• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Like, who is harmed or discriminated against when someone is pro HK? How do you possibly punch downwards with that sentiment? Please educate me.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Even Blitz knew he was breaking the rules and was ready to accept the punishment for what he did. People on here want to say fuck rules because the rules fuck with the warm fuzzy narrative that they want.
What a fucking awful statement. If he didn't get banned for the content of the message then what did he get banned for???
He got banned for breaking the rule about using the platform for a personal cause. They are saying it was not about China, they are saying that if he said "MAGA" or if he said "GO BERNIE" the results would have been the same. And also that if he went on his twitch, his facebook, Twitter or yahoo video to make his statement, nothing would have happened in the first place. Also the broadcasters were aware of what he was going to say ahead of time, they even tried to hide when he said it which is not their jobs as commentators.
Nothing Blizzard could have said would have changed any minds here. Blitz knew he was breaking the rule, and he was ready to take a punishment for it. Blizzard went should have just gone with a small slap on the wrist and let him keep his money in the first place.

Oct 28, 2017
They'll play by China's book and just confiscate anything that looks like protesting material at entrances and only have scripted Q/A sessions this time.

I just don't see how they can pull that off...unlike in China, they can't just disappear people here.

Protest shirts under sweatshirts, backpacks, I don't think they can possibly catch much if people are motivated.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even Blitz knew he was breaking the rules and was ready to accept the punishment for what he did. People on here want to say fuck rules because the rules fuck with the warm fuzzy narrative that they want.

He got banned for breaking the rule about using the platform for a personal cause. They are saying it was not about China, they are saying that if he said "MAGA" or if he said "GO BERNIE" the results would have been the same. And also that if he went on his twitch, his facebook, Twitter or yahoo video to make his statement, nothing would have happened in the first place. Also the broadcasters were aware of what he was going to say ahead of time, they even tried to hide when he said it which is not their jobs as commentators.
Nothing Blizzard could have said would have changed any minds here. Blitz knew he was breaking the rule, and he was ready to take a punishment for it. Blizzard went should have just gone with a small slap on the wrist and let him keep his money in the first place.
That warm fuzzy narrative being standing for literal human rights against a government running concentration camps and organ harvesting. You have to try hard to be this dense.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I could see hitting the kid with a small fine and calling it but a banning him AND the casters is just crazy.

Trying to question my intelligence with this "China had no influence on this decision" bullshit as well? Nah I'll stay unsubbed. I have way too much shit to play right now.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Why did American University get no punishment for their pro HK protest on stream then? Strange how Blitzchung got a one year ban + no prize money and they got nothing of the sorts. Just as weird as the "we protect the pride of our country" statement. It's almost as if Tencent has Blizzard by it's balls and it wasn't about their dumb ToS in the first place. How about you stop peddling this bullshit narrative.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

but yet the AU did the EXACT SAME THING.

Way to defend chinas government and power. Hope your social credit stays good

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope every question or moment someone has control of a mic at Blizzcon is about Hong Kong. Shut down your con or divest completely.

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely pathetic response that's completely out of touch.

That statement was a rambling bunch of garbage trying to justify the whole thing via a word salad mess.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va

how about if he said trans rights, ban warranted? gay rights? women's rights? just wondering where the line is for you

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Blizzard, it's very obvious you want to maintain your relationship with China, so I propose you fuck the fuck off and just move all your shit to China.

I honestly don't fucking want to touch another Blizzard game for the rest of my life. They have no creativity left, they are milking all their old bullshit as hard as they can to stay afloat, and they worked so hard to get into China that they deserve it.

Just go.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017

665b8cec9f3e0a920094401016fe7b60.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He got banned for breaking the rule about using the platform for a personal cause. They are saying it was not about China

Yeah this theory is bullshit given that Blizzard China literally posted on their Weibo that they are sorry for his statements and will always defend the pride of their nation.

Bullfuckingshit tis wasn't about China.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Activism Buzzword is really using every voice to make some epic statements that matter.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't believe them, but at least they gave him his prize money back, which he earned and deserved regardless.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is quite clear now that Blizzard has no core values apart from making money.

All that woke talk was pure bullshit.

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at the casters receiving any kind of punishment. What are they supposed to do, tackle him as the words come out? Blizzard are cowards, and fools if they think this Friday night statement is going to garner any good will.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017

So these rules that Blizzard and everyone suddenly adhere so closely to, why didn't Blizzard ban the team from American University?

If someone wins a tournament and says something like "I thank God and Jesus Christ for allowing me to win this tournament" and it pisses off a bunch of non-religious people do you think they would ban that person?

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Thin skinned China. Its such an embarrassment.

Exactly my point. I just can't fathom that anyone would even begin to argue this. It's so obviously bullshit. Like, even if you for some fucked up reason side with China, there's no real harm in someone arguing the case of HK. You're not hurting anyone (except Winnie the Pooh, I guess).

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Remember that time the previous Blizzard CEO spoke out against GamerGate? I'm surprised he wasn't banned for that, that was clearly a political speech and a turn off to many people who "just wanted to play games".

I'm curious if they will also be banning anyone else who has ever said anything politically charged like, "save the environment" or "don't kill people" or "human rights are good".
Don't want to offend any fascists or climate change deniers who want to play this EPIC ENTERTAINMENT of yours.

Fuck off.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK, come on, I have to say I'm confused at those "disappointed in Blizzard" posts I've seen here, people feeling betrayed by them. This should be a harsh lesson that money is going to be the supreme deciding factor over morals in decisions like this.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BK's "you need to punish him, but it should be a light token one for a first offense like this" position seemed about right. You don't want 0 punishment, but the punishments done were overkill and done for the wrong reasons.

The statement accompanying this was always going to suck because it would be doing damage control with the insecure government. The actual changes are kind of a weird compromise between the two poles of appeasing the government and the ideal appropriate response. But it's an improvement at least.