cevion

Oct 26, 2017
Think your where I got stuck at as well

Basically if you got the silver bromide and went to the train station and got the Ray Reflector shard (Speed Demon achievement) then you need to go back to the bell tower im pretty sure (upper left hand corner of your map currently probably, where there is some room to go upward (not the entrance). There should be a reflecting part on the left side of the room that you can use to go higher up. (Basically have you fought the blood boss yet?)

Nope, havent fought that boss. Trying to find this room but all I found was a pathway with spikes. Any chance you can explain it to me like I'm five? 😀 It's in the cathedral, yeah?

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna start this on Xbox but not with that chest bug out there. No point in having to start over with that going on.

Feb 15, 2019
Hey guys I'm at about 80% map completion and currently have no idea what to do.

I just beat Zangetsu and got his sword, he told me he wanted to beat the demon at Gebel's side but that's about it. No idea what to do now.

maddchickenz

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, havent fought that boss. Trying to find this room but all I found was a pathway with spikes. Any chance you can explain it to me like I'm five? 😀 It's in the cathedral, yeah?

I got you ;). So go to the cathedral fast travel and go 2 rooms to the left, and you'll be in a large room (there should be reflector pads below you and on left side of room.

https://imgur.com/a/WRc93Su (little area of the map)

I just beat Zangetsu and got his sword, he told me he wanted to beat the demon at Gebel's side but that's about it. No idea what to do now.
Read the description of that sword for a big hint. Fight Gebel as you normally would, but pay close attention to something that changes towards the end of the fight and it will be clear what you need to do.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

End of game ,
Go fight Gebel, slash at the red glowing moon during the fight. Then go back to the secret garden zone where the red moon was in the background, slash at it there

Feb 15, 2019
Read the description of that sword for a big hint. Fight Gebel as you normally would, but pay close attention to something that changes towards the end of the fight and it will be clear what you need to do.

End of game ,
Go fight Gebel, slash at the red glowing moon during the fight. Then go back to the secret garden zone where the red moon was in the background, slash at it there

Oh damn, I can't believe I didn't think about reading the description. I feel stupid now. Never expected to have to do all that at though and I would've probably never figured it out by myself lmao. The entire game asides that I've been fine just filling in the map when presented with new powers.

Thanks.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
End of game ,
I love that the red moon looked like an embarrassing graphical glitch when you see it in the secret garden, moving in front of background elements, but it all makes sense in the end..

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I love that the red moon looked like an embarrassing graphical glitch when you see it in the secret garden, moving in front of background elements, but it all makes sense in the end..

Lmao I was JUST thinking about that. Would've been a great detail if the rest of the game didn't lead us to believe otherwise. But it's totally awesome that it is what it is haha

Dlanor A. Knox

â–² Legend â–²
Apr 6, 2018
Okay um I just got a bad ending I guess? I only explored 60% of the map, and just fought
Gebel, after that, the game ended with a game over

I can reload my save, where am I supposed to actually go to not get a bad ending?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm slapped my FF14 reshade on. Got the job done just fine I'm satisfied :)
2zV6rHl.jpg

T73Emiw.jpg

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Game is good and makes a noble effort to recreate the Castlevania formula while starting from scratch, it succeeded and that's admirable.

But it's not really good good.

However I'm expecting the sequel to.blow everyone's socks off. This game had a rocky development and it shows. The new one is gonna be amazing and smooth sailing.

maddchickenz

Oct 27, 2017
Okay um I just got a bad ending I guess? I only explored 60% of the map, and just fought
Gebel, after that, the game ended with a game over

I can reload my save, where am I supposed to actually go to not get a bad ending?

What was the last boss you faced?

If twin dragons, you will need to go get library card.
If speed demon/ray reflector, need to go to cathedral and use ray reflector there
If blood boss, need to go to underground waterway.
If a later boss, i can give pointers! Just those 3 are the usual ones i see people fight Gebel on.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Game is good and makes a noble effort to recreate the Castlevania formula while starting from scratch, it succeeded and that's admirable.

However I'm expecting the sequel to.blow everyone's socks off. This game had a rocky development and it shows. The new one is gonna be amazing and smooth sailing.
This game isn't even close to being done yet, we still have the rest of the content coming in patches.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

yeah I think the critiques are reasonable

I can see the cracks as well but im forgiving them for the most part since the content and gameplay loops have been so damn fun

For the love of god I hope they make more sequels

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
This game isn't even close to being done yet, we still have the rest of the content coming in patches.
There are things that patches can't solve as inconsistent graphics and artstyle, the very bad dialogue and storytelling, the inconsistent hitboxes, the clunky menus, the lack of memorable locations etc.

And I'm not sure how valid it is to expect a game to "get good eventually". They're already selling it, it can be judged already. Specially as what's coming is just additional bonus stuff.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wait, they've already announced a sequel?

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Have there been any impressions of the coming Switch version yet? I know there were some concerns about performance. I'm waiting for the Switch version but if it's gonna run like garbage then I will just get it for Xbox instead of waiting.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any impressions of the coming Switch version yet? I know there were some concerns about performance. I'm waiting for the Switch version but if it's gonna run like garbage then I will just get it for Xbox instead of waiting.

All I have seen thus far is the complaint about the same bug thats plaguing the other console versions

Dlanor A. Knox

â–² Legend â–²
Apr 6, 2018
What was the last boss you faced?

If twin dragons, you will need to go get library card.
If speed demon/ray reflector, need to go to cathedral and use ray reflector there
If blood boss, need to go to underground waterway.
If a later boss, i can give pointers! Just those 3 are the usual ones i see people fight Gebel on.

Last boss I fought was
the dragon, and before that the blood lady with the Umbrella
So I guess underground waterway, but I already explored it, the only areas I didn't explore in there are the ones underwater, and I don't have swimming, i'm lost. :(

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Stuck at work wanting to go back and play more. It's been a while since a game had it's hooks in me this deep. I really wish I was a kid during summer vacation so I could just 100% the hell out of this.

What weapons are people gravitating toward? Are here any really handy weapon arts from the 8-bit weapons worth mastering?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stuck at work wanting to go back and play more. It's been a while since a game had it's hooks in me this deep. I really wish I was a kid during summer vacation so I could just 100% the hell out of this.

What weapons are people gravitating toward? Are here any really handy weapon arts from the 8-bit weapons worth mastering?
I'm loving the rapiers but I got a pocket mage build with the INT items and the spells I've collected as well as the wind sword.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm loving the rapiers but I got a pocket mage build with the INT items and the spells I've collected as well as the wind sword.
I'm thinking my hard mode run will be a mage build. Seems like there's a lot of support for it. If you got the red umbrella "sword" weapon it's worth mastering its art as it will add projectiles to a couple swords/clubs, specifically the elemental ones.