- Dec 28, 2017
As you all know, Borderlands 3 will be revealed at Gearbox's PAX East theater show in 2 days, this is the only major leak to have popped up in the run up to the event, obviously take with a grain of salt but we'll be seeing if this is all true or not very soon.
- Takes place 5 years after the end of BL2/TPS
- Tannis is not what she seems
- AI Jack may be back, but he's not the villain
- Rhys is back as CEO of Atlas. Atlas is back as a manufacturer. Gorty is back to help the player find multiple vaults in the game. Not just one vault this time. Tina is back as an adult. No word on the others but you can expect cameos from everyone like in BL2
- Writing is more like BL1 than BL2
- 4 new vault hunters
- Abilities have been reworked, everyone now has multiple action skills instead of one
- Flak the Beastmaster is a homeless looking android. He can summon multiple creatures to help him fight. The AI for this is what delayed announcement last October. So hopefully it's fixed now.
- The woman seen in the UE4 demo last year is a Valdof character who is the gunner class. She can summon a bear mech on which other players can ride. Summons the mech like in Titanfall. No word on how this works indoors.
- The older male is like Batman. He's the stealth/assassin character. He's rich and uses gadgets for his action skills.
- There's a black woman Siren character. She's melee oriented like Brick was. She will have several siren abilities like phase-lock, phase-shift, and a ground pound skill.
- NPCs can revive you now if you're close enough and go into FFYL
- Guns are reworked. You'll have changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats. You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts.
- The bad guys are The Calypso Twins. One is a female siren (as only women can be sirens) and the other is a male who somehow has siren powers. Either he figured out a way to give anyone siren powers or the bond between twins allows him to share his sister's powers. They're rumored to be ex-Atlas employees
- The Calypso twins rule The Children of the Vault, a cult mob that will replace Bandits/Scavs as the default human mob.
- They will have their own weapon brand
- All brands returning except Bandit/Scav
- All elements returning except Slag, Laser, and Ice. New elements are rumored and the only lead says "nuclear" is one of them.
- You'll start on Pandora but leave shortly into the game on Sanctuary 3, the Crimson Raider's ship. It will be the hub for multiple planet locations.
- We're going to Promethea