbed and then there's you yelling in the background, THEY'RE NO ANGELS! You sure showed those religious people a thing or two.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Odd thing to get pissed at Biden about when there are so many threads with legitimate reasons to get pissed at Biden. He was saying nurses are cool, not much to dig into here

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
If anything, nurses need much more praise than they get, good on Biden for giving them attention. Of all things to hate him for. Lmao.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Fuck you Biden, because you're not moving or doing anything. You're just paying lip service.

DO something for these "angels" and people needing their help, and I might reconsider.

What are the other candidates doing for them? These nurses I assume are already making $15/hour or more.

I know this because my wife is a nurse.

You can spare us the fake outrage.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Your eyes couldn't have rolled any further than mine when I read your post. A man expressing deep appreciation for people that made his son's life a little more tolerable on his deathbed and then there's you yelling in the background, THEY'RE NO ANGELS! You sure showed those religious people a thing or two.

Then what did that praise result into?
Praise by the upper class doesn't pay your bills.

Again, I know nurses who make less than me running a gas station, and they work way more hours on a much more important job.
No mention of them being the "angels of the battlefield" will make teir income better.
This praise has been given to them for generations, and yet they can't make a decent living. It's disgraceful.

These people should not have to worry about their childrens' lunch money while working 18-hour jobs.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
So are all of you cynical assholes in real life or is this ERAism 2.0 and is part of the schtick?

Nursing generally isn't an easy job and some of them do great work. It's just a compliment.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Then what did that praise result into?
Praise by the upper class doesn't pay your bills.

Again, I know nurses who make less than me running a gas station, and they work way more hours on a much more important job.
No mention of them being the "angels of the battlefield" will make teir income better.
This praise has been given to them for generations, and yet they can't make a decent living. It's disgraceful.

These people should not have to worry about their childrens' lunch money while working 18-hour jobs.
You guys really make this place a slog to read sometimes. Maybe go outside and get some fresh air.

GreatFenris

Banned
Apr 6, 2019
This is a really bizarre tweet. I am honestly flabbergasted that the campaign team even cleared it. I mean, some of these people have to be the same brilliant people that led Obama to victory twice, right?

I've watched it several times and have no idea what his point was. He is so out of touch. If Trump isn't compelled to resign or impeached, which both seem unlikely, I am concerned.

I did a search and couldn't find a thread so if old please train me to be an angel in Heaven and lock.

Then you're either dishonest, or easily confused.
What he means? Nurses and medical staff are angels, as in great and helpful people. I hear it a lot where I work. "You're an angel", usually from old people that mean you're doing good for them.
Like f*** me, diss Biden because he's basically a Republican Democrat, diss him for being a poor pick. But don't f****** jump on everything he does like some Trumplet. This is a pretty clear-cut comment. (And that is coming from a non-native speaker.)

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Nurses rule and absolutely deserve all of the appreciation and praise, but the gendering doesn't add any positive impact to the statement at all... It just gunks up what should otherwise be a fine sentiment and statement.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You guys really make this place a slog to read sometimes. Maybe go outside and get some fresh air.
Maybe get some dose of reality.

These angels are paid a pittance. I meet them every day. In the morning when they get their coffee, and in the evening when they get their overpriced Red Bulls to stay awake.
I'm "outside" every day, dude.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

These angels are paid a pittance. I meet them every day. In the morning when they get their coffee, and in the evening when they get their overpriced Red Bulls to stay awake.

Do they make less than 15/hr? That's the only thing that is shifting anyone's pay right now. Medicare for All doesn't help them.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I literally work side by side with them everyday. I know. You're still being ridiculous here.

Oct 25, 2017
article-4825-1.jpg

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Do they make less than 15/hr? That's the only thing that is shifting anyone's pay right now. Medicare for All doesn't help them.

Nurse can be many things.

My wife is a LPN who works in a school for children with mental disabilities. She gets paid ~$53k/year.

My sister in law is a RN working on her NP and works as a nursing home administrator and makes ~$85k/year.

Status
Not open for further replies.