• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
blizzard really fucked themselves

i hope whatever favor they earned from the ccp is worth the anger and disappointment from fans and their own employees who have been fucked over the most. imagine being on the diablo 4 and overwatch 2 teams being incredibly excited for their announcements leading up to blizzcon, thinking they'll make up for last year's event, only to hear about how much their cowardly executives just screwed it all up in support of an authoritarian government.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason for the concerns about safety? I don't think that they're going to be firing tear gas at Blizzcon.

...probably?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard with more bad looks.

I never thought last years Blizzcon would be topped for uncomfortableness but it is about to happen one year later.

It sounds insane that Blizzcon would actually be canceled but at this point I wouldn't put anything past Blizzard.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Blizzard, you know the "dont show fear" saying? Stop showing your fear, cause you aren't hiding it well, and everyone is just being reminded of how shit you are.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
I cant wait to see what happens in the next month. Hopefully people keep the pressure up on blizz.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I still don't know why Blizzard is sucking up to China, Tencent only owns 5% of the company right?. Do we know how much blizzard makes from the Chinese market?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
God I can't wait for Blizzcon. I'm counting the days.

They must be panicking internally. I'm curious if they'll keep the live Q&As.

I still don't know why Blizzard is sucking up to China, Tencent only owns 5% of the company right?. Do we know how much blizzard makes from the Chinese market?

They make a lot. If the Chinese government wanted to, they could ban all of Blizzard's games from China. And after what the CCP did to the NBA over one team manger's tweet supporting Hong Kong, every American company with business interests in China are shitting themselves right now fearing they'll get the same treatment (which they likely would) if one of their employees dares speak out in support of the Hong Kong protestors.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They even updated the event portrait, lol.

34bfbd9e-7973-4c69-aa0e-758253259dfa.png
"Overwatch Elsewhere"

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Spineless fucks. Wouldn't be surprised if they just cancel Blizzcon and hide away for a good long while. Tbh it might even be best, just fuck off and be forgotten instead since they clearly have no comeback plan anyway.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
They must be panicking internally. I'm curious if they'll keep the live Q&As.

I would not have believed it a week ago, but at this point I think there is a real chance they're going to cancel them. Which is just going to make things worse. They keep making things worse, it's staggering

Blizzard. Hire me to fix this mess for you. I'm available. I have no experience in PR but I'm better than whoever is handling this trash fire for you right now. DM me Blizz

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Hah, what a chickenshit way to handle it.

Blizzcon is going to be a shitstorm of insane proportions.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Looking forward to Blizzcon Direct. It'll be the only way for them to escape the deserved criticism.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
This is crazy, I am so interested to see what the hell is Blizzcon going to be like this year

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
How heartbreaking this must be for Mike Morhaime, Frank Pearce and Alan Adham, to have to watch J Allen Brack and Bobby fucking Kotick just shred everything they built like this

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
He shouldn't have gotten a warning imo. It was a clear joke based on the meme.

EDIT: Yay the warning was lifted!

Last edited:

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. Not Likely. I hope you're joking.

At this point they should really try to address this in a sincere and redeeming way at Blizzcon.
honestly the best move blizzard could make is fly blitzchun out to blizzcon, and reveal on stage that his ban is being removed. honestly I think even the ccp would be ok with it, like tecent streaming nba pre seasson again, they want this incedent gone.