• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Don't mind, don't care, still gonna watch it and have fun.

I'm still watching as well. Because I don't think Boogie attending the awards is representative of the show itself or Geoff as a person.

But to come in here and brag that you don't care about the legitimate issues people have is gross. Boogie is, factually, an apologist for white supremacists. He has said very terrible things on his streams. You should care about that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Remember this?
plvce09qsr411.png

This is a post about his dad.
His dad was a child rapist. His dad raped Boogie's sister.

So as someone who already can't stand the man, I've never heard about this.

Could you provide a source or some additional context? Because what the fuck.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't speak for the rest of Gina's content but this is a pretty good video on the corse issues with Boogie and what was likely to happen before he went off the centrist deep end:

Also TheModestGun I'm guessing you didn't respond to my other post because you didn't have any proof to back up what you were saying?

This is a great video for those who want to understand why some of us say boogie is a manipulator.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't mind, don't care, still gonna watch it and have fun.

Going through "fuck him" posts it was surprising (or not really considering how fickle ERA can be) to find posts saying "fuck geoff/cory barlog" lmao, never ever change folks.

Wish all those females and minorities would shut up so you can hear your video games better amirite? Get your priorities straight.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure it's difficult to have to deal with that situation with your father. (I'm sure it might even be difficult to hate your own father). But nobody would defend something terrible like that happening to their sister.

Geoff Keighley waiting for a response.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
He may very well not be on stage. He could have bought a ticket or something and nobody would have reason to care. He can buy tickets to wherever he wants.

But Geoff reaching back out is validating his attendance. It's saying "I'm glad you are part of this community and will be here with us."

I created this thread because I simply am left befuddled as to why? Why is this person welcomed to this supposed celebration after all this awful vile shit that has come out of his mouth? Why is this the kind of person who will continually get a pass from major figures of this industry? What does it say about this viewership? What does it say with the people just as excited to schmooze with him? And no, the Oscars or any other show aren't any better. Shitty people attend those all the time. But Boogie is highlighted as a reflection of the community, and I can't imagine a more horrifying funhouse nightmare image staring back at me.

Don't forget that most people missed out on the incident mentioned. Gaf and Reset Era are the 2 places where this is being discussed. He is still quite popular elsewhere. Even Dutch gaming friends know of him even though. Never been a fan myself luckily

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I've been had! What you're saying makes sense though, the majority of the videos I've seen are talking about his abusive childhood, health issues, being bullied online because of his weight etc;

It's always been incredibly disappointing to me that when it comes to "fat-shaming," and the treatment of overweight people, Boogie's always been a hyper-aggressive advocate of change, and fights hard for equality. But when it comes to other oppressed demographics, they're all supposed to "meet in the middle" with the people that want to kill them.

Just unbelievable to me that bullied overweight people deserve real, permanent change, but everyone else should be only half-killed, or half-assaulted as a "reasonable compromise" to meet in the middle so everyone gets along.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Boogie is a manipulator. At least to me when he cries on camera or gets stressed out about politics he cowards into a corner and plays victim. He wants to talk about politics. Says something so stupid, and then plays victim about the situation when the outrage happens. I am just not sure I buy into the crying anymore.

Maybe I'm a bad person.

When you've reached a point in your life when you've watched an adult cry real tears that they've been caught hurting a child more than once, you understand that even if that emotional reaction is relatable, the things that trigger it are worlds apart for different people. And when someone is an entertainer in this sort of format, and they choose to broadcast those moments of breaking down when they're (repeatedly) doing so in response to valid criticism, it's most certainly being used as a manipulation. It's no different from someone in a personal relationship who uses crying or empty threats of self-harm to control others.

No, you're not a bad person. That pattern is just that obvious. When people build a coping mechanism of translating their own self-loathing and the consequences of their behavior into externalized victimhood, it makes a perfect shield against self-awareness and personal progress. It's a bummer, but it is what it is.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When PewdiePie was doing Nazi related stuff? I followed that whole saga and he certainly wasn't doing "Nazi stuff" just shitty ass edgelord attempts at comedy. It wasn't acceptable and I think he was way out of line but to say he was doing "Nazi stuff" implies he is actually into Nazi ideology.

Do you see the problem with framing things in this manner?

I for sure agree that Boogie has said crappy/ignorant things, and I don't blame people for not wanting to listen to him, but I really do think there is a difference between a well intentioned ignorant person and an evil hateful fuck.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Boogie doesn't learn, he has not changed, he doesn't seem to want to change. His good intentions mean nothing if he doesn't plan to follow through and be better. People are sick of his apologies when Boogie keeps pulling the same crap every single time.

And for Pewdiepie, just another useful person to these hate groups. Going after the media with the help of Sargon of Akkad, another useful person to neo-Nazis because of his views (iirc he supports the AFD in Germany which is a neo-Nazi party), having Ben Sharpiro in one of his videos who is an extreme conservative and pretty dangerous individual himself. Pewdiepie can absolutely fuck off into the sun.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
He's no ignorant he's malicious trash who fully knows what he's doing

Fuck off, calling this scum friend publicly on twitter sends a very clear message. "we want the nazi crowd to watch this shit to satisfy our sponsor"
Dude is a spineless shit.

It only has about 200 likes and 6 retweets, they seem to be doing a really poor job with their message and reach.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it very telling that Geoff Keighley always ignores these controversial threads but is always ready to sell its bigot friendly show in every other VGX thread.

It's because of people like him that this industry is full of bigotry and hate. They never have nothing to say against it unless it benefits their business. And the other poster was decrying Era having less industry people. Well, good riddance to bad trash then.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Remember this?
plvce09qsr411.png

This is a post about his dad.
His dad was a child rapist. His dad raped Boogie's sister.
I don't like Boogie at all. I think a lot of things that he says are shitty. I don't even pay attention to him. But c'mon, are you really going go after his relationship with his family? Maybe Boogie is in denial because it's the only way he can deal with it. Kids tend to love their parents unconditionally. It's shitty, but that's how things are...

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Can someone explain to me why Jaffe keeps coming up?
He made some tweets the other day saying the likes of Milo Yiannopoulos deserve a platform to speak from and shouldn't be shut out even if they are bad. What he said and what he's followed that initial statement up with have basically been exactly what Boogie has said in the past about giving people like Alex Jones and Info Wars the right to be heard and not "censored."

There was big thread on it here and people obviously calling him out and shitting on him for his ignorant and dangerous stance and he retaliated in some podcast or stream of his specifically calling out ResetERA as well as calling out a member here by name on Twitter to come debate him on said stream, in a civil manner, or not.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He seems like the typical defensive arguer, defending indefensible shit because he feels when other people criticize white supremacy they're somehow criticizing him for being white or that criticizing sexism is an attack on men.

I've mercifully been exposed too precious little of his political or non-gaming content.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I find it very telling that Geoff Keighley always ignores these controversial threads but is always ready to sell its bigot friendly show in every other VGX thread.

It's because of people like him that this industry is full of bigotry and hate. They never have nothing to say against it unless it benefits their business. And the other poster was decrying Era having less industry people. Well, good riddance to bad trash then.
To be honest, I think Geoff is extremely bussy right now with the show starting soon.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I can't speak for the rest of Gina's content but this is a pretty good video on the corse issues with Boogie and what was likely to happen before he went off the centrist deep end:

Also TheModestGun I'm guessing you didn't respond to my other post because you didn't have any proof to back up what you were saying?

No, I just never saw that you replied.

I dunno man. Interpretation isn't really about proof. It seems to me that you are taking the most blunt least charitable interpretation as possible in both clips that you've shown me. I tried giving you an explanation of how I took his statements in the context of their entirety.

Again, I think he is ignorant and his political philosophy is severely flawed and ultimately very naive, but it's also clear to me that he is well intentioned. The insistence that he is some sinister evil bastard by some people on this board is disturbingly out of touch. He is most of your parents.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Go look at any twitch chat. Hell, find a fucking charity stream. Watch Awesome/Summer Games Done Quick which features a diverse community, including black people, asian people, gay people and trans people. Hundreds of thousands of people watch these charity streams, which are supposed to be PG, they're supposed to be pretty wholesome. Watch the chat whenever someone who isn't a white male comes on screen. See how many TriHards show up to mock black people. See how many people focus on how hot or not a woman is. See how many people post "triggered" whenever a trans person shows ANY emotion.

Most "gamers" dont give two fucks. Irregardless of what Geoff Keighley might say to open the show and inspire that the hobby continues to grow, and it's matured and it's inclusive, it's still very much a white boys club with a lot of fucking gate keeping.

These people need to be actively repelled from the community. As in, don't invite them to the game awards. Fuck them.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, I think he is ignorant and his political philosophy is severely flawed and ultimately very naive, but it's also clear to me that he is well intentioned. The insistence that he is some sinister evil bastard by some people on this board is disturbingly out of touch. He is most of your parents.
I don't know how anyone can actually say that and believe that's true.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh it gets worse
He then proceeds to threaten people with physical threats because they brought up that his dad was a monster.

And not to forget , he was the one outing the story and other horrifying details of his sister's life. Without her consent. Dude put her life on public for views without even asking.
boogie2988-father-raped-sister.png

boogie-father-molested-sister.png

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
i think geoff keighley might be a little busy at the moment guys, i dunno
Yeah, like, I doubt that he gonna talk about this tomorrow or any other day, but he obviously isn't gonna enter the forum to post about that 4 hours before the most important moment of the year to him

Alaxend0l

Dec 6, 2017
To think I used to watch this dude a few years ago. Glad I stopped.

I was planning on watching this show, but there's no way in hell I'm doing that now. Unless an apology is sent out, which I really doubt will happen.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except that he has defended white supremacy, and when one extreme is Nazi's and their supporters and another is the opposite of that it's entirely reasonable to be on the far-flung extreme. I'm proud to be thought of as extremely anti-Nazi and anti-racist and anti-misogyny.

If you have no love for Boogie what motivated you to post? You constantly have to come in and tut-tut progressive causes.

It's literally any thread where bigots are getting called out.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What about good people invited to the event? Geoff is trash anyway, right?

Maybe you could put the same effort promoting that instead on fixing on this guy (who you could still brought up but I don't see anyone saying how good for the industry is to host people that pushes forward the industry).

It's like doing something bad is the only thing that matters in the end.

I still believe we're all rotten in some lvl btw, I don't trust you're all so good.
Here's something I've come to realize about Geoff.

He's a marketer. He maintains his relationships in the industry because he wants to sell and promote the idea that his work and the TGAs actually mean something. And when I say marketer, I don't just mean "lol Dorito Pope." I think of things like how he basically pissed all over Konami on stage to make Kojima (who was being held back in Japan to do his job) look even better during a time when it was popular to hate Konami just for existing and to laud Kojima as some sort of renegade hero (despite Kojima himself very likely being a major source of internal strife in regards to the company's video game division). It's why we keep seeing trashfire YouTubers and streamers appear on the TGAs year after year; they have an audience that could become part of the TGA audience. It doesn''t matter to Geoff that Boogie is a coward with weaker morals than toilet paper; he's someone with an audience, controversy be damned. Geoff works his ass off to keep in the good graces of big companies like Nintendo so that they'll continue to sponsor the awards show and give him access to premiere trailers.

That's really all Geoff seemingly does at this point. His job is the TGAs. And he's not above making repugnant decisions if he thinks those decisions will elevate the show. Geoff tries to keep himself squeaky clean as a presenter, but it's hard not to see that there are things he'd willingly turn a blind eye toward for the sake of his awards show.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Nice guest you got here Geoff!
As an abused child, I can seriously say, fuck you dude. You'll never understand the complicated nature of having and abusive parent that you still love. It makes you a REAL shitty person to use this as ammo to judge a person. Seriously, some of y'all are real monsters.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, doesn't anyone realise he's just that dumb?

I kind of had to laugh when he talked with another Youtube user named "Rags".
Rags is a bisexual man who actually is convinced voting for Trump was the smart thing to do, and their conversation existed completely out of Boogie not wanting to offend him.
He's not a racist, homophoob , he really is that afraid of offending people, and weirdly enough offends people when trying to not offend people.
It might be his past, and while that is no excuse, without wanting to offend anyone, I seriously think a lot of people take his ever changing opinions too seriously, he doesn't know what he thinks, he is completely reactionary.

Okay. So, then, do you feel that he's afraid of offending Wizards of the Coast where he directly accuses them of forcing diversity into their card game community, and rising up regressives by doing that?

Do you feel that he's afraid of offending Anita Sarkeesian when he blames her for Neo-Nazis killing a woman, and says he doesn't give a shit about her goalposts because he believes in the logical, sane middle?

I'd understand your position if he was afraid to go onto the attack, but he isn't.

Jun 17, 2018
It's always been incredibly disappointing to me that when it comes to "fat-shaming," and the treatment of overweight people, Boogie's always been a hyper-aggressive advocate of change, and fights hard for equality. But when it comes to other oppressed demographics, they're all supposed to "meet in the middle" with the people that want to kill them.

Just unbelievable to me that bullied overweight people deserve real, permanent change, but everyone else should be only half-killed, or half-assaulted as a "reasonable compromise" to meet in the middle so everyone gets along.
These are the worst types of hypocrites, ashamed I ever spent time watching his videos.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
This thread started hours ago and Geoff has had plenty of time to respond. Hell, he was lurking here just minutes before it was locked.

Geoff has had years to address this issue. This isn't the first time we've called him out on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh it gets worse
He then proceeds to threaten people with physical threats because they brought up that his dad was a monster.

And not to forget , he was the one outing the story and other horrifying details of his sister's life. Without her consent. Dude put her life on public for views without even asking.
boogie2988-father-raped-sister.png

boogie-father-molested-sister.png
Pffthaha

"God look at all this horrible shit my sister went through. My life is so fucked up."

Status
Not open for further replies.