• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Team Are You?

• Team Real

Votes: 871 33.2%
  • Team Fake

Votes: 1,431 54.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 322 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This has been a really fun ride.

I'm 100% on team real at this point. Amazing viral marketing to super fans.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I want to be skeptical, but this "reveal" thing they're doing on the 22nd just seems too weird to me. They say they don't have money/time for a social media presence but will instead do some wildly experimental reveal on PS5?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
From the reddit post:
  • The Youtube channel linked to Hasan's PSN account was called TwentySeven27, however, the name has now been changed to "Hashtag Unknown"
  • Hasan has 27 connections on LinkedIn. However, I found a second LinkedIn profile of him, but since I don't have an account, I can't check it. If someone has an account, please check it out as well.
  • Silent Hills was cancelled on the 27th of April
  • On the discussion page of Hasan's Youtube channel, there is one comment by Game Boss, saying "RDY". The Game Boss account was created on October 27th 2018 and has this as channel description "The tapes in this Channel are Haunted. Abandon now and lose this Visage".
  • When the Game Boss channel was discovered, it had 27 subscribers. Now it has 28. On the channel are 3 seemingly random short videos (10-20 seconds). I think they are unrelated to the search, but you can check them out if you are interested.
  • The 27th trophy on Hasan's PSN account is called "You Knew, Didn't You?"
👀
#teamreal

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Shuhei and Sony have taken a completely hands off approach and are allowing the narrative to completely drive itself.

That has kind of happened before, and it's been about three days already so normally you would've seen someone pulling them back xD.

Again. Just off the wall marketing strategy on their part. It makes no sense.

Exactly, it makes no sense. So in a way, they're just digging themselves deeper for no reason at all. I just have my popcorn ready for what's to come. I don't care how good it is or how bad, just want to see the reveal :p.

Hope for the best! It's fun for me up until now.

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
I think so. I guess let me go download the app sigh. lol.
4BP4xz8.jpg

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
One thing is for certain, whatever the hell this is:
On Tuesday, June 22, a lot of PS5 owners will be downloading this 'teaser app' or whatever it is. A lot of people will be streaming it for those that don't have a PS5 or those that have even just a passing interest in all of this insanity.

There will be a lot of eyes on this.
Whether this is:
-Something involving Kojima
-Silent Hill Reboot
-or simply some tiny indie team's shot at exposure

what is happening right now, in this thread, is showing that the publicity is already working… big time.

Whatever this ends up being, I'm looking forward to whatever the outcome is.

Geoff Keighley

The Game Awards Mastermind
Verified
Nov 12, 2017
Definitely some interesting developments overnight on this. Hasan said he's going to be sending the images shortly, which I will be able to post to Twitter.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Stop having fun, stop looking into it, stop talking about it.

You're making some people in this thread very, very, VERY mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worry here is that gamers will whip themselves up into a frenzy of expectation and then when this whole thing turns out to just be an indie developer trying extremely, desperately hard to get attention for his game, all that expectation will have nowhere to go and turn into hostility.

As much as I think this dude is being kind of an ass for stringing along a wounded fanbase who's spent the better part of the last year floating from rumor to rumor with nothing to show from it all, I would rather not see him get inundated by death threats from angry Silent Hill/Kojima fans when the lid is finally lifted on his game.

I don't think those threats will come from Era, but you know how bad the gaming community at large is at handling things not going the way they want them to.

Mathezar

Oct 27, 2017
If whatever this is, if it is somehow Silent Hill related, I can't imagine Konami being part of this. All these references to 'abandonment', past dates referencing cancellation and rifts, etc. is not a good look on Konami's part - why would a company, with shareholders mind you, embarrass itself like that bringing this all up again?

Eden-prime

May 21, 2020
From the reddit post:
  • The Youtube channel linked to Hasan's PSN account was called TwentySeven27, however, the name has now been changed to "Hashtag Unknown"
  • Hasan has 27 connections on LinkedIn. However, I found a second LinkedIn profile of him, but since I don't have an account, I can't check it. If someone has an account, please check it out as well.
  • On the discussion page of Hasan's Youtube channel, there is one comment by Game Boss, saying "RDY". The Game Boss account was created on October 27th 2018 and has this as channel description "The tapes in this Channel are Haunted. Abandon now and lose this Visage".
  • When the Game Boss channel was discovered, it had 27 subscribers. Now it has 28. On the channel are 3 seemingly random short videos (10-20 seconds). I think they are unrelated to the search, but you can check them out if you are interested.

Ok. So i checked the second LinkedIn profile and there's 2 connection with 7 followers. 2-7. Again. What?

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
What's odd to me is if this really is some wild ARG backed by Kojima, the original topic of the OP being that tweet hinting at Silent Hill with the missing letters isn't that all that clever

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
SOMETHING is happening. What exactly, I will not speculate. But shit is far too smoked out for there not to be a shrub fire, minimum.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The worry here is that gamers will whip themselves up into a frenzy of expectation and then when this whole thing turns out to just be an indie developer trying extremely, desperately hard to get attention for his game, all that expectation will have nowhere to go and turn into hostility.

As much as I think this dude is being kind of an ass for stringing along a wounded fanbase who's spent the better part of the last year floating from rumor to rumor with nothing to show from it all, I would rather not see him get inundated by death threats from angry Silent Hill/Kojima fans when the lid is finally lifted on his game.

I don't think those threats will come from Era, but you know how bad the gaming community at large is at handling things not going the way they want them to.
The devs have already come out and apologized for the S-H tweet and denied being Kojima. So ppl have only themselves to blame

Oct 27, 2017
I've already responded to a comment similar to yours. Blue Box responded, but nobody else did.

This is a tiny (apparently one person) indie studio that has nothing but failed/abandoned (heh) asset flips to their name claiming they've had a partnership with Sony since 2015 and clearly using a lot of Silent Hill(s) references in their marketing. The fact that Sony didn't denounce that, and in fact promoted the game via a dedicated blog post is weird. Even weirder when they have an approved PS app dedicated to teasing their game. Konami is also apparently not bothered by this. Kojima hasn't spoken about it either, despite having the internet linking him to this project.

The only high profile instance of someone addressing this is Geoff on Twitter and here, and all he did was add fuel to the fire.

Embrace chaos
Well if BB responded what else would Sony and Konami need to say? Also remember these are multibilion dolar companies they don`t respond to internet rumors like that. The Geoff situation is the only weird thing about the whole scenario but I need more than that before joining #teamreal. Trust me I want to believe but evidence so far hasn`t been convincing enough imo.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe this is all just an elaborate ruse to gauge interest in a new SH potentially getting greenlit 👀

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
One thing is for certain, whatever the hell this is:
On Tuesday, June 22, a lot of PS5 owners will be downloading this 'teaser app' or whatever it is. A lot of people will be streaming it for those that don't have a PS5 or those that have even just a passing interest in all of this insanity.

There will be a lot of eyes on this.
Whether this is:
-Something involving Kojima
-Silent Hill Reboot
-or simply some tiny indie team's shot at exposure

what is happening right now, in this thread, is showing that the publicity is already working… big time.

Whatever this ends up being, I'm looking forward to whatever the outcome is.
This has been a crazy ass ride, my god.

The earlier threads on this will look hilarious in hindsight if its Silent Hill. I also dont think Kojima is doing it.

Bloober Team...I wouldnt just dismiss them outright. With the backing of Sony them doing it could wind up being a hit.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Definitely some interesting developments overnight on this. Hasan said he's going to be sending the images shortly, which I will be able to post to Twitter.

Aren't you worried if all this turn into a big mess and some of it splashes into your persona?

And by mess, I'm referring, mainly, to the game not being Silent Hill / Hideo Kojima and people become upset about it.

Thanks.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
The devs have already come out and apologized for the S-H tweet and denied being Kojima. So ppl have only themselves to blame
Yeah at this point anyone getting upset or mad that's in them. I'm just laughing at the journey and just embracing chaos. While at the end of the day most of this is probably blue balls

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
This has already been explained by someone else earlier in the thread who is much more eloquent than me, but Japanese doesn't really work like that, you can't just take a romanisation of a name and put in google translate as the kanji of names is so different

Listen, I don't speak japanese. I don't read Japanese. Like you, I trust people when it comes to japanese because it's something I just don't understand. I trust 100% that if you put the Kanji in, it wouldn't fit.

However, I know how to write "Hideo" in google translate, set it to Japanese and then set the other l anguage to Turkish. And Hideo translates to Kahraman that way. Doesn't mean that it's legit with Kanji. Never claimed it was, and I don't think anyone claimed it was either. All I'm saying is, no matter the "real" way to translate from Japanese in Google Translate, the fact remains that Hideo translates to Kahraman for everyone using it except people using Kanji.

So, whoever "designed" this knows this perfectly well. So it's either Hasan Kahraman is someone who just so happens to have the same initials as Hideo Kojima AND their last name directly translate to Hideo in Google Translate OR whoever "created" the Kahraman name looked for translations for Hideo or Kojima in Google Translates and just applied the "best" result.

Again, no smoking gun. Never claimed it was.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some of this reminds me of numerology, where confirmation bias can lead many different combinations of numbers to seemingly point towards the same conclusion.

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
Aren't you worried if all this turn into a big mess and some of it splashes into your persona?

And by mess, I'm referring, mainly, to the game not being Silent Hill / Hideo Kojima and people become upset about it.

Thanks.
I believe the people in this thread will behave in that case. At least I hope so.

But the wider gaming community is a different story.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Listen, I don't speak japanese. I don't read Japanese. Like you, I trust people when it comes to japanese because it's something I just don't understand. I trust 100% that if you put the Kanji in, it wouldn't fit.

However, I know how to write "Hideo" in google translate, set it to Japanese and then set the other l anguage to Turkish. And Hideo translates to Kahraman that way. Doesn't mean that it's legit with Kanji. Never claimed it was, and I don't think anyone claimed it was either. All I'm saying is, no matter the "real" way to translate from Japanese in Google Translate, the fact remains that Hideo translates to Kahraman for everyone using it except people using Kanji.

So, whoever "designed" this knows this perfectly well. So it's either Hasan Kahraman is someone who just so happens to have the same initials as Hideo Kojima AND their last name directly translate to Hideo in Google Translate OR whoever "created" the Kahraman name looked for translations for Hideo or Kojima in Google Translates and just applied the "best" result.

Again, no smoking gun. Never claimed it was.
i think its totally fair for people to point out that Hideo as it is written in Kanji doesn't translate to Kahraman. But also, it is still a mighty coincidence that Hideo translates to Kahraman at all in the first place AND they share the same initials. that's pretty unlikely. I'm team fake, but this is like the most compelling team real evidence.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm all in on this chaos train baby. Lmao. This is hilarious fun and a distraction for me. What ever it turns out to be, I think A LOT of marketing folks going forward may start looking to try and actually hype something up in this manner.
I do recall the day that blog post came out just how out of left field and odd it was. Who knows wtf this is.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I just want to mention it is totally possible for Geoff to be in on this but to pretend to not be in on it, that being said. Fall down this rabbit hole at your own risk/anticipation. If nothing comes out, do not be angry.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
From the reddit post:

Game Boss joined Youtube on 27.10.2018... Started uploading bizarre videos... yesterday...???

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017

Yeah, these concerns are valid. In that regard, my post is really insensitive. That doesn't excuse anything, but my post was mostly targeting people who just seem to be mad that people are having fun with the goose chase and calling people idiots for it.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'm all in on this chaos train baby. Lmao. This is hilarious fun and a distraction for me. What ever it turns out to be, I think A LOT of marketing folks going forward may start looking to try and actually hype something up in this manner.
I do recall the day that blog post came out just how out of left field and odd it was. Who knows wtf this is.
It will be hard to replicate for sure. I remember being very excited on the original announcement thread, but never expected it to get this much attention.
Even if it isn't SH, I hope it's a good game.
I just want to mention it is totally possible for Geoff to be in on this but to pretend to not be in on it, that being said. Fall down this rabbit hole at your own risk/anticipation. If nothing comes out, do not be angry.
Most of the angry post are coming from people that don't believe, and are getting mad at anyone excited. *shrug*

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
Here we go...

Edit: Wait a minute, now he's sending them "shortly"? Are you trying to make us think he's not based in Tokyo lmao

(We do love you Geoff)

Edit 2: Pretty sure you got these images overnight Geoff before Kojima went to bed ;)

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, are we sure that silenthill.com coming back from the dead isn't a part of this? The scope of this is just so grand, I think we might need to consider it wasn't just a troll buying the domain to fuck with people.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
It will be hard to replicate for sure. I remember being very excited on the original announcement thread, but never expected it to get this much attention.
Even if it isn't SH, I hope it's a good game.

Most of the angry post are coming from people that don't believe, and are getting mad at anyone excited. *shrug*
Yup agreed and yeah the non-believers are the ones like whoa man gamer backlash when most of the believers are like well even if this isnt real this has been a crazy conspiracy lol. And I like fun conspiracy like this or aliens building the pyramids lol Its dumb highly not real but fun to speculate lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.