• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Anyone discover any cool weapon tech yet? I've found that with a super short hop (plinking the jump button basically) you can lash the whip in midair and then immediately lash it again when landing, cutting down on the otherwise long recovery time for the whip.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone discover any cool weapon tech yet? I've found that with a super short hop (plinking the jump button basically) you can throw the whip in midair and then immediately throw it again when landing, cutting down on the otherwise long recovery time for the whip.
The hop attack is a staple of the genre but yeah the whip is a huge beneficiary from this.

Not sure this qualifies as a spoiler but some weapon mechanics I've discovered:
The hop attack, an Igavania staple, a quick jump attack that can be repeated to dramatically reduce animation time for attacks meaning more DPS.
Book cases will contain neat story tidbits about shardbinders or weapon techniques.
The red umbrella weapon has a cool weapon art. Hadoken motion + attack to activate it. Once mastered you can do it on any sword.
There's a steampunk greatsword. To get the most out of it you need to charge it up by holding the attack button. It'll release on its own once fully charged.
The nodaichi deflect art is insanely useful early game and if you like Katanas in the game it's worth mastering since you can block attacks you don't have time to dodge.
The three sectional staff has an extended thrust that's also worth mastering for that extra reach.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh, interesting. Which platform?

Also what format did you use? The whole thing including KICKBLOODSTAINED or just the number by itself or #ABCD123?
PC (GOG) Yep, you just use the #ABC1234
I'd like to know this as well. And is the backer ID the number on our emails? Or where do we find it?
Yep, in your emails you should see KICKBLOODSTAINED-#ABC123 near the top. That's your backer ID.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
The hop attack is a staple of the genre but yeah the whip is a huge beneficiary from this.

Not sure this qualifies as a spoiler but some weapon mechanics I've discovered:
The hop attack, an Igavania staple, a quick jump attack that can be repeated to dramatically reduce animation time for attacks meaning more DPS.
Book cases will contain neat story tidbits about shardbinders or weapon techniques.
The red umbrella weapon has a cool weapon art. Hadoken motion + attack to activate it. Once mastered you can do it on any sword.
There's a steampunk greatsword. To get the most out of it you need to charge it up by holding the attack button. It'll release on its own once fully charged.
The nodaichi deflect art is insanely useful early game and if you like Katanas in the game it's worth mastering since you can block attacks you don't have time to dodge.
The three sectional staff has an extended thrust that's also worth mastering for that extra reach.
Was there stuff like that in Symphony? I don't remember but it's been a while.

Jabstab

Oct 30, 2017
Arizona
Don't know if this has been asked, have the physical switch versions started shipping out yet? Or is it like a day or two before the release?

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017
Started over because of the patch bug and oh man am I glad I did. The Spiral Sword absolutely wrecks shit early on in the game.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
PC (GOG) Yep, you just use the #ABC1234

Yep, in your emails you should see KICKBLOODSTAINED-#ABC123 near the top. That's your backer ID.
Tried again on PS4 1.02 both with and without the # just to be sure. Nothing. No feedback, nothing displayed on the save file.

I guess it does actually display in the input when putting the # so that is definitely the format, but once you submit it disappears into the ether...

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is this bug? Played about an hour.. got a patch today and played 2 more.. have not noticed anything weird myself..

On ps4

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone discover any cool weapon tech yet? I've found that with a super short hop (plinking the jump button basically) you can lash the whip in midair and then immediately lash it again when landing, cutting down on the otherwise long recovery time for the whip.
You can hit the backdash button after a normal to cancel it and almost immediately press the attack button again for another attack It comes out so fast and you barely move backwards at all. If you do it fast enough with battle boots on, you can basically look like chun li kicking fast as hell.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! I entered mine but haven't figured out what it did (if anything). At least I know I did it!
You're welcome.
Tried again on PS4 1.02 both with and without the # just to be sure. Nothing. No feedback, nothing displayed on the save file.

I guess it does actually display in the input when putting the # so that is definitely the format, but once you submit it disappears into the ether...
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it gets fixed.
Whats the backer ID even supposed to do ? I started my save file without the #. Did I fuck up ? :(
I'm in the same position.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
What is this bug? Played about an hour.. got a patch today and played 2 more.. have not noticed anything weird myself..

On ps4
Check the threadmarks, Chest Bug

Whats the backer ID even supposed to do ? I started my save file without the #. Did I fuck up ? :(
When you highlight your save file there is an options button that brings up a menu letting you put it in again. I don't believe anyone has found it actually doing anything yet but apparently it shows some info on your save in the pc version.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WoW i have a strange bug. Did some upgrade. Now my attack is stuck at 9. Can't see my weapon when attacking. And my head is missing ... wtf

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
So Im at the point where I can fight gebel, but doing so results in a game over after killing him. Obviously this is a SotN situation, but any hints on what it is I need to do or place to explore?

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know where the Meat Dish/R cooking book is? I'm at 99% map completion and this one is the elusive thing to me before finishing the game proper.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
The bosses sure are tough on hard, like the castle stuff doesn't feel too bad the bosses definitely are though. On the second boss now.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
So I've been hit by the chest bug. Can anyone tell me what the contents of the following chest was ?
This is a spoiler for just after the 3rd boss from which you get the
hand to push blocks

In the screen with the carriage that jumps a big gap, there are frogs and such on the lower path, and on the very right there is a final chest after an iron maiden. The map was not filled in but the chest opened. What was in that chest...?
You can see the chest if you teleport in the right room and enter the big area from the bottom-right

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to smash through the floor that isn't using your weapon. Like a jump thing or some such.

Official statement on chest bug

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
They released a statement on their discord regarding the chest bug:
We have been investigating the PS4/Xbox One issue that is blocking player progress in the game. We apologize for this bug and thank you for your patience while we investigated. The issue occurs when a new game is started before downloading the 1.02 update. After the update, treasure chests will appear in the incorrect open/closed state. Without the items from these chests, progress is blocked. Players affected by this bug will be required to restart the game with a new save in order to properly progress. We investigated a number of options to address this issue and each fix requires a new game to be started. Despite our efforts to provide a fix that preserves pre-1.02 progress, this is the best solution to avoid future issues.
Xbox 1 players will also be affected by this when the patch (numbered 1.00x) is delivered next week. Switch players who have a physical copy should download the 1.02 patch before playing.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
So I've been hit by the chest bug. Can anyone tell me what the contents of the following chest was ?
This is a spoiler for just after the 3rd boss from which you get the
hand to push blocks

In the screen with the carriage that jumps a big gap, there are frogs and such on the lower path, and on the very right there is a final chest after an iron maiden. The map was not filled in but the chest opened. What was in that chest...?
You can see the chest if you teleport in the right room and enter the big area from the bottom-right

Roll back the patch if you're on console and it should fix it. A lot of my chest issues were fixed by rolling to the default disc version (1.0). Good luck, and if that doesnt solve your problem then you might have to restart if it bothers you.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
How are they examining the problem on Xbox One? We haven't received any patch as of right now.

Edit: Patch NEXT WEEK? Fuck.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I got
the double jump
beat
the 2 dragons and I cant progress. Did my game glitch? I dont think it gave me the item for the camera

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Was there stuff like that in Symphony? I don't remember but it's been a while.
The hop attack is just a frame cancel on landing so you can squeeze two attacks in rapid succession. It's in SoTN, Aria, Valdis Story, Dust, and so on. I can't think of a game in the genre from recent memory that doesn't have the frame cancel into attack upon landing.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
The game can be played through on version 1.0 (base disc w/no updates). I can confirm this myself.

I don't know how this will effect future DLCs or NG+, but if you just want to complete the game go ahead and roll back to 1.0.

I'd recommend deleting the save file once you're done just to be safe for future DLCs.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the best thing to spend the 8bit coin on. I've only got one, so i don't want to waste it. Ya know.
Some have set pieces that will.
Like the bell you knock down in the cathedral

or you just looking for secrets?
Secrets. Like the well.

I already did the spoiler thing. It was pretty cool.