Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anybody else getting some weird slowdown on Xbox? I'm on an X, and sometimes when killing an enemy or when bats fly down I get a slight frame drop/hitch. Really annoying considering the X should handle this game fine.

Any word on the engine /tools used?

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the Iga DLC on Steam still feels kind of surreal. More than the game itself, it was that boss fight that I looked forward to all these years. CAN'T WAIT to fight Iga, holy shit.

header.jpg

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Anybody else getting some weird slowdown on Xbox? I'm on an X, and sometimes when killing an enemy or when bats fly down I get a slight frame drop/hitch. Really annoying considering the X should handle this game fine.

Any word on the engine /tools used?

I'm using the
tome familiar
and the game hitches a lot. Yesterday's patch applied.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I noticed a post on Facebook regarding the fact that the Iga's Backpack DLC isn't yet available and that entering your code will make it available when the DLC is released. Is there a separate code for this DLC that I'm just missing? I backed at the $60 level. I do have my Xbox One code for the base game, but I didn't see another code for the DLC (if applicable).

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, definitely. If something doesn't show up by EOD, then we would probably pull the trigger. It's not a high priority for us—no shade meant there, it's just that our staff isn't running at full steam post-E3–or else I would have just downloaded it this morning on my own.

Understandable. Gamer Christmas is a exhausting holiday. I look forward to seeing what you think of the game!

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in no rush for the extra goodies. I'm a little annoyed that I didn't know what the Backer ID stuff meant when I launched. I hope I didn't lock myself out of that stuff.

Game plays great which is the important thing. I'm looking forward to really diving in soon.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
This Underground Cavern area is really reminding me of Aria of Sorrow, right down to the music. It even has a giant waterfall room!

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
there's plenty of slowdown on my PS4 Pro too lol
I'm using the
tome familiar
and the game hitches a lot. Yesterday's patch applied.
I'm near the beginning, so this doesn't bode well. Not game breaking, but I'm already regretting not buying this on PC.

Also slight graphical spoiler, I just got to the Garden of Silence and...

is the moon supposed to be in front of the castle?? There's a red bridge where you can see the castle in the background and the big red moon between you and said castle. Unless there's some story reason for this, it looks bad and amateurish. The kind of thing you see in a cheap steam game. Ugh.

Otherwise really enjoying the game so far, it's a solid Castlevania game. Crafting seems cool, and enjoying the shard system even if I'm early. This is definitely making me want to revisit the DS-Era Vania games later on.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow, this snuck up on me! I had no idea it was releasing so soon. I'm really looking forward to playing it after seeing Jim Sterling's video, too.

Evilcrane

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Running really well on PC and both looks and plays great! Any of you backers might want to delete your old backer demo saves, the retail version lets you load them, but I'm guessing it isn't recommended to continue from them ;) Can't wait to see how this runs and feels on the Switch, once they release / begin mailing the backer rewards.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
is the moon supposed to be in front of the castle?? There's a red bridge where you can see the castle in the background and the big red moon between you and said castle. Unless there's some story reason for this, it looks bad and amateurish. The kind of thing you see in a cheap steam game. Ugh.
I'm starting to think it may be for story reasons because I went back to the same room later in the game and the moon is gone now. Unless my game is glitched.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
Oh baby, I don't always agree with Jim Sterling, but I've almost never disagreed with him when it comes to the seemingly few games he ends up actually loving. Just a few more hours until I can play.

Oct 25, 2017
Running really well on PC and both looks and plays great! Any of you backers might want to delete your old backer demo saves, the retail version lets you load them, but I'm guessing it isn't recommended to continue from them ;) Can't wait to see how this runs and feels on the Switch, once they release / begin mailing the backer rewards.
Does it run better than the demos? They were surprisingly taxing.

And can I delete the saves in-game, or do I need to do it from the saves folder?

ExInferus

Nov 14, 2017
how does the combat work in this game? Are there light/heavy attacks and combos? Juggling? As far as I can tell there are also skills. How many active akill slots?
Some videos I've seen concern me since I only see one attack animation being spammed constantly but maybe that's not representative.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Picking up my copy after work. My husband actually just texted me and was like "Make sure you go pick up the K-Mart Castlevania today because I really want to play it!"

I've been on a huge Metroidvania kick lately and I'm currently playing through Timespinner on the Switch so I got this on PS4 so we don't have to fight over a system, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
It's overpriced on purpose, I think, because this is content that was originally backer exclusive, but after asking the community, they made it available to everyone. But since you needed to back for at least $60 to receive this content, people would probably not like seeing it made available for free.

I personally wouldn't mind, but I understand the decision.

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
I don't know if my PC is running this game well or not. Menus and conversations all run flawless but is the actual movement ingame that seems to be off. Like...not completely smooth. Don't know if it is normal or not.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in no rush for the extra goodies. I'm a little annoyed that I didn't know what the Backer ID stuff meant when I launched. I hope I didn't lock myself out of that stuff.

Game plays great which is the important thing. I'm looking forward to really diving in soon.

I'm in no rush for the "goodies" either, the 250 I spent before. What I'm disappointed about, is everyone playing already, and I backed the first week and still don't have my PS4 digital code, or Physical Switch which I know was delayed a week. =/

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna eventually get this on XB1, not getting the inferior Switch version

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got my physical backer copy in the mail yesterday. Gonna finish Hollow Knight before moving on to this.